Bikes '17 : Feels like a Sanction but isn't...

My noisy, creaky best friend, a '15 XL Sanction, is getting long in the tooth. Best fitting and riding bike I've had and I am scared to part ways. Anything out there that compares? Anybody here ride a Sanction and understand?

Of course, I could get a new one but they are only completes now and come with pretty bizarre specs and I hate the thought of parting a brand new bike out.

would like to keep things 27.5 and don't have a carbon/alloy preference.

Shortlist: XLs
    17 Remedy
    SB6
    Patrol

None are quite as long and I love the long ass wheelbase of the Sanction. Who might I be missing here?
    I guess three years together is always a possibility.
    bumps are for poor people

wow, didnt realize the Sanction was that long.

2017 kona process is even longer in reach and wheelbase, comes in a XL and is available as a Frameset.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Every GT I've ridden (including the Sanction) has had creaky, sloppy pivots down around the dog bone link near the BB. Replacing those might make it creak less?

Haven't ridden one yet, but the new Rocky Mtn. Slayer in an XL is in the same ballpark size-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Every GT I've ridden (including the Sanction) has had creaky, sloppy pivots down around the dog bone link near the BB. Replacing those might make it creak less?

Haven't ridden one yet, but the new Rocky Mtn. Slayer in an XL is in the same ballpark size-wise.
    I've replaced the dogbone twice and replaced the bushings three times last year and once this year with the third dogbone. Brand new, they start creaking after 50ish miles. I still absolutely love the bike though. the way it pedals through the rough is amazing. Thought mine was a lemon with the creaking but the Laketown boys said its pretty much the norm for those that ride it alot.

The Process 153 looks great but I think heavier than the Sanction. my coworker slays the local xc series here on a 111 and i wanna be like him so that could be good.

The Slayer looks good too. wondering about those new pivots and the press fit. room for a bottle is a plus.

adding those to the list and dropping the remedy.
    bumps are for poor people

Giant Reign? XL also has a 1244mm wheelbase, looks same as the sanction.

If you like the ride just crank the tunes louder and call it good.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba