Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    waiting on my free heliskiing, bro

maybe some day we can faceoff in the gunbarrel 25

or a home depot lot

your choice, i am confident in my abilites at both venues
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

We'll do the local hardware store so you can buy me a $37 stud finder when you lose.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Sacramento restaurant recs

i watch cage fighting

my dog prefers watching womens cage fighting, i think i do too

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1473893328.974449.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	207.6 KB 
ID:	187814
    Zone Controller

Jesus Christ you've got to get a hobby dude
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I'm a city slicker, we have nothing fun to do but spend and consume.

Headed to gym in a bit to train for teh showdown

Fyi this is a hobby for me. A very fulfilling one
    Zone Controller

Sandra D's if you like southern bbq

Good BBQ at the Tank House in midtown and Farenheit 250 on the east edge of East Sac. For some reason if you review restaurants for the Bee or the News and Review, you are required to refer to BBQ as 'cue. Isn't that cute.
    For upscale eating, Biba (Italian) is as good as it gets. No foody pretension, just classic Italian. As long as you don't mind eating with a lot of old folks and not having music playing.

33rd Street Bistro or One Speed Pizza, not super close but both solid with good beer lists, at least a few years back they were.

Frank Fat's is always fun for super heavy American-ized Chinese food, and to watch backroom deals get made. Honey walnut prawns...so good...

Mulvaney's was my go-to for nicer dinners, but midtown has had a real big improvement since I lived in the CV seven years ago...

40 years in Sacto on and off (currenlty off) and I've never been to Frank Fats.
    Never let it be said that Sac doesn't have anything worth seeing. German folks we know came to the US for the first time. They rented a van for them and 3 kids--saw Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Sequoia, Yosemite, LA, SF, Tahoe--all in 2 weeks. They were saving the best for last, the highlight of their trip, the main reason they came to the US. Sutter's Fort. (They come from the hometown of John Sutter.)

It's on Capitol Mall...where the work lunch options (way back in the 2000s) were that and Il Fornaio (and Third Street Grill a block off...). You didn't miss much. Better Chinese food available elsewhere, I'm sure (Jade Garden in Davis was unexpectedly really authentic and tasty).

Quote Originally Posted by FormerKnuckleDragger View Post
    It's on Capitol Mall...where the work lunch options (way back in the 2000s) were that and Il Fornaio (and Third Street Grill a block off...). You didn't miss much. Better Chinese food available elsewhere, I'm sure (Jade Garden in Davis was unexpectedly really authentic and tasty).
    I've been on a search for a decent Chinese restaurant in Sac since the North China on Fulton switched owners for about the third time years ago. Even Wong's Garden in Truckee is better than any place I've found in Sacto. Except for King's in West Sac for Dim Sum.

You need to come to R&G Lounge in San Francisco. It's Cantonese, but arguably the best in town. My Chinese clients (mostly from Beijing) like Fang, but for the life of me I can't figure out why.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I've been on a search for a decent Chinese restaurant in Sac since the North China on Fulton switched owners for about the third time years ago. Even Wong's Garden in Truckee is better than any place I've found in Sacto. Except for King's in West Sac for Dim Sum.
    ABC Bakery is pretty damn good. Its a Dim Sum/ Bao house. Good sui mai and nice buns. They're egg custard tart is pretty amazing. I need to try Kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    ABC Bakery is pretty damn good. Its a Dim Sum/ Bao house. Good sui mai and nice buns. They're egg custard tart is pretty amazing. I need to try Kings.
    You probably should stay out of the bathroom if you don't want to be grossed out. Actually the dining room isn't much better, but the food is good and they know us. The server/asst mgr (?) is Jennifer--the least Jennifer looking Jennifer I've ever seen. Very nice lady.

Juno for lunch in East Sac--they bake their own bread. Great bahn mi sandwich. Divine Gelateria and Bakery in Midtown and newly opened in East Sac. A great take out lunch place is Rosie's deli in east sac--great BBQ sandwiches.