First Gen Bibby versus subsequent gens

Before you flame me, yes, I have read the Blister reviews about this ski!

The truth is, there's always huge dumps where I ski in Japan, but the tourist factor is getting pretty noticeable.

Typically, I get about two hours of powder laps at Niseko, before I have to start skiing chop, or duck ropes. Whoops, I mean ... Get creative

A couple years ago, I bought a used pair of 190cm Moment Bibby Pro skis with the sea monster and people in the canoes top sheet.

I'll be damned if they weren't the most dead feeling pair of skis I've ever been on.

You really had to find steep terrain before these things came to life. Also, I felt like I couldn't find the sweet spot when skiing in leftovers.

So, does the first generation of this ski feel the same wonky way to other people?

FYI, I have skied and enjoy the 187cm Belafonte and a 184 Katana in these chop situations, and they are amazing stiffer skis.

The Volkl 2 is also an amazing med. flex ski for Japan, but does not do well in chop either.
    Last edited by SUPERIOR; 09-09-2016 at 09:10 PM.

Interesting you found the ski dead.

Regardless, the sidecut and camber of the ski are the same as that version.

The composites and build of the ski have changed over the years.

There is now quite a bit of carbon fiber throughout the ski. Some variance in the type of Triax fiberglass we use, new and different base material, etc.

The ski now has a semi-cap construction to allow it to be more durable in ski-to-ski impacts.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

I can also be reached at luke@momentskis.com

I think I sold you that pair of 190 Bibbys and totally agree that they were dead feeling until going fast. After selling the 190's, I found a pair of 184's a couple yrs. newer (tree and Mtn graffic) but still the OG bibbys. Much more pop to them and a pound/ski lighter. Just picked up the 15/16 bibby for this yr.