Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamothe View Post
    great. thanks. the way the programer explained it was close band/range has 3 decimals( .000) as opposed to the former wide range with 2 decimal number( .00). most of those RR's on your list posted are 2 decimal then 00(eg. rr1 is .0800, rr2 is .1100, etc.) as opposed to a couple rr's that need 3 decimals plus a 0(rr6 is .2450). i have mine pre programmed for the old frequencies and they are listed as rr1 thru to rr45 not the actual frequency. i wonder if i would still be able to transmit/recieve on the roads that are just the 2 decimal roads followed by 2 0's? any idea?

Should be able to hear and transmit fine if going to the 2nd decimal point. Range might be a bit compromised. You sound be able to adjust the frequency step depending on your radio

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    Should be able to hear and transmit fine if going to the 2nd decimal point. Range might be a bit compromised. You sound be able to adjust the frequency step depending on your radio
    thats what i was thinking, depending on which rr, mine only goes to 2 decimals. only needs 1-2km range so thats probably fine

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    shitty , bit of a distance for the vehicle hawks to travel.

picked up a new icom handheld when the frequencies were wide band. they changed the fsr's shortly after to close band and my handheld is useless. what a waste

Shitty deal. What model icom did you buy?

I pick up a baofeng from china for 40 bucks a few years back. came with programing software , and you can input channels on the fly. I am amazed with the quality of the product so far. We use them all the time, not just on the road. One of the best additions to my safety gear in years.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Shitty deal. What model icom did you buy?

I pick up a baofeng from china for 40 bucks a few years back. came with programing software , and you can input channels on the fly. I am amazed with the quality of the product so far. We use them all the time, not just on the road. One of the best additions to my safety gear in years.
    It's an icom ic-v8. Ya thought it'd be good to get the highway repeaters on there too. Anything happens riding up at keystone or joss , etc, I could just bring up the repeater and dial up a call

This
    http://icomamerica.com/en/products/a...8/default.aspx

Picked it up new/cheap off eBay. $75 free ship from china

X2 on baofang . We probably have 15 in my circle. Not one issue and we use them all the time
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Do you think one of you guys could send me a csv file with some of the revy repeaters or operations channels. I have a few but haven't had a chance to confirm then. More for emergency than anything. I have alot of the golden ones as well as frs/gmrs RR ladd murs programmed into a starter csv if any one needs it. For chirp. Also using baofeng

Baofang and $40 check. Models? Looking at several icoms and I can't see what the programmer was talking about(wide range/ close range, 3 decimal point bs)

YouTube the program "chirp" to program baofeng uv5r. Plenty of info on what it all means

I think Hefe has a list of the repeaters ... if not I can probably track one down.

I haven't tripped a tower to make a phone call in 10 years ... I think I should buff my radio protocols up a bit... as cell coverage increases and Sat communication becomes more popular, these radio functions are becoming a lost art (to me).

I think I have it on my work computer. Will look on monday. Those made in china radios are great, especially when one of your buddies decides to go down a non-sleddable drainage by himself eh cmcrawfo????? hahahahaha
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Non-sleddable is a subjective term.

That would be great hefe.

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    That would be great hefe.
    X2 that'd be much appreciated. Thanks for that chirp yt vid too crashidy. Lots of good stuff and step by step is pretty straight forward. C if mine will accept it before I order another

Hard to beat a Baofeng for 70 something bucks. If you need real distance however, they don't hold a candle to an icom at the same wattage.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	powursus.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	194169

Really nice on the pass today, snowed all day with no sign of stopping.
    Drive slow, homie.

^^hellz yeah!!

baofang uv-5r $37.77 free ship on teh way

Have to go to Penticton for work on Tuesday. Was thinking of skinning up Apex in the afternoon - I know, they're closed - what are the conditions like around there? How are they with people skinning on the resort? I'll probably be done work around noon and won't be flying home until 6ish, so will have some time to kill. Would love to get out for a skin for a couple hours. Any other locations I could go for a little exercise and maybe a few turns? Closer the better. More about the exercise and the scenery than the need for turns.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Went to apex on dec 2nd for a skin up grandfathers, coverage was not so hot. The peak had ~50cm of dense wind affected snow, some exposed areas were bare. Good for getting out and stretching the legs, otherwise don't bring your good sticks. The usually don't care about people skinning

Thanks for the heads up. Any other areas worth checking out nearby? Don't have a tonne of time, but don't want to just while away 4 hours or so. Or, if there is anything worth checking out that wouldn't involve the skis?
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

If your into biking your could check out the three blind mice area. Or rock climbing at the skaha bluffs. Couldn't offer any beta though.

If you don't have good tires, driving skills, or a vehicle capable of making it up to the gorge stay off the fucking road. If I got blocked from that 40cm of blowface by a bunch of newbs there would have been hell to pay. My powder anxiety disorder almost boiled to the surface when I saw two trucks blocking the road yesterday, good thing we got by.

Excellent skiing yesterday up there yeeeww!!! 2.5m at roughly 1800m.
    Last edited by el hefe; 12-05-2016 at 12:05 PM.

PM me for the radio codes.

Easy hefe. Soon enough the requirement of sleds will thin the herd.

Vibes to the skier down with a broken leg in kootaney pass... I hesitate to refer to the proximity of SAR as luck in this case ... But, dam. Thumbs up to the volunteers.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Easy hefe. Soon enough the requirement of sleds will thin the herd.

Vibes to the skier down with a broken leg in kootaney pass... I hesitate to refer to the proximity of SAR as luck in this case ... But, dam. Thumbs up to the volunteers.
    By that time it will be full on sled ski season and my skins will be left behind most days. So kind of a wash. Just stay off the road if you don't have a clue or a radio.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    ^^hellz yeah!!

baofang uv-5r $37.77 free ship on teh way
    Grinch, where did you order from. Amazon doesn't seem to sell the uv5r as a single unit in canada.