Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Sweet Hefe!

I am clearly winning the White Room Photo contest for 2016/17 ... thats a thing? You bet it is now.

You're going to need to go deeper than your nips next time Lamothe
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Great to transition straight from riding in the desert into powder skiing at Kootenay Pass this weekend. Pretty decent 150cm of coverage and boot deep easy-skiing powder above 1700m.

The Gorge skied nicely today and the snow has filled in well right down to the road. Saturday was really touchy and we pulled the plug early. Went back on Sunday to 17K and it was one of those days that got better as it went along. First lap was pretty good, but by the time we started our second lap, the snow had dried out and it was deep and blower. It was still touchy in steeper spots, but only the most recent storm snow was sliding and it was manageable. I'd stay away from any bigger lines for the next few days.

Are they logging up there/maintaining the road ?

Yep, lots of logging traffic Friday and road was plowed.

2016/2017 Southern Interior BC

Nice! Be great to avoid the bushwCk tabernac at the pass for a bit

Very touchy for us yesterday at the gorge. Skied the mini drainage above 14km. Upside down slabby cake snow. Great coverage though.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Great to see things shaping up so well there, and nice pictures Z! Looking forward to seeing more of what you guys get into up there this year. Wishing you guys the best ski season ever!
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Anyone know what the policy on camping at the top of kootenay pass is? Thinking about a quick weekend excursion in the camper.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Anyone know what the policy on camping at the top of kootenay pass is? Thinking about a quick weekend excursion in the camper.

There's a couple of rigs set up there right now. It's not a highly regulated or policed part of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post

There's a couple of rigs set up there right now. It's not a highly regulated or policed part of the world.
    That's exactly what I was hoping for

Yeah there's been one parked there since like Friday -- you can see it on the webcam getting buried in snow.

hey!

I saw that one when I drove by the other day. On Sat that lot was more full than I've ever seen it (tho I do avoid it on the weekends!). Sure it was a Saturday but also Nov. The WW parking lot has also been jam packed even with conditions being meh (crust, unconsolidated, and rain). Where are all these people coming from?!

Feels like we are at least 3 weeks behind down here, we have 0 snow on the ground... the temps have been warm so a high fl.

I drove down from Kelowna and my buddy from Calgary met me there and we skied with a couple locals Craig and Pierre on Grey Cup Sunday LOL! It actually was ok a bit crusty but good enough for the first time of the year. This is something that only happens once every 3 years, can't vouch for all the other people. Snow starved maybe?

Gorge has chilled out a bit but was still able to kick stuff off on the right features . Just sz 1 and very predictable. Fun skiing. Pretty busy at 14 k

Name:  1480566783997.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  105.5 KB
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post

Yup. Nothing but bugies in the Koots and Slocan.

Keep an eye on your shit, pass it around, and you'll be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Hey Lamonthe, how was the Gorge yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by sparkletarte. View Post

...... that lot was more full than I've ever seen it . Sure it was a Saturday but also Nov. ....... even with conditions being meh (crust, unconsolidated, and rain). Where are all these people coming from?!
    The Subaru Syndrome... Pretty sure its one of the heuristic traps.
    in that, If you can access the parking lot with a subaru, it leads the group to believe that this is the best early season ski spot, and that the there are Jong friendly terrain choices.

The syndrome is most prevalent in the early season...but not exclusive to it

...speaking of Subaru Syndrome... The gorge road is best navigated by keeping all 4 wheels on the road bed. Not sure if it was a subaru, or that 2WD Astro Van... or the Nissan Hatchback..... but fresh tracks are best had off piste vs off road.

Stay safe and gear down.

and speaking of the pass....

From the Ripple Ridge cabin fb: Heads up everyone! ALL backcountry users are being directed to park in the new parking lot on the East side of Bridal Lake. Anyone who has made a reservation lately should have a parking pass included on the bottom of the confirmation email from our booking system. This new parking area is intended to free up the area that is designated for commercial vehicles that are legally required to STOP and do a brake check before proceeding down the mountain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kqwgl6f.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	341.0 KB 
ID:	194064  

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Hey Lamonthe, how was the Gorge yesterday?
    Lol who knows !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1480721222916.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	194065
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

HAHAHA wow I thought it was a truck from your insta. Is that a yaris?

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    HAHAHA wow I thought it was a truck from your insta. Is that a yaris?
    Lol it's my friends matrix , he calls it the mountain matrix. Well, he used to .

Ah, Toyota Martix... I love it.

as the forestry guys say ... those crazy telemarkers.

shitty , bit of a distance for the vehicle hawks to travel.

picked up a new icom handheld when the frequencies were wide band. they changed the fsr's shortly after to close band and my handheld is useless. what a waste

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    shitty , bit of a distance for the vehicle hawks to travel.

picked up a new icom handheld when the frequencies were wide band. they changed the fsr's shortly after to close band and my handheld is useless. what a waste