Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Glacier Avy Bulletins now up! snow in town and some cold cold smoke at the pass. going to be a fun couple of days
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Kind of a jong question guys but I was planning on taking a trip west from Calgary in February and I was wondering what the skiing at Red Mountain is like? I am an intermediate skier who is trying to improve as quickly as possible to keep up with my girlfriend. We are looking for a good mix of terrain from trees to open bowls.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong thread, I wasn't sure if it would fit in here or the Canadian Rockies thread.

Red would work if you are in that area. Great terrain, lots of options. Take a look at Big White or Silverstar as well. Not the same vibe as the Kootneys, but good variety of terrain and speedier chairs. No better way train those legs then going bell to bell on the Gem chair...

I am sure someone around here would love to tire your girlfriend out, so you can keep up. Maggots got your back bro.

Silver Star has less bowl/tree skiing than Red or BW. Red is a sweet place, I wish I could spend more time there. I second Big White as an option (and you can fly direct to Kelowna..easy)
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Pass was skiing well. I didnt dig a pit but i watched parks dig a block and get rb5 down 40ish in the storm snow, thats almost as good as pit really. It's better cause I didn't have to dig it . Around 1950m NE ,facing
    Heading back tmrw because it was cold cold smoke. Acess is fine but egress this afternoon was pretty damn sporty with many mud and rock straight lines.
    Webisodes, Blogs, Words and Photos all right here-------->www.chasingsnowflakes.com

Big surprise it's skiing well today too!

Knee deep today allllllll the way to the creek.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1479426394442.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	144.2 KB 
ID:	192808

Second page and with these conditions! sheesh.

Here's two clips. I am off to Sol for 8 days now with a promising forecast too!

Snow forecast for the Big White opening this weekend is looking pretty great. Crossing my fingers that snow-forecast is right 5 days out for once.

Has anyone been out there the last week or so? How was coverage?

Coverage is phenomenal above about 1,800m. Below that, it ranges from sketchy to marginal to non-existent. The amount of alder showing up Connaught Creek today was second only to the number of skiers.

Was up at Monashee pow for the weekend, amazing skiing on Saturday, about 45-50cm of blower on top of a supportive crust. I would say the snow was about 120-140cm deep.

Will have some clips up later, pillow skiing is nuts up there early season.

Name:  15179017_10154704789057433_2559458523981162070_n.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  70.7 KB
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Yeew... fun weekend working our livers, brain cells, and legs over big time.

Nice shredding Heffe!

It won't work on my phone. Boo

Weird, its just a vimeo link

Nice work! Looking good up there. Chatted with Carolyn at costco, stocking up for that weekend... looks like you ate well, too.. ha.

Weird, worked on the ipad. Looking good

Yeah, always eat well up there. Dave is an amazing chef, such a good vibe, great staff all around. But there is minimal snow under 1800m, the road in was a little scary then bam, full on winter and amazing coverage.

I am disappointed that my 3 seconds of glory didn't make your edit.... Guess I gotta go harder.

Gorge today. Parked at 15, plowed past 17. Unpassable for the 2wd Nissan car stuck at 13. Most of the alders have been pushed down in the lower trees. 60-80cm in the alpine. Looks like a Christmas tree farm in spots formerly known as bowls. Skied better than expected, but that's not saying much. Mona Pow was much supreme. 4-5 other groups gettin sum marginal turns today too.

Big news is the Burner is open again. 8$ bacon cheese burger special.

It will turn up, don't worry bud.

How was the burger? Do they still have back hand of god on tap?

Tis not the burner burger of yore... Different patty recipe, But.. Mushroom sauté was tight. Well contained under a melted cheddar cap. Bacon was crisp. Lettuce, tomato, red onion, fresh, well appointed... Fries were on point, fryer oil is fresh.

No beer on tap! I say again, no beer on tap. They are looking to get partnership with a brewery apparently ... I guess they need all taps and associated keg accoutrements... They are (hopefully unsuccessfully) courting Bone brewing... Any one got the brewery hook up? Call these guys, and save us from taps of Bone.

Sunny day in the park.

Name:	DSC03775.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	193270

Name:	DSC03793.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	193276
    Drive slow, homie.

Z! Nice shots, can't beat bluebird up there.

Thing do not suck at sol .

Just relocated to Nelson and looking for some local mags to tour with! hit me up with a PM if your keen to get out. Anyone checked out Kootenay Pass yet?

A certain automated pillow tracker got 55cm in 24 hrs yesterday @ 1500m.

Here is a pic of cmcrawfo in his glory from last weekend cause he was butthurt.

Name:	IMG_20161124_202902.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	478.3 KB 
ID:	193464