New bike or new frame: WWMD?

So I just got a new set of carbon wheels for my Rocky Mtn Altitude, and now the frame shows up with three (3!!!) ugly dings in the carbon frame at the bottom bracket. The thing is a tank, even with carbon front triangle. 6" of travel and if I keep the rubber side down, I can ride almost anything.

I'm looking at a 2015 Santa Cruz Bronson frame on Pinkbike (too small for a guy), for $1300 plus shipping, and then I'd switch over most components and new wheels, although I will need an adapter as old Hope hubs are 142, new frame is Boost. There's an adapter for that, jeez: http://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/products/boostinator

My local bike mechanic, a riding buddy and excellent mechanic, thinks I should just sell the Altitude with the new wheels and pony up for a whole new ride. I don't think I could sell the Altitude for too much, with the frame dings, and there's big sticker shock for a whole new ride.

Whaddya think?

Here's a shot of the old ride- Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13584788_10209999373209740_1898318983812821546_o.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	292.0 KB 
ID:	187184

2015 Bronson is 12x142. Boost came on the 2016 Bronson (v2). Bronson v2 is a much improved bike from the original.

How bad is the frame damage to the RM? Maybe you can send out the frame for repairs if you still like the ride? Or is this a convenient opportunity to address something more/different you always wanted with your ride?

Also I don't think a buyer will appreciate the price diff of your nice wheels relative to similar component build bikes but with cheaper wheels. Unless you really want to go to boosted hubs and wide rims, it might even make sense to find a factory take-off pair of wheels or used steal and package the bike like that.

Personally I'd get the frame repaired and keep riding the RM until it blows up. New tech is changing so fast that you never know what will be the flavor of fancy 2 years from now.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

what do you like about the RM? what dont you like?

why do you want a new bike?

Ha. Mnt Lion asks why do I want a new bike? At least he didn't ask if I "need" a new bike.

Update from a weekend at the Wydaho Rendezvous bike fest. I DO want a new bike, but now I think I want a 27.5+, with a 1x that has a dinner plate on it. Light, fast, clean shifting- big tires to float over all the rocks.

Plus I was able to check in with the folks at the Rocky Mountain tent about the dings on my frame- they said to keep an eye on them but there's a ton of carbon at that spot on the frame to add torsional rigidity. So I am going to pass on the really good deal of the Bronson frame- Schralp is correct- no Boost hubs on it, and it is too much like the old Altitude. Gonna save my $ for a new bike next fall.

My very brief in-store experience with 27.5+ is that they have a HUGE tendency to not want to turn. The gyroscopic force is way higher than a 29er. The fact that it was an e-bike probably didn't help.
    Just get a 29er full suspension if you want something that can be light yet charge over rocks.
    I don't really understand fat tires AND suspension.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    My very brief in-store experience with 27.5+ is that they have a HUGE tendency to not want to turn. The gyroscopic force is way higher than a 29er. The fact that it was an e-bike probably didn't help.
    Just get a 29er full suspension if you want something that can be light yet charge over rocks.
    I don't really understand fat tires AND suspension.
    After demoing a number of bikes this weekend, plus and full figured, I'm pretty sure you can get a plus bike that'll corner just fine. Try a Mojo 3.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Ha. Mnt Lion asks why do I want a new bike? At least he didn't ask if I "need" a new bike.
    N+1

Update from a weekend at the Wydaho Rendezvous bike fest. I DO want a new bike, but now I think I want a 27.5+, with a 1x that has a dinner plate on it. Light, fast, clean shifting- big tires to float over all the rocks.
    in full suspension lots coming for 2017, most are very slack angles, and low BB (what the cool kids want) Rocky pipeline is a bit less slack, and have adjustable9 thingy Also ALL pipelines have the same standover height, so buy it based on TT lenght

Gonna save my $ for a new bike next fall.
    $6K CND for the fox/XT build pipeline, bit less for other brands I bet.

As Panchosdad sez above, the Mojo 3 was a big winner. The build can take it from 5-8+ USD. I do like the Ride9 thingy, and will take a look at the Pipeline. Local Giant rep was pushing the new ladies Pique as well. At least now I will take a year to do my research (riding more bikes, waaah)

Mnt lion- pop through this way if you need a waystation while fleeing snow.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    Also ALL pipelines have the same standover height, so buy it based on TT lenght
    All bikes should be bought based on TT length

HMS you have made a wise decision.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Flea View Post
    All bikes should be bought based on TT length
    yes, I 100% agree.

Reach is not top tube length.

Buying based on TT length, especially nowadays, is just bad advise.