Bali crackdown..

What do you hope is true?

Muslim religion is beyond f'd up.

Lame...Bintang's are great

less agro Aussies in the water = more waves for kooks like me and you. And yea it's great to head to Bali for a while, give up smoking weed and come home a drunk.

People in Bali are Hindu not Muslim, now Lombok that's a different ball game all together. Check it out during Ramadan

They literally read the Koran for like 19 hours a day

Yeah, this is going to bring Bali back to 1970 tourism wise best thing about that island is the partying. Balinese might be Hindu but many of the businesses are owned by Javanese money, many of the workers are from elsewhere in the archipeligo, and other than the money most everyone hates the shitshow its become.

the Gili's aren't Lombok and there are quieter, much quieter places to go than Gili T Going to Gili T for peace and quiet is like going to Bali and not expecting the waves to be packed with people from everywhere - many of whom are extraordinarily good surfers. It gets millions of tourists. it'll be packed until surfing falls off the map.

I will be curious to see if this goes through. Kuta and some other places are absolutely huge party areas full of drugs and drunken debauchery. This proposal would cut out lots of the people who just want to go there and party. I suggest reading Snowing in Bali to get some perspective, the island is absolutely swimming in cocaine. They will lose a ton of tourism if this passes. There are parts of indo where it is about nature but there are other areas where it is like vegas.

Personally I would not care. I would go to Bali to surf, I don't party much anymore. Even if I did still party I would not want to fly across the Pacific to surf with a hangover.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Yawn from senggigi.... beautiful morning. Bali will never be alcohol free. Way to much money involved for the local economy. Gotta laugh at some of the shit I just read above...bali is not a Muslim island. The Gili islands are not lombok. Even during Ramadan you do not hear the mosques in prayer for 19 hours a day.its the Quran not called koran... Gili t is a party island but only on the main street, go walk or ride around the island and you will find plenty of peace n quiet.... meno and air are the super chill honeymoon islands. Even if they do ban alcohol... you still won't catch waves at the more famous places unless you rip....maybe you american kooks can catch a few in kuta....

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Yeah, this is going to bring Bali back to 1970 tourism wise best thing about that island is the partying. Balinese might be Hindu but many of the businesses are owned by Javanese money, many of the workers are from elsewhere in the archipeligo, and other than the money most everyone hates the shitshow its become.

the Gili's aren't Lombok and there are quieter, much quieter places to go than Gili T Going to Gili T for peace and quiet is like going to Bali and not expecting the waves to be packed with people from everywhere - many of whom are extraordinarily good surfers. It gets millions of tourists. it'll be packed until surfing falls off the map.
    If you think the best thing about Bali is the Partying you must not have got many waves dundun?? If you want to get barreled at Padang-Padang as a fucking hoale (like me) it's best to be in the water before sunrise..... By the way were all really excited to hear how you bring 1 million page views a month to the TGR site????

Normally everyone's faces are melting on mushrooms or rolling on E on Gili T~ you don't go there to sleep. And you sure as shit don't go there not to do drugs and dance under fool moon.

But considering Laird and Kelly are free from booze, I think I will follow in their footsteps and chase waves instead

Quote Originally Posted by whitekingsalmon View Post
    Yawn from senggigi.... .
    dick...

Bule in indo....haole in hawaii.... get it right kook

and no one happened to go to the bottom to see it's a satirical piece.....including the homespun basement journalista media 310?

c'mon, really?

Quote Originally Posted by media310 View Post

People in Bali are Hindu not Muslim
    Did not know that. Thought all of Indo was primarily muslim. But it is that majority proposing this law apparently. So, I stand by my muslim statement.
    A bill to ban the sale, distribution and consumption of drinks containing more than one per cent of alcohol was introduced by two Islamicist parties, the United Development Party and the Prosperous Justice Party, and is being deliberated by Indonesia’s House of Representatives.
    If passed, the law would be the first of its kind in Muslim-majority Indonesia.
    http://www.news.com.au/travel/world-...16f9e6f1acb6ca

I doubt this will be any different than the Maldives... Tourism is a hell of a drug.

If I can’t spend my money getting maggot in Bali after a surf, I’ll just use it at a bottle-o after surfing the ol’ local,” said 29-year-old Bondi native Joel “Tingo” Taylor,
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    and no one happened to go to the bottom to see it's a satirical piece.....including the homespun basement journalista media 310?

c'mon, really?
    Classic.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

c'mon, really?
    I think that's a compliment! Cheers mate http://www.news.com.au/travel/world-...16f9e6f1acb6ca

besides Gili T you can go to Gili Air or Gili Meno, Gili Air was fairly chill and I understand Meno is downright dead so you can pick the degree of the drunken australian experiance you desire.

The day we left Gili Air there were about 100 armed police and troops in riot gear tearing down a block of waterfront businesses ... I wouldn't go near a reefer or fuck with the local popo

Upon arrival We sat jetlagged on the beach in Kuta drinking bintangs while watching the jets take off, I counted the jets taking off every 9 minutes which adds up to one fuck of alot of tourists, SO I can't see the gov killing the cash cow which is tourism

Had a great time in Bali its much more than watching my people buying shit/taking selfies and drunken auzy's ... get the fuck out of Kuta asap!
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

c'mon, really?
    It's not satire.

Well ok the article is written satirically, but it's a genuine proposal.

Never happen though, WAY too much money involved.

Would be nice if Trump built a wall around Kuta to keep the Aussie Bogans in though.

UAE and other rich muslim tourists leave at least fifty times as much money as any drunk aussie, i'm afraid (and Emirates are investing HEAVILY in Bali and Lombok). So it will be a change for less tourists and more money.

can't own property in Bali unless you hold an Indonesian passport
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkleberryFinn View Post
    It's not satire.

Well ok the article is written satirically, but it's a genuine proposal.

Never happen though, WAY too much money involved.

Would be nice if Trump built a wall around Kuta to keep the Aussie Bogans in though.
    I'm sure there are proposals afoot in the US to allow drone strikes on people in St. Louis breaking curfew. That would be a subject of explosive interest, quite literally. But if someone writes satirically about it, even though it'd likely not happen, it's still satire.

cost control

As long as the prices remain reasonable and the culture is preserved. On of the best things about Bali is how nice the locals are as long as you are not in Kuta.

c'mon, really?
    Hey, it worked to get a US prez elected..........................