Binding inserts in Voile skis(?)

Good day everybody,

I Spoke to Voile rep. today, about putting inserts in a Voile Charger ski.
    He recommended against this, because of 'mounting patches' in place where you typically mount the ski. (I've never heard of mounting patches before)

He mentioned the only time he's heard of pullouts in Voile ski, was due to use of binding inserts. Also mentioning installing such inserts would void the manufacturers warranty.

Has anyone used binding inserts in a voile ski? Or, heard of a pullout while using binding inserts?

I have inserts in several pairs of my skis, I ski them hard, and I've never had an issue. I say go for it. I can't say I've ever heard of it voiding the warranty, but on the other hand, they(manufacturers) will find anything they can to void liability these days. There is a wealth of info around here for doing your own inserts. Peruse tech talk and you'll find just about any answer you seek.

As for pulling out, always bro, always. You don't want unplanned kids. Trust me, I am one.

I have about 20 inserts in my Voile Vector BCs, no problem. I had about 15 in my old Voile Chargers, no problem.

My Charger BCs (3 seasons) & V8s (2 seasons) haven't had any hint of an issue with insert pullouts so far.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Yes! Thanks for you feedback. And also, being the first to highlight that double meaning.

Chiming in with inserted chargers and vectors, zero problems.
    Gravity always wins...

Thanks all. I am planning to put some inserts in my Chargers (BC... this change anything?) and am happy to know you've done it with success. Have any of you found any difference in ski performance (I kind of feel like how could you really?... Just askin).

Three seasons (~20 days total) on voile vector's with binding freedom inserts and no issues so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride_a_Yeti View Post
    Thanks all. I am planning to put some inserts in my Chargers (BC... this change anything?) and am happy to know you've done it with success. Have any of you found any difference in ski performance (I kind of feel like how could you really?... Just askin).
    I can't imagine you'd notice a ski performance difference....especially in powder.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Inserts make ANY ski mount more bomber. Always!
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Thanks all!