Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    Haha your old! Remember when it had trees and actual runs?
    Hey, it has run. Maybe only one, but it is a run.

My first day up at Marmot. 8 runs, 2 shy of my goal of 10. Just lost interest. Snow was pretty good with 7 cm on top of the only groomed run open. Upper looks good but the snow line is just a little to high to safely open anything. Alpine looks fairly caked for this time of year, as is the case for most of the surrounding area from Golden to Banff.
    Some more insight from my day. Caution! Generalizations abound in the next few statements! Don't get butt-hurt

Racers are annoying...Hey 100 pound kid! You boots are too stiff and it looks like you would not be able to change your turn radius quick enough to avoid me Don't worry I'm paying attention enough for both of us.
    Why don't race coaches wear helmets? One run, 100 sketchy people flying by while you stand in the middle of the run. Think they would want to wear one. (side note, I'm a racing fan and I love watching Downhill the best... Those men and women are amazing!)

Skiing without poles is still stupid. I love the phallic feel of my grips in my hands. (gotta open yourself up to some abuse. Have at it.)

Long tees over a cotton hoody are still a thing. You crazy kids looked really cold.

Just because you go the fastest, doesn't mean you are the best. Slow down and work on technique It will make you better...Its a long season.

Snowboarders are fun to watch when they are good. Love when you can't tell if they are regular or goofy. The rest of you slow the hell down! (old man yelling voice)

Following ski instructor dudes is fun and makes me want skis like they have. Then it snows and I forget all about "frontside carvers" This one guy was laying massive trenches. Beauty!

Its funny watching people "poach" closed runs with 16 cm's of snow. Thank you for body packing the runs.

Most importantly, skiing and snowboarding are super fun sports. Stop taking yourselves so seriously. Especially me with my "I'm old as fuck observations"

Hope it snows soon...I don't mind shitty snow as long as I can move freely and not feel like a rat in a cage.

Best post if the year ^

yes, too all that.

Come down to the lake for a day trip. I can help you with tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    yes, too all that.

Come down to the lake for a day trip. I can help you with tickets.
    Might be coming on the 16th of December. For sure will let you know.

Backside Rudi's skiing very well. I would advise skinning back up and heading out via the hill. The gully isn't that great although the ski out is fine.

Tuesday 29th at the canmore legion hall parks canada and some guide folk are putting on an avy safety talk. Can't say for sure the target demographic but beer will be served.
    https://m.evensi.ca/social-and-slide...ch-3/189649798

Hey I was curious if anyone had any gear I'm looking for.... Dynafit titan DIN soles, a burly AT binding and an avalanche beacon. Would be much appreciated. I live in Radium.

Pretty slim looking at Panorama. They really need some help from mother nature to actually open dec 9 imo. Might be 10 cms at the top of the mile one. Making snow on champagne.
    Across the valley is a totally different story. Really good coverage and the sled trail groomed to the parking lot.
    Biking in the valley has been superb.

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    Pretty slim looking at Panorama. They really need some help from mother nature to actually open dec 9 imo. Might be 10 cms at the top of the mile one. Making snow on champagne.
    Across the valley is a totally different story. Really good coverage and the sled trail groomed to the parking lot.

how much coverage does upper mnt have?

Ouch. Sounds rough. Was hoping they'd have some more snow up top.
    Thanks for the update.

how much coverage does upper mnt have?
    Not much better, might be 75cm. Storm moving in for the weekend may help out but imo it is the worst start of the season I've seen since moving here in 2004.

I have a couple pairs of Bro's for sale if anyone is looking. 179's mounted with Freerides and skins cut to fit and original 188 softs with Salomon 900 demos. Both are blems because I'm cheap like that. In Jasper.

Not much better, might be 75cm. Storm moving in for the weekend may help out but imo it is the worst start of the season I've seen since moving here in 2004.
    skibee and I have a rocky mountain passport, and a free night on dec15th. Looking forward to a day of hottubs, and a night of eating. We might even bring skis.

skibee and I have a rocky mountain passport, and a free night on dec15th. Looking forward to a day of hottubs, and a night of eating. We might even bring skis.
    You will ski anything and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    You will ski anything and you know it.
    yup

lake was skiing VERY well today, lodge was a zoo, but after you left that, it was ski on to the backside. 4cm overnight skied MUCH deeper.

Rope drop on WH1

lower paradise trees

across to ER5

more sun and snow and trees

Its SOOO busy

ER 2/3 shoulder

big 7 just opened too

Its SOOO busy
    Is this shot just from Paradise chair? Doesn't compute in my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Singel View Post
    Is this shot just from Paradise chair? Doesn't compute in my brain.
    yes, looking across to ER3 (no tracks/closed) near the top

Invermere backcountry is filling in nicely. Had knee deep laps al day yesterday.
    Mother nature is helping pano. Snowmaking has moved to lower mountain to get something open.
    Earl grey has added a new smoke house restaurant to ease the pain of conditions.

Earl grey has added a new smoke house restaurant to ease the pain of conditions.

too funny, that was our plan for the 15th

The snow is currently coming down in Crowsnest pass. Fernie is getting it and Castle is getting it too. If this keeps up, Christmas could be good this year.

The Lake skied well again today.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161204_130539r1.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	513.6 KB 
ID:	194261

Then the Flames kicked the Ducks ass all over the rink.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161204_214627r1.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	194262

Perfect day with the exception of peoples inability to drive on less than perfect roads.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Hardpack Rockies ski quiver