Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    Anyone loose this?

Name the location it's all yours. Less beer finders fee

^ Hilarious. I sold these to a guy in Banff in a couple years ago. I'll keep trying to track down his contact but no luck so far. I might have cleared my messages out.

SOLD

Hey, if anyone is looking for a sled, my bro Eldo is selling his and he has it fire sale priced. 2009 M1000 LE 162. Spring special edition with all Fox Floats and upgraded gauge. Also has Powder Pro skis, lightweight can and additional venting. Around 4000km great shape. He wants $2000.00 for it, or 2300 with a fitted cover, extra belt, manuals and a few other spare parts. I have the sled in Whistler at the moment but it will be traveling back to Calgary in April, or might be able to meet partway sooner. Contact him by PM.
    Last edited by eldereldo; 03-09-2017 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Hey, if anyone is looking for a sled, my bro Eldo is selling his and he has it fire sale priced. 2009 M1000 LE 162. Spring special edition with all Fox Floats and upgraded gauge. Also has Powder Pro skis, lightweight can and additional venting. Around 4000km great shape. He wants $2000.00 for it, or 2300 with a fitted cover, extra belt, manuals and a few other spare parts. I have the sled in Whistler at the moment but it will be traveling back to Calgary in April, or might be able to meet partway sooner. Contact him by PM.
    PM sent
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

west opened at SSV 12-1 today. No idea if its staying open/closed, but at least they tried.

I'm thinking of heading out to fernie tomorrow morning, will be solo...anyone wanna make a few runs? I should be there well before 9, usually head up timber first, but open to whatever.

special deal for maggots on this Rancilo Z11 project. $300 CND.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details....2-65f810ff6dd7

10cms today at the resort, 3 times that across the valley and the Skiing was very good. Glacier laps planned for tomorrow.

Castle was sublime yesterday.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Mrs Eastcoast and I are headed to Golden Sun-Wed and will be driving down 93. Anyone have tickets to Kicking Horse and/or Revy they would like to sell? Could pick them up on the way down Sunday afternoon. TIA

https://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/ab-70_metric_e.html

Hmmm. This could be an interesting weather occurrence.

Was at lake today, backside was 100% snow/winter.
    lower 1/3 of front was soggy

looks like SSV was +.5 to +1.5 but snowing thruout the day

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post
    10cms today at the resort, 3 times that across the valley and the Skiing was very good. Glacier laps planned for tomorrow.
    Looks like 25+ cm due this weekend. Last weekend was very nice, until the wet cement setup Sunday afternoon lower down.

Not sure if the really good skiing will be Saturday AM or Sunday, but I'll be out for both....
    Using Tapatalk

Skied Sunshine for the first time in 30 years yesterday. Had loads of fun. Place is way better than I remembered it when I was a kid. Mostly lapped Goats Eye. The chutes off of the boot pack are very cool. Slack country laps off of Wawa chair also. Got totally cliffed out on Side Door Cliffs (i think that's what it was called). What is with that magic carpet loading scenario on the Wawa chair.......epic gong shows were observed. On the other end of the lift spectrum, the Tee Pee chair with the heated seats and orange bubble covers.....a man could get used to that sort of thing.

Good snow, good times. Is everyone still pissed of at that place because of the patroller firings a while back. Do the 'serious skiers' of the area still prefer Louise? Didn't see many good skiers but it was a Tuesday. Lots of families. Overall, I think I actually got my moneys worth out of my $100 which really didn't think was going to be the case.

Right on AP! Only speaking for myself, I'm mostly over the ass hole Ness of SSV firing good men (time heals). I still detect a little LL preference in the local "advanced" ski community, but for good reason, the Lake has also opened up some additional rad terrain since parks wasn't doing all the avi control, and there is just more terrain there. SSV has added a lot of terrain too in the last 30 years. I'm still looking forward to skiing the dive with mtn lion. It was the "ultimate skiers test piece" when I was a hack gorb college boy in '79.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

20 cm on the ground in Jasper. Wish I didn't have to work.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Right on AP! Only speaking for myself, I'm mostly over the ass hole Ness of SSV firing good men (time heals). I still detect a little LL preference in the local "advanced" ski community, but for good reason, the Lake has also opened up some additional rad terrain since parks wasn't doing all the avi control, and there is just more terrain there. SSV has added a lot of terrain too in the last 30 years. I'm still looking forward to skiing the dive with mtn lion. It was the "ultimate skiers test piece" when I was a hack gorb college boy in '79.
    Was hoping to get into Delirium but that zone and Wild West were closed. Lovely looking terrain. Also did a 2 hour ticket at COP on Monday. That turned out to be exactly what i expected. Listened to the latest LPP episode with Logan Pelota and called it after an hour. Not all bad though. Did a bunch of high speed laps, got a bit of a work out.

both lake and SSV got 20+ overnight. good turns all around

SSV advanced skiers tend to be younger (25-45) and usually "hide" in the freeride zones, so are not seen on the rest of the hill much. They usually ALSO ski at the lake a bit and/or travel

LL advanced skiers are 35-60 and have skied at the lake for 20+ years, same laps, same gang, and are DAMN good as well, but stuck in thier ways. (paradise, summit laps ONLY) and dont change much. Usually have NOT skied at SSV in years, cuz "its all flat and sucks" and usually dont travel much for skiing.

Also no one cares much about the SSV/patrol stuff from 5+ years ago. Its in the courts, SSV laywers are dragging it out, and just about all the poeple involved have moved on to bigger and better things. (guiding in JP, Fortress, teaching CAA, paramedic, etc) A few people still bitch about it, but but they usuaully didn't (and still dont) ski SSV anyways. Lifts are still turning, snow is still falling, and some people everywhere hate their jobs, and have shitty bosses.

this is all just my $.02 worth. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    both lake and SSV got 20+ overnight. good turns all around

SSV advanced skiers tend to be younger (25-45) and usually "hide" in the freeride zones, so are not seen on the rest of the hill much. They usually ALSO ski at the lake a bit and/or travel

LL advanced skiers are 35-60 and have skied at the lake for 20+ years, same laps, same gang, and are DAMN good as well, but stuck in thier ways. (paradise, summit laps ONLY) and dont change much. Usually have NOT skied at SSV in years, cuz "its all flat and sucks" and usually dont travel much for skiing.

Also no one cares much about the SSV/patrol stuff from 5+ years ago. Its in the courts, SSV laywers are dragging it out, and just about all the poeple involved have moved on to bigger and better things. (guiding in JP, Fortress, teaching CAA, paramedic, etc) A few people still bitch about it, but but they usuaully didn't (and still dont) ski SSV anyways. Lifts are still turning, snow is still falling, and some people everywhere hate their jobs, and have shitty bosses.

this is all just my $.02 worth. YMMV
    I have a ski area bumper sticker collection on my truck. Only worthy ski areas are permitted. Shames, HBM, Kicking Horse and Mad River Glen are currently represented. Despite some preconceived notions it looks like the Sunshine sticker will be making it's way on the tail gate of my Tacoma. I didn't want to be a traitor to the ski community so I am glad to hear that bygones are bygones with regard to the patroller situation.

Funny story on the bumper sticker front. I try to go into the little shop at the bottom of the gondola at the end of the day to get said sticker only to discover it is closed. I walk into the adjacent rental shop. 4 young, disenchanted SSV employees are sitting there in silence. "The shop is closed???" I ask. "Yeah it closes at 4:30," buddy tells me. "That's too bad man, I was gonna buy a bumper sticker. I haven't skied Sunshine in 30 years and I had a F*CKING GREAT DAY!" I scream out in a loud, heavily intoxicated drawl. The 4 kids start laughing their asses off. One of them reaches under the counter and hands me a sticker. "Here you go buddy, glad you had fun!"

Thanks for my buddy Andre for showing me around BTW. Amazing what having a 30 year local show you around can do for your day.

Louise skied amazingly well today. Fresh down boomerang and surprisingly paradise to er5. Where the hell did all the people come from? Every second car was a rental. And yes the old boys LL crew was out shredding hard today! Easy 30 cm everywhere

Frozen mornings and slush afternoon time of year. Music festival this weekend should be the highlight, snow quality not so much.
    The majority of the vehicles in the parkades at pano are rentals this year

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Funny story on the bumper sticker front. I try to go into the little shop at the bottom of the gondola at the end of the day to get said sticker only to discover it is closed. I walk into the adjacent rental shop. 4 young, disenchanted SSV employees are sitting there in silence. "The shop is closed???" I ask. "Yeah it closes at 4:30," buddy tells me. "That's too bad man, I was gonna buy a bumper sticker. I haven't skied Sunshine in 30 years and I had a F*CKING GREAT DAY!" I scream out in a loud, heavily intoxicated drawl. The 4 kids start laughing their asses off. One of them reaches under the counter and hands me a sticker. "Here you go buddy, glad you had fun!"

Thanks for my buddy Andre for showing me around BTW. Amazing what having a 30 year local show you around can do for your day.
    glad you enjoyed.

Coming back to Banff to visit the family next weekend, only going to have one day to ski and I'm pushing for Lake Louise while the fam wants Sunshine. Always fun coming home... and yeah I'm one of those Summit/Paradise only dudes, love that terrain especially on a wind blown or spring day.

Yeah, considering louise patrol can get everything open and ssv gets 8 cm and "maybe" will get the drive open. Didn't get it open yesterday, glad the road closed at that's where we tried to go. I guess that's what happens when you lose your solid patrol/avy crew.

Quote Originally Posted by crashidy View Post
    Yeah, considering louise patrol can get everything open and ssv gets 8 cm and "maybe" will get the drive open. Didn't get it open yesterday, glad the road closed at that's where we tried to go. I guess that's what happens when you lose your solid patrol/avy crew.
    .......so bygones are not necessarily bygones......