Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    FWIW louise is doing awesome on the back

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    Not for a bit. 3rd or 10th depending on snow. Bringing a friend who doesn't "love" Sunshine but loves skiing in the Alpine. The Dive saved that hill for me so I'm pumped to show him around.
    nice option, let me know when you guys are around (and if you need a place to stay)

Hey Dave, et al,. Up for a few days with a crew , mixed abilities and no avy gear for most, so unfortunately the Dive is probably out . Given that limitation, is Louise or Sunshine a better option for tomorrow?

Louise

Been a while since I checked in. Hit the first big weekend at Pano three weekends ago now. Boot to knee deep all Sunday AM on frontside. Didn't even need to hike into Pano or work the ski out. A summit lap on Roy's Run, didn't cross any tracks. Summit tree run, same. Then Todd's Playground glade run down to De la Salle, which was choppy. Scooted over to Zerlander which had three sets of tracks on it. So did another Todd's to Zerlander. Still found untracked lines. Last run down Zone 2 to Dunes, not so much fun. By then it was 1230 and we had to pack for drive home. Best morning at Pano in several years.

Missed the following weekend and skied hard pack last weekend. Doing the snow dance for more.

My son had his on classs at U Leth cancelled on that Monday, so he drove over to Castle and got the meter of powder that day. The video he sent me is pretty awesome. Should have cut work.....
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Hey Dave, et al,. Up for a few days with a crew , mixed abilities and no avy gear for most, so unfortunately the Dive is probably out . Given that limitation, is Louise or Sunshine a better option for tomorrow?
    For a few days? check out both. and if people are tired and hungover do a afternoon at Norquay too.

if its sunny, go to SSV over LL, but I would suggest checking them both out for sure.

for LL: go to larch in the morning, for SSV go to goatseye in the morning. Less people overall

Unofficial networks is just tugging at your guys's chains, the story is from 2013

Quote Originally Posted by netter View Post
    Unofficial networks is just tugging at your guys's chains, the story is from 2013
    ah balls. I blame my cousin on social. I'll delete it

Will be heading through Banff on our way to a GAH hut in mid-March for a week of touring - so stoked.

Thinking of getting in some tours around Banff area...Any recommended single-day tours, or guidebooks or websites for the same??

Also, considering some drunken night-skiing at Norquay -- worth doing or nah?

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Will be heading through Banff on our way to a GAH hut in mid-March for a week of touring - so stoked.

Thinking of getting in some tours around Banff area...Any recommended single-day tours, or guidebooks or websites for the same??

Also, considering some drunken night-skiing at Norquay -- worth doing or nah?
    http://www.confessionsofaskibum.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfASkiBum/

please remember, that conditions are "spicy" right now, even from a banff standard.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    http://www.confessionsofaskibum.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfASkiBum/

please remember, that conditions are "spicy" right now, even from a banff standard.
    Thanks for the linky. I can't print the downloaded pdf, but I'll contact the publisher. Amazing that he offers it for free!

And thanks for the heads up on conditions.

Pano is...... Frozen.

Sunshine was epic the last 2 days, hit up the zones which nobody seemed to know about, or were too scared to venture into. Was thigh deep in spots...

I'll miss this place!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170224_115651.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	1,015.4 KB 
ID:	200919

Name:	20170224_121610.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	200920Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170224_151730.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	774.9 KB 
ID:	200921

Edit: Sorry about the last pic, uploaded from my phone and now i cant delete it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170224_163442.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	959.2 KB 
ID:	200918  

Just downloaded that guide, wish i had that yesterday as I only had a picture and satelite images to work on before that, north rib was a little too tight for my liking, not to mention being worried about getting cliffed out the entire time!

Right on, glad you had some good turns. I was back on nights and missed your reply there.

Sunday at Marmot was interesting... The drifts looked amazing after 6 cm of fresh and a little wind. Hard as sandstone. Sometimes you would break through but it was challenging skiing.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peak 2.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	779.3 KB 
ID:	201282
    Peak facing town

Name:	peak.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	759.2 KB 
ID:	201283

Peak facing Indian ridge

At the risk of sounding like a naive (US) American...ah fuck it, impossible to avoid that one: what's the deal with medical mj in Canada? Can my crew secure some of the good medicine in between Calgary and Golden? Does a prescription do any good, or do you need official CAN-govt approval? Happy to discuss via PM if you prefer.

I'll return the favor if yall ever make it to San Francisco or Tahoe.

Shouldn't your user name be 39.37 inches man?

You won't be able to legally buy it. If you don't act like yankee doodle dipshits someone in Golden will hook you up. Or kick your ass and steal your wallet...

Shouldn't your user name be 39.37 inches man?
    That's what she said.

.... If you don't act like yankee doodle dipshits ....
    Impossible.

Thanks for the advice.

That's what she said.

Impossible.

Thanks for the advice.
    Just skiing Golden? Or travelling around?
    Canadians talk a big game but generally if you aren't an ass people love showing off their local hills...And smoking your weed, and drinking your beer.

Just skiing Golden? Or travelling around?
    Canadians talk a big game but generally if you aren't an ass people love showing off their local hills...And smoking your weed, and drinking your beer.
    Heh. I bet!

Planning on a tour in Banff, a day or 2 at Kicking Horse, 7 days at Golden Alpine Holiday's Sunrise "hut", and maybe Norquay night skiing on our way back to Calgary. The childless folks in our crew are doing another week or more...I try not to inquire too much into their Powder Highway carefree nirvana so I don't FOMO myself.

Heh. I bet!

Planning on a tour in Banff, a day or 2 at Kicking Horse, 7 days at Golden Alpine Holiday's Sunrise "hut", and maybe Norquay night skiing on our way back to Calgary. The childless folks in our crew are doing another week or more...I try not to inquire too much into their Powder Highway carefree nirvana so I don't FOMO myself.
    Skip the night skiing at Norquay...Unless you love the park. If thats the case go ski Calgarys local hill with a wicked park

Skip the night skiing at Norquay...Unless you love the park. If thats the case go ski Calgarys local hill with a wicked park
    I hit the park like Hoji does. Just another place to throw corked 7s on my tech binders on my way through to the backcountrys.

We were just looking to squeeze a last bit of skiing in. Heli out from Sunrise midday Saturday, but don't fly out of Calgary until Sunday midday. Figured Banff was a good stopping place on the way back...and that we'd probably enjoy sitting on chairlifts after 9 days touring in a row.

snowfall warning in effect for banff area. Too bad its on a weekend