Page 80 of 82 FirstFirst ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2038

Thread: NFL 2016/2017

haha go philly!

QB Foles returning to Eagles on two-year deal http://es.pn/2nlkLqV
    via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

and so, the Chase Daniel Era in Philly comes to a sad close.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The Patriots, current holders of the Lombardi Trophy*, are "most improved" AFC team. https://syndication.bleacherreport.c..._on_error=true

The offense is better, defense is better, the only remaining questions for their 2017 bid to win Tom Brady's 6th championship are; will Malcolm Butler return or be traded and will Jimmy G be traded?

Before these improvements their odds for a 2017 championship were 5-1. All this despite the league trying to sabotage the team.

Suck it haters.

*Soon to be renamed the Bellichick Trophy.

Owners approve Raiders to Vegas.

Except the Raiders managed to upset the guy who helped them secure 650MM for the stadium.

Then they said no biggie I'll get Goldman Sachs to do it. Except the guy they pissed off told GS to tell the Raiders to go fuck themselves. So they did.

And now they will be playing in Oakland until at least 2019.

This is how you do all this isn't it?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Except the Raiders managed to upset the guy who helped them secure 650MM for the stadium....
    To be fair though, that dude (Adelson) tried to drive way too hard a bargain for that particular team. Majority ownership? From a Davis family team? Yeah not likely.

Happy 3-28 day!!!

Patriots 3
    Falcons 28
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Happy 3-28 day!!!

Patriots 3
    Falcons 28
    It all gets better from here on out.

That reminds me of Cav fans with their 3-1 shit. It may be worse to lose after being up, but not much. I mean, isn't it nearly as bad that the Patriot's sucked ass for two and half quarters in the biggest game of the year? Supposedly the greatest QB and coach ever and they score 3 points for nearly 2/3 of a game? A great comeback is nice, but let's not forget that they sucked for more of that game then they were good.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    It may be worse to lose after being up, but not much. I mean, isn't it nearly as bad that the Patriot's sucked ass for two and half quarters in the biggest game of the year?
    Nope, not even close.
    Decisions Decisions

So the two supposed GOATS, with two weeks to prepare, just needed two and half more quarters to figure out the Falcons. Got it!

and then 1.5 quarters to execute.

A win is a win (x5) and that's all that matters. Do they get extra points for beating the Rams in 2002? No. There are no style points, there are only wins and losses.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    So the two supposed GOATS, with two weeks to prepare, just needed two and half more quarters to figure out the Falcons. Got it!
    From my experience, we had a great HS football team - typically undefeated going deep into state playoffs (5 rounds). Our second game one year we played like shit, were down by 14 at one point, came back and win last minute. Our coach, who could have been the character in John Grishams "Bleachers", lost his shit yelling at us and how shitty we played. At the Saturday morning practice we did 125 burpees. With puke literally all over the field I asked an assistant coach what the point of winning was if we had to go through that afterward? His response was, "well imagine how bad it would have been if you lost." So I'd say yes, it sucks to have to come back and win as opposed to dominating all game. But it is far worse if you lose.

It is the NFL Superbowl, the championship of a hyper competitive league of super freak athletes. These were the two best teams in that league. There is no shame in losing to or falling behind the other.

I believe in Mark Davis' presser about move, he gave thanks to Alderson so don't know if a jab or Alderson did end up helping out. Haven't paid that close attention to details. However I did read that a brothel wants to set up shop for games so there is that.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    .... There is no shame in losing to or falling behind the other.
    I agree, that's my point. I guess the real shame is in gloating.

Chris Long to the Iggles in two yr deal.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

From my experience, we had a great HS football team - typically undefeated going deep into state playoffs (5 rounds). Our second game one year we played like shit, were down by 14 at one point, came back and win last minute.
    Sorta similar story: Senior year our team kicked ass, probably the best team in the history of the school, certainly the most successful. At the end of the season Cal-Hi Sports voted us #1 in our division state-wide (at the time it was NSCIF Div. III, I don't know if they've reshuffled the divisions since then). 2nd to last game of the regular season we were playing a strong opponent for the league title. We were ranked 4th in state, they were ranked 6th. Both teams were undefeated in league play, they were undefeated overall and we had one non-league loss (by 1 point to a much larger school), so both teams had something to prove. We couldn't get anything going in the first half and went to the locker room down 13-8. They scored on us again early in the 3rd and with 8 minutes to go in the 3rd (HS quarters are 12 minutes) we were down 21-8. We ended up winning 45-21. We played them again in the section title game several weeks later and beat them 27-0.

The point: Football can be a mercurial sport and sometimes things just aren't clicking, until suddenly they are.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 03-28-2017 at 02:16 PM.

From my experience, we had a great HS football team - typically undefeated going deep into state playoffs (5 rounds). Our second game one year we played like shit, were down by 14 at one point, came back and win last minute. Our coach, who could have been the character in John Grishams "Bleachers", lost his shit yelling at us and how shitty we played. At the Saturday morning practice we did 125 burpees. With puke literally all over the field I asked an assistant coach what the point of winning was if we had to go through that afterward? His response was, "well imagine how bad it would have been if you lost."
    Well if you had lost the season would be over so you'd just be chilling somewhere. There's a lesson in that.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Well if you had lost the season would be over so you'd just be chilling somewhere. There's a lesson in that.
    It was our second game of the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    I'm still kinda interested in this train wreck
    Rumor has it he met with the Ain'ts at the SB and his Instagram feed is all family pics.

In related news Josh Gordon is still out of football.
    I still call it The Jake.

It was our second game of the regular season.
    Ah. I thought you were talking about the playoffs obviously.

My HS team lost one game in two years, by one point, when after a very late touchdown the point-after hit the upright, fell down, hit the crossbar, and bounced forward, so it didn't count. Man did we pay in the next practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    Yes! Exactly what I was thinking.
    focus.

Great, now I'm watching Napoleon Dynamite the rest of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    Great, now I'm watching Napoleon Dynamite the rest of the day.
    You're welcome!!