Any CBers wanna house swap in Durango this weekend (aka where to camp?)

Any Crested Butte locals want to house-swap this weekend? We have a 4br house in Durango with a hot tub, patio and two blocks from killer singletrack. Plus, the high country is perfect right now. Also, the river is at a really nice flow and you can borrow our paddleboards.

Aside from that long-shot...we are coming to CB but won't get into town until Friday evening. SUV pulling a janky pop-up, so limited to half-decent roads. Concerned about finding a decent camp that late. Anyone share some wisdom on where to head? If anyone wants to go set down a chair and a crappy cooler or something to save us a spot there's a sixer of heady IPA for ya (or whatever else you're into!).

Thanks!!!

We rolled in late on a Friday a few weeks ago and found a roadside spot on Cement creek, it sucks driving around after dark looking for a site though. Especially towing a camper.

I guess Gothic rd camping is closed outside of the campsite. You might be able to reserve a site on Irwin Lake CG and take the back way up over Kebler. There are unimproved sites right across the road from Irwin too but they will probably fill up fast.

There are also some CG's up 742 out of Almont that might be reservable too.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    There are also some CG's up 742 out of Almont that might be reservable too.
    yeah, pulling a trailer, Taylor Park area would be my first thought, but I'm no CB expert.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

You could try the RV park if you don't mind paying.

Best bets might be Brush and Cement creek. I'm sure Slate will be packed. Getting on the maze of roads on Kebler might be another good choice. Or just camp somewhere along the way on Friday, maybe Hartmans, then pack up and find a good spot in the daylight after riding on Sat.

Thanks all. Sitting in my office and stressed about it. Not getting to town until 7ish.

Hoping some nice folks will let us pop up our camper in their yard until Sunday when the masses leave. We are there until Wednesday. Family of 4 and quiet folks. Dog. All chill.

Beers or greens on me!

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Or just camp somewhere along the way on Friday, maybe Hartmans, then pack up and find a good spot in the daylight after riding on Sat.
    My wife is hiking to aspen with some ladies Saturday early morning so that's not an option. That was the original plan!

Aha Tech Tonics- same msg just popped up on my Facebook feed so now I know who you are! Ahoy from Teton Valley and the old days in Avalanche Forecasting!

But I don't know nothing about Crested Butte. Have a great weekend.

Hey, 'salsa! Yeah I figured out who you are a few years ago. I think somehow related to TAR or something.

Had a great trip to CB. Friends scored a sweet camp up in Slate Creek. Got our car broken into by a bear but otherwise; good times.

If any CBers would be interested in a future house swap, lemme know.