Peter Sagan at Targhee - was anyone here there?

upallnight was

On the podium with him too.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

No, but yesterday I talked to a friend who was. He said Sagan rented a house next door and was really chill to talk to.

Wife was recently giving me shit about my man crush on Sagan. Can't wait to see what he brings on the mtb, and stories like this one definitely make me smile..

21 minute gap over 31 miles is fucking insane.

Crazy. He had enough time to eat, shower and put down a few beers before 2nd place rolled across the finish line.

The same friend told me that after the race, Sagan ripped 3 laps on Rock Garden, riding his XC race bike. And said he tripled some of the jumps. I've only ridden that trail a couple of times, and don't remember the jumps that well, but damn. He also said Sagan manualed all the way back to his car.

I assume UpAllNight, is the one who listed his affiliations as "POWPOW and GNAR GNAR. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    The same friend told me that after the race, Sagan ripped 3 laps on Rock Garden, riding his XC race bike. And said he tripled some of the jumps. I've only ridden that trail a couple of times, and don't remember the jumps that well, but damn. He also said Sagan manualed all the way back to his car.
    Kill a bear and build a bridge too?

Let's not forget this is the man who did this:
    http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/...tribute_391981

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Can't wait to see what he brings on the mtb...
    this
    'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    21 minute gap over 31 miles is fucking insane.
    So mental.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Garbage fire effecting the MTB course. Rock on Rio!

https://www.follownews.com/winds-cau...g-course-1ph50

He only had 1:25 on me. Couple tweaks to my training schedule and I'm right there.

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    He only had 1:25 on me. Couple tweaks to my training schedule and I'm right there.
    hell yeah!!! You can trim a second and a half off!

oh, wait...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    Heh, reminds me of when I ran the Speedgoat 50k a few years back. I had the best run of my life, felt great, crushed my goal time and finished in 8:01...the winner finished in 5:43.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    Bill Brasky used to clear those jumps going uphill, in pajamas, with a glass of scotch in his hand, and never spilled a drop!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Heh, reminds me of when I ran the Speedgoat 50k a few years back. I had the best run of my life, felt great, crushed my goal time and finished in 8:01...the winner finished in 5:43.
    Exactly. I had one mechanical, but other than that I felt great and finished strong. Hard to comprehend that speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Bill Brasky used to clear those jumps going uphill, in pajamas, with a glass of scotch in his hand, and never spilled a drop!
    Me too! :-)

I was in pajamas because I was sleeping though. A guy can dream...