Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    MC has been dropping heavy hints on their Instagram feed this morning. Still nothing on the details though.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Link? Nothing on website.
    Confirmed via MCP facebook - http://unofficialnetworks.com/2016/0...s-and-counting

Stoked to have those two join the fold!

Awesome. Benny is doing a long road trip next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post
    Makes me nostalgic for the old days when WB was owned by small time "mom and pop" operations like Intrawest and Fortress Investments...
    I rode the lift with an old guy, season pass #00001, told me stories of them hiking up to peak chair area, drink wine and bang their lady friends and then ski down. Forgot his name but he was one of the O.G whistler dudes.

Oooff the addition of Telluride makes the MC more compelling for me. I can't do it this year though. Or can I?

probably no more lot camping
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    told me stories of them hiking up to peak chair area, drink wine and bang their lady friends and then ski down.
    Still seems like there's plenty of opportunities to drink wine and get banged atop the mountain
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    Still seems like there's plenty of opportunities to drink wine and get banged atop the mountain
    I'm a married man but appreciate the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by media310 View Post

ya'll really surprised that Vail bought Whistler??
    I watched that show...once...I threw up in my mouth...

I hope Lynsey got paid well. That's some prime horseshit TV.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    Talk about short term memory. I think you have JMA and POWDR Corp. mixed up. JMA invented money holds, and shortened the season at Alpine way more than KSL, without the excuse of there being no snow. And you think the village development idea is bad (it is) imagine what Vail would do with their deeper pockets. That parcel in the valley the Poulsens have for sale, plus whatever else they could deal their way into, would be fair game for development, and it gets done fast. Vail is the original ski town destroyer, it's what KSL aspires to be, but they are a lot better at it. I lived Breckenridge when Vail took over, one of the reasons I moved to Tahoe. Ask some Kirkwood peeps how they are liking it.
    Having skied AM under all three of the last ownerships, KSL is far and away the worst. They truly make me wish for Powdr corp and the dwarf Matt Jenny back in control. God, I disliked that guy. As for KSL and Squaw, I don't think they are in this for the long run and full expect them to sell out at some point.

I wouldn't think Whistler will change much in the near term, long term it is going to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyPilot View Post
    Having skied AM under all three of the last ownerships, KSL is far and away the worst.
    Exactly. Mmm...pow! is literally the only person I've heard argue otherwise. Anyway, we'll see how tomorrow's hearing goes - if the project gets denied maybe KSL will cut bait. Vail wouldn't be allowed to buy Squaw anyway for the same reason they couldn't take a controlling share of A-Basin. I wouldn't be surprised to see JMA buy it back since their west shore / homewood village isn't going as planned (and they still own a minority share of Alpine I believe). Squaw + Alpine + Homewood on a pass would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Driver View Post
    Yep, if Kirkwood is any indication that about sums it up. Don't forget speed checks while traveling speeds too slow to carve a ski. But hey, ski patrol may get some new jackets
    And a new cat shed.

I'd expect WB to become less fun, especially for the locals. Plan on more signs. KW had 265 added a few summers ago. Mostly prohibition, but some to trail guide.

Maybe just think of it as the soul being ripped out and plowed into a snowbank.

Vail Buys Whistler

They added a pseudo gate system at KW that has almost everyone confused. I've spoken with ops, patrol, expedition and lifts. All have different and incomplete answers.

Vail will come in, and make changes that just confuse issues. That is what they do. Great for their customer base. Bad for skiers.

And speed bumps. Did I mention speed bumps?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Vail wouldn't be allowed to buy Squaw anyway for the same reason they couldn't take a controlling share of A-Basin. .
    Federal Anti Trust?

^^ Something like that, yeah. I'm sure a CO local could provide more insight to what happened with A-Basin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    They added a pseudo gate system at KW that has almost everyone confused. I've spoken with ops, patrol, expedition and lifts. All have different and incomplete answers.
    What do you mean? The hand scanners or the epic chip tracking gates?

Vail Buys Whistler

Exit gates. Really just signs. But I was told there are official gate.

They have 5 exit points on the mountain. One is atop glove rock, which it technically inbounds. They can post no uphill hiking, so you can't reach the boundary sign, and exit. There lacks any sort of well roped off area, or posting of the policy.

It was before an open or closed boundary w/o ropes, but decent signs. Unless you are UCL in a white out. At the top of 6,10 and 4 there was a sign allowing Access or No Access. You could come and go from anywhere.

I don't think you can leave from the top of 10 anymore. Not sure on that.

Anyway, I imagine it lowers liability if no one really knows the policy.

Locals secret. If you sit at the base and walk by those epic gates you really rack up some serious vert.

^^ Ah, okay... I get it now. I thought you were talking basic bottom of the mountain stuff. And yeah, in general this year was kind of a shit show in terms of access clarity.

VR just announced that Epic & Epic Local Pass holders get 5 days at WB this season.....

http://www.snow.com/epic-pass/resort...blackcomb.aspx
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    VR just announced that Epic & Epic Local Pass holders get 5 days at WB this season.....

http://www.snow.com/epic-pass/resort...blackcomb.aspx
    Just sell me a reasonably-priced Epic Bike Park pass, you Brookfield-based corporate goons!

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    I watched that show...once...I threw up in my mouth...
    yeah it was unwatchable

Just booked our flights.
    Anybody got recs for lodging? Wife and I don't get too many weekends away together--leaving the kids home for this one. Looking at crystal lodge and Nita lake so far. Would rather not drive at all once there, so maybe not Nita. Crystal looks decent and I can get a night free. Thoughts in that price range?

Crystal is nice. Aava and Summit are nice too

Delta is decent and good location as well. Stuff on the Benchlands (Aspen, Cham) have awesome location for ski in and out, no idea on price.

Thanks--looks like we're going w aava