Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    Helena, Missoula, b-root, then keeping going into ID might not be a bad route and would put you on the way to ut. Salmon is supposed to have good riding.

yup, thinking this might be my route.

You could go to Butte also, might be worth a day of riding on the continental divide trail and also a pork chop sandwich. I've ridden there twice, but wasn't having very much fun by the time I got to the cdt.

Because you didn't go to the Front St. Market.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

so looks like the plan is leave banff Sept 23 (friday) and ride Helena for a few days using the free shuttle (now running weekends only)
    Then into bozeman for a few days. I loved bangtail, and will ride it again, Anyone know what the rides are actually like on the west side of the bridgers? "bridger foothills trail" ? doable as an out and back?

Then a day off to drive to Sunvalley, and ride then for a few days. Looks like some new (at least to me) fun/long stuff in that area, and a shuttle avail to Baker lake to help with at least starting way back.

I need to be back in banff on Oct 6 pm to sell stuff at the local ski swaps....

If anyone wants to offer ride suggestions, good food options, or anything else, please feel free to add to this thread, or PM me.

Just a heads up. It's supposed to to get pretty wintery in the mountains of Montana this week.
    It will probably get warm again before winter really sets in, but, ya know, bring a jacket.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Just a heads up. It's supposed to to get pretty wintery in the mountains of Montana this week.
    It will probably get warm again before winter really sets in, but, ya know, bring a jacket.

maybe a hat too.

trips in 2 weeks, with the backup plan being Moab or Hurricane