FS: Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 L IS USM

Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 L IS USM plus Pearstone Onyx Case, Hoya HMC Super 67mm UV(o) Multi-Coated Filter and Hoya Pro L Circular PL 67mm Filter- $800 Shipped to CONTUS plus PayPal fee unless gift - SOLD
    Last edited by Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer; 08-27-2016 at 11:32 AM.

Updated prices thanks to some input/guidance. I revised the original post to avoid confusion, but here are the revised prices:

$275 shipped for the Nifty Fifty Package

$900 shipped for the 70-300 L Package.

I think these are likely more realistic. These lenses are mint/like new, so someone has to put them to work!

FS: Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 L IS USM

Edit: Lowered prices:

$250 shipped for the Nifty Fifty Package

$850 shipped for the 70-300 L Package.
    Last edited by Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer; 08-08-2016 at 09:38 PM.

Bump.

I dunno dude. I've used the 50 1.8 a lot with my guys for portraits. What would you use instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

My EFS 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM zoom lens that is always on my camera or my iPhone. Both serve my purposes well at this point and I have found them fast enough for what I am looking for.

Gotcha.

Heh. I'm going to buy that same lens at some point in the next year or so, so maybe my opinion will change too. I'm still kinda doubtful though... the indoor candid shots of them playing with blocks and whatnot are just *so* sharp at like F2-2.8. We'll see.
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

To be clear, the 15-85 is no where as fast or sharp as the Nifty Fifty for indoor candid shots of kids. Not even in the same league. The 15-85 is a great, sharp walking around lens.

I'm glad you posted about this as I have reverse my mind and am going to hang on to the Nifty Fifty. Once my boys become more mobile, I suspect I will then want the quickness indoors! Talk about a flip flop. Glad no one wanted this!

Definitely don't need the huge telephone lens so that is still available.

^^^ Hahah! (I hear you on the tele lens. I'd love to have one, but it's very low on the list because I feel like the only time I would use it would be like on a Yellowstone trip. Move it back on the list in 15 years when the kids are getting fast/good at soccer or hockey or whatever.)

That 70-300mm L lens is a killer.... so fast and sharp. I took some awesome shots with it last summer.

Edit: $800 shipped for 70-300 (plus PayPal fee unless gift). This lens is mint.

I have the 50 1.4 and it is awesome. I had a 50 1.8 and no comparison can be made imo.

I wish I had an extra $800 laying around for the 70-300.

I keep reopening this thread. I need a telephoto and almost had a drainpipe for cheap but it didn't survive shipping and nobody can fix it. I keep looking at 70-200 2.8's and keep asking if I really need that much aperture. Mostly looking to get a big zoom for the start of my kid's soccer season.

Caveman, you pass through SF during the week? I'm in Davis, work in the city.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    I keep reopening this thread. I need a telephoto and almost had a drainpipe for cheap but it didn't survive shipping and nobody can fix it. I keep looking at 70-200 2.8's and keep asking if I really need that much aperture. Mostly looking to get a big zoom for the start of my kid's soccer season.
    For likely well lit outdoor soccer games that 70-300 should work great. I went with the 70-200 2.8 so that I could photograph poorly lit activities like school concerts and ballet recitals.
    The one thing the 2.8 aperture will get you for photographing soccer is you can run a faster shutter speed on lower light cloudy days to capture fast action. But since you are in N Cal, I would think that you would have plenty of light most of the time.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

I take soccer pics with F4 70-200 and even in low light outdoors it is plenty fast. The 200 is as much as I feel I ever need for soccer even on a full frame. The 70-300 would be much better for taking wildlife shots that I can't get close enough to @ 200 with a full frame.

Great, now buy my 12-24 so I can get some funds for this!
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Great, now buy my 12-24 so I can get some funds for this!
    I already have a Tokina 11-20 2.8
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    I have the 50 1.4 and it is awesome. I had a 50 1.8 and no comparison can be made imo.

I wish I had an extra $800 laying around for the 70-300.
    Yeah, I'm really glad I ended up keeping the 50 1.4. It is growing on me and I am using it more around the house with my boys. So fast.

Caveman, you pass through SF during the week? I'm in Davis, work in the city.
    Not regularly but I can easily get up there to hand off the lens if you want it. I'm down in MV so can get up there easily.

Update: 70-300 is sold. Thanks.