Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    Nobody has mentioned the farmers daughters aspect of the farms
    Just down the road from here...

Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

this isnt going to be a traditional farm with some old head farmer ; the boss will be a telegram from the farm consulate in iowa. they will guide the regional farms and set quotas for production.

any citizen attempting to subvert or avoid farm labor will be recycled and planted for nutrients

this is a return to agrarian life because of greed

your fancy sound system and hitech liquid crystal display isnt going to be of any value when the power grid fails, not to mention complete lack of content available

perhaps to earn extra beans i will trade weapons on the underground, simple blade type weapons and maybe some dart guns
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Maybe learn to craft slingshots from old car parts and tires, there should be plenty of those lying around for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    Nobody has mentioned the farmers daughters aspect of the farms
    Not that DD would get lucky with any of them anyways.

so we're talking.........

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    this isnt going to be a traditional farm with some old head farmer ; the boss will be a telegram from the farm consulate in iowa. they will guide the regional farms and set quotas for production.

any citizen attempting to subvert or avoid farm labor will be recycled and planted for nutrients

this is a return to agrarian life because of greed

your fancy sound system and hitech liquid crystal display isnt going to be of any value when the power grid fails, not to mention complete lack of content available

perhaps to earn extra beans i will trade weapons on the underground, simple blade type weapons and maybe some dart guns
    DD you have vision.

All I'll need is a hoe, and the ability to tap into the collective wisdom of the PR.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

if it isnt one thing, its the god damn other
    Zone Controller

Dd is the future farm boss more HAL or more WOPR? Cause I know how to beat WOPR
    I still call it The Jake.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    brah you don't even grow
    bro

for you i fear a prevention of donutlickers enforcement gig
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I'm not certain plants will be grown, other than weeds

Your job class will likely fall under insect husbandry. Mass producing maggots and crickets, stinking like shit.

Some people will be relegated to collecting the actual insect shit.

I think the farm boss will just be some fat Nazi goon type. A hardened bootlicker. .

If they have computers, which I doubt, we will get to play only dreadful atari games for entertainment. Definitely no web based comms
    Zone Controller

Aghhh I'm gonna hate the farm

I have no farming skills or knowledge. I'm fucked, we all fucked when Donny take a power.

We will be reduced to an agrarian economy. People like beer drinker will have power on the farm since he plays with plants already. He'll be sleeping in some dumb German car, and we will be sleeping in slums
    Don't worry dd, your kind won't go to the farm. The sheep would be way too nervous.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i'd pm blurred
    the freedom fries will need frying
    http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/0...ext-september/
    invest in faygo
    bro
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    i'd pm blurred
    invest in faygo
    bro
    So we know what blurred and Rontele will be doing in the New Order
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

we will be running chinese machines, no frills

the shovels will be shitty and the ditches lack luster
    There's two kinds of people: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.
    CE
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

A hint of dd's future

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Next time you come to Seatown:

Tractor

That's definitly my favorite Tractor. Spent many hours playing music, listening to music, drinking beer and smoking out the back porch back when it was The New Melody and then the Tractor.
    In drove this drunken madman and stopped on a dime! Unfortunately the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket!

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    i'd pm blurred
    invest in faygo
    bro
    Fried foods are the food of the gods. No purer symbol of which is the humble pomme de terre cooked up as a french fry or tater tot, then liberally sprinkled with sodium chloride and dipped into a macerated mix of tomatoes, vinegar, high fructose corn syrup and spices. You can have your tasteless, watery fresh vegetables and flowers stuffed with animal proteins.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I'm not certain plants will be grown, other than weeds

Your job class will likely fall under insect husbandry. Mass producing maggots and crickets, stinking like shit.

Some people will be relegated to collecting the actual insect shit.

Hmmmm, he may be on to something:

Drink up: Cockroach milk is the protein drink you didn't know you've been missing

(CNN)A little cockroach milk with those cookies? Chock full of protein, the insect milk may someday be transformed into a food supplement worthy of human consumption, new research indicates.

Scientists have found that the Pacific Beetle Cockroach feeds its bug babies a formula which is remarkably rich in protein, fat and sugar.

Don't expect to find it next to the regular milk in the dairy section, however, at least not for now.

"Any liquid harvested from a cockroach is not true milk. At least not as we think of it," said Becky Facer, director of school and educator programs at Fernbank Museum of Natural History in Atlanta.

Most people would agree. After all, the insect liquid takes the form of protein crystals in the guts of baby cockroaches.

"The protein crystals are milk for the cockroach infant. It is important for its growth and development," said Leonard Chavas, one of the scientists behind the research. He explained the crystals have a whopping three times the energy of an equivalent mass of buffalo milk, about four times the equivalent of cow's milk.

"The interest here was, what is it really made of?" said Chavas, one of the authors of the research, published in July in the journal International Union of Crystallography.

Chavas and his colleagues examined the species, also known as Diploptera punctata, which is the only species of cockroach known to be viviparous -- able to bring forth live babies that have developed within the mother's body, instead of the mother laying eggs to develop outside her body.

Like other viviparous creatures, this species of roach nourishes its growing embryos with a protein-rich liquid secreted by its brood sac -- the roach version of a uterus.

Soon after the embryo ingests the liquid, protein crystals develop within its midgut. Chavas and his colleagues extracted one of these crystals to learn more about it and its potential nutrition. Following tests and even genome sequencing, they discovered it was a complete food.

"It is what one would need: protein, essential amino acids, lipids and sugars," Chavas said, explaining that the energy content is so high that it helps infants within this unique species grow much bigger than cockroach babies of other species.

Though the crystal formation may seem surprising, other crystals, including insulin, take shape within the body for easier bodily storage -- and it could have potential for human consumption, the research suggests.

So, how do you milk a cockroach?

The crystals are currently extracted from the midgut of cockroach embryos -- perhaps not the most efficient way of feeding a growing world population.

Ultimately, however, Chavas and his team are hoping to reverse bioengineer cockroach milk, but first they need to understand the exact biological and chemical mechanisms underlying the process.

"For now, we are trying to understand how to control this phenomena in a much easier way, to bring it to mass production," Chavas said.

Having lost a drinking game with his colleagues, Chavas tasted the cockroach milk once. "No particular taste," he commented, though the idea of ice cream appeals to him. He imagines "a flavor with honey and crispy pieces."
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Why don't we just eat the cockroach? Preferably deep fried.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Holy shit DD, you were right. Good luck on the farm!

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/29/venez...rm-sector.html
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    I ate giant fried ants in Columbia. Tasted kinda like peanuts.

'Hormigas Culonas'

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Holy shit DD, you were right. Good luck on the farm!

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/29/venez...rm-sector.html
    God damn. Head north!
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Do your friends call you Snowpiercer?

People like beer drinker will have power on the farm since he plays with plants already. He'll be sleeping in some dumb German car, and we will be sleeping in slums
    Italian.

rap music probably prohibited on the farm

how will i work without my tunes?
    Not on my watch.

Last edited by Beer Drinker; 07-30-2016 at 06:39 AM.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.