Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Turkey storm dropped ~ 30" on sherman pass, i toured the big burn on sherman pk. ran into a couple of crusty characters drinking rainier in the parking lot......... clear signs of a sub-culture around here but not much outright maggotry; 49N up and running: schweitzer, mt. spokane, L-O pass on the verge; dont see much chatter on the forums here, people trying to keep things on the DL?
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot View Post
    Turkey storm dropped ~ 30" on sherman pass, i toured the big burn on sherman pk. ran into a couple of crusty characters drinking rainier in the parking lot......... clear signs of a sub-culture around here but not much outright maggotry; 49N up and running: schweitzer, mt. spokane, L-O pass on the verge; dont see much chatter on the forums here, people trying to keep things on the DL?
    Sherman Pass is pretty cool. Have you been to Republic yet? Small and isolated. Good to great brewery.

There used to be an Inland PNW thread that Bumski started:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...and-PNW-thread

Seems like a good place to start anyway.
    Maybe kick off a new one (i didn’t see a current thread)?

Congrats on the move.

Mutiple TGR mags are making use of a local men's dating site posting tr and hookups over on panhandlebackcountryDOTcom.

thanks A-Wri ........... i dont want to get too specific, lets just say somewhere near the middle
    You tryin' to tell us there's actually more than one town there?

Look to the site mooseknuckles directed you to - a great group of genuinely awesome folks. Lots of people getting after it already. No secrets on that site, everybody is pretty forthcoming in their TRs. Numerous locals with probably a dozen days riding powder already this early season. Surprisingly deep base up high in the Idaho Selkirks! Lookout and environs looking shockingly thin though.

I'll likely be one of the crusty Ranier drinking types you run into out there...

Quote Originally Posted by bourbonisgood View Post
    Look to the site mooseknuckles directed you to - a great group of genuinely awesome folks. Lots of people getting after it already. No secrets on that site, everybody is pretty forthcoming in their TRs. Numerous locals with probably a dozen days riding powder already this early season. Surprisingly deep base up high in the Idaho Selkirks! Lookout and environs looking shockingly thin though.

I'll likely be one of the crusty Ranier drinking types you run into out there...
    ya, panhandleBC.com looked pretty good, didnt notice any sexual predators, thanx for the beta .......... i visited Republic on the way out to Curlew and Boulder Creek, the brewery was closed, good bar-b-que at Freckle's. more snow in the forecast, looks like im giving up PBR ............

Nah, don't give up on PBR. It's still socially acceptable for dirtbag ski bums to consume.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Nah, don't give up on PBR. It's still socially acceptable for dirtbag ski bums to consume.
    its Rainier up here you hillary-lovin', liberal motherfucker!

Locals are illiterate.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    You tryin' to tell us there's actually more than one town there?
    Kettle Falls + Colville = 2

its Rainier up here you hillary-lovin', liberal motherfucker!
    Piss water.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    Kettle Falls + Colville = 2
    You forgot Chewelah...

rode 49N on sat. super-fun to hit a mountain for the first time, scoping lines, not much open but i wasnt out for a big day, more snow on the way ....... sniffed around the parking lots, met a couple of middle-aged brahs in the back sucking down bong hits and chugging rainier ........seems very family-oriented and low-key overall ............ 3 incorporated communities in the whole county? fkna

49N rocks on a powder day; good crew of locals too. Nice new brewpub in Chewelah for apres.