Vail Pass Shuttle Options?

I'm looking to do a long ride this week from the top of Vail Pass (Bowmans-Two Elk-Grand Traverse-Cougar Ridge plus Meadow Mountain in Minturn), and I can't really find anything for companies that run shuttles from Vail or Minturn. I really don't want to even think about riding up Vail Pass on a mountain bike.

Does anyone know of a local company that offers something like this? Everything I've found seems to be companies in Frisco or Dillon, catering to the cruiser bike crowd.

Local companies that do this?

Maybe Montanaskier Inc.? Or Makerstelemark LLC? Or Daheel Corp?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I thought I read on MTBR about a company that offered shuttles... maybe I was just imagining things?

Or a Mag? You'd think there would be a Mag who would hook you up for a few bucks or beers.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Just thumb it, with a sign. Someone with a PU will give you a ride.

call venture sports in avon, they'll pick you up in avon or vail and take you to vail pass where you can ride up shrine pass to two elk via the bowman short cut. my boy charlie will probably be your driver, he's the man, tell him Andy gave you the reference. ride meadow mountain(whiskey creek) from parking lot, no shuttle required. also ride cougar ridge from top of eagles nest gondola out of lions head village in vail. have fun

Actually just did this last weekend. No shuttle used, but it was a pita going back to pick up the car. Did shrine to bowmans to Vail back bowls to grand traverse to radio flyer to big mamba to hanks hideaway. Basically the bowmans to Vail on mtb project. About 24 mi total, 2k climbing, 4k of descending. The ride was sick! Highly recommended. Lemme know if you find a good shuttle option.

What do the shuttle services charge? If it's close to $40, you could always buy a bike haul ticket and ride back from Eagle's Nest or Mid-Vail (after doing a couple extra laps on Mamba and Radio Flyer). I think they offer discounts to Epic Pass holders (at least Keystone does).

FYI... I just talked to Venture Sports in Vail, and they run shuttles every day at 10:15 and 3:15 (?). If you have your own bike, it's $30 to the top of Vail Pass.

The only issue this time of year is the departure time, it's a little too late to avoid the thunderstorms. Looks like we'll probably ride up from the base of Vail.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    FYI... I just talked to Venture Sports in Vail, and they run shuttles every day at 10:15 and 3:15 (?). If you have your own bike, it's $30 to the top of Vail Pass.

The only issue this time of year is the departure time, it's a little too late to avoid the thunderstorms. Looks like we'll probably ride up from the base of Vail.
    Nice. 30 isn't too bad. Totally worth it for the hour of driving back and forth, when in reality you should be drinking cold beer instead.

Just finished the ride.... good thing we didn't wait for the 10:15 shuttle to do that ride, because we could have been killed in the storm that was sitting on the top of Vail at about 2:00 this afternoon.

We ended up climbing the front side of Vail all the way up to Two Elk (about 3200 vert, ugh), then descending Two Elk all the way down into Minturn... so, so sweet and totally worth the effort. By the time we stopped in Minturn for a beer and rode back to Vail, the afternoon storms were dumping up high. Total ride ended up around 30 miles, about 4500 climbing.

Sick ride

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Just finished the ride.... good thing we didn't wait for the 10:15 shuttle to do that ride, because we could have been killed in the storm that was sitting on the top of Vail at about 2:00 this afternoon.

We ended up climbing the front side of Vail all the way up to Two Elk (about 3200 vert, ugh), then descending Two Elk all the way down into Minturn... so, so sweet and totally worth the effort. By the time we stopped in Minturn for a beer and rode back to Vail, the afternoon storms were dumping up high. Total ride ended up around 30 miles, about 4500 climbing.
    Sweet man. Sounds like a tough route. Beautiful area tho! Way to get at it

Little sample from last weekend.

Nice. Here's a quick video I put together from the ride (not sure how to embed here, if it's even possible)... I think photos do the beauty of the trail more justice though.

https://www.facebook.com/chasingepic...0802044229312/

want. to. do. that. ride.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Nice! $30 per person saved buys a lot of post ride beer!