Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Are they going to send tracking numbers or should we just expect them to show up?

I did ask for a tracking number and it did not seem to be an integrated step. Guess best to call.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    I did ask for a tracking number and it did not seem to be an integrated step. Guess best to call.
    Ok, thanks. Doing that today.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Ok, thanks. Doing that today.

Meh the ski mode clip does not do much. It does not do anything for forward flex. It prevents rear flex from extreme backseat skiing, but the boot stays in place just fine without it. At most it helps me buckle the boot if I ski them with zipfits.

If they would have wanted to really improve stiffness the clip would latch on the shell to prevent forward flex. That would bring up the stiffness. I don't really need that, just saying...

a lock like the vulcan would not give more forward stiffness.
    the aluminium spoiler replace the forward lock

Quote Originally Posted by buenonda View Post
    a lock like the vulcan would not give more forward stiffness.
    the aluminium spoiler replace the forward lock
    Never mind you are right. The shell rests on the spoiler.

called dynafit, my carbons shipped 2 days ago. excited!

Anybody get their boots yet? Nickel, what number did you call?

They gave me a tracking number on Wednesday but they haven't moved. Still in boulder.

Mine show out for delivery today! We got a big dump last night, so this is good news...

Seth

I just called the dynafit NA/Salewa # on their website. Super friendly customer service.

FYI people in canuckistan, I was advised that if I go to pick them up and am asked to pay duty etc, walk away and call dynafit. They will e-mail a proof of warranty to bring back to the post office which should get the import fees waived in the event of a misunderstanding. She said this was always easier than paying and trying to recoup the costs after the fact.

MEC told me to order from them and return the old ones.

Mine got turned away by the post office somehow.....dammit!
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Got mine yesterday and was ridiculed mercilessly by my wife as I wore them, and a combo of different insoles and liners, around the house for an hour and a half.

Jury is still out on which combo will fit better, but I hope to get out in them this weekend. On carpet they feel stiffer than the Vulcan with a little more room for my toes. Easy to get on and off, but they don't walk as well as they Vulcan.

The power strap is not awesome. Will probably retro with another style.

I had the Khions for about a week so I can't remember them well enough to notice what has changed. Let me know if you want some pictures.

got mine too. can confirm the power strap is uninspiring. skied fine without one last year...

The euro pictures look like the power strap is not even included.

My boots went missing somewhere after Denver USPS. Priority mail scheduled delivery 12/5 and last logged 12/3. Arrrghhh Started paper work with USPS, but not looking forward to the response time. Sent an email off to Dynafit this am.

So sounds like the boot goes on and off like a normal boot.

Finally got mine yesterday. Totally possible to get on and off, unlike the khion. Threw in the footbrds and baked the liners, they feel really good. I have the intuitions from the khions if not.

Allie at customer service was outstanding!

What makes it different? Is the liner same volume as the old one?

It seems the same volume but totally different. No boa, different materials. Seems much higher quality.

So about a dozen days on them. I've broken two instep buckle ladders just from doing up the boots tight.

Also broke the carbon piece between toe and instep buckle however i did hit a buried stump/log with my foot. Opposite boot to the two ladder failures in case one is tempted to jump to conclusions. Interestingly I've found zero reduction in stiffness in the boot with the broken carbon.

The ladder failures are really frustrating. Fails right where the narrow bar is hollowed out and mated to the wider ladder and magnet. A few extra grams in that spot would go a long way.

Ah, bummer nickel. Mine have been flawless. There is definitely a reduced range of motion compared to the Vulcan, but at this point it doesn't bother me.

I pulled the power strap of immediately - I think they are useless.

The Beasts ski way better than the Vulcan for me @ 195lbs - plenty stiff and had no problems driving my RPCs inbounds for a day of lift served on Friday.

Liners are fine. These are the first stock liners for many years that I haven't hated. Still, I may mold my pro-tours and see if I get a better fit.

Only real negative comments from me is that my toes get really cold and the cuff on my pants can't quite get over the upper cuff on the boots when they are unbuckled in your mode. I'm not sure if the cold toes are the liner, design, or something else. The cuff issue lets snow in the top of my boot which is annoying.

Otherwise, I'm happy with the boots!

Seth

I'm not bothered enough to be disappointed in the boot, as at 215lbs it's easily the best skiing touring boot I've put on. walk mode not mind blowing but acceptable.

agree with you that the power strap is useless, except when you break an instep buckle ladder and need to crank everything else down to salvage your day.

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    agree with you that the power strap is useless, except when you break an instep buckle ladder and need to crank everything else down to salvage your day.
    Good point. They are pretty light. Probably worth it to put one of them in my pack just in case...