Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Can somebody place a photo of liner with laces? My pair of boot came without laces, want to see how to properly line them up when I finally got them.

After 3 days my liners packed so much I cannot tighten them enough to ski. With my protours in they ski very well. Agree that the power strap adds nothing.
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Broke the same mid foot buckle ladder again, in exactly the same spot, right where material is machined away to fit the magnet. No shop in town has any of those left. All other buckles and ladders present in spare parts bags but all out of the one ladder... And then got asked if I was doing my boots up too tight.

So now I'm skiing a boot I can't do up while I wait for Salewa to answer my email.

Also, does anyone else find the rubber water stopper doesn't do anything and lets tons of water into the boot? My liners are soaked from the outside on both feet at the end of a tour.

Honeymoon period definitely over...

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    Also, does anyone else find the rubber water stopper doesn't do anything and lets tons of water into the boot?
    I haven't noticed the boots getting wet, but I have noticed that my big toes are the coldest that I have ever experienced. I'm not sure whether the stock liner is especially thin in that area, or something else is going on, but my feet have been freezing - especially when riding lifts.

I think my liner is packing out also, but so far, they still work. I hope I don't have your buckle issues...

Seth

My boot boards are breaking....anyone else?
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

I'll look tonight.

My boot boards don't appear to be breaking, but they do stop about 2-3" from the end of the boot. I guess I figured out why my toes are so cold...

10 days on them now.
    Pros:
    Fit

Cons:
    Short cuff issues exacerbated by the rear spoiler sitting proud of spine leaving 5 mm gap at top of boot resulting in slop.
    Can't take up slop with real power strap because no room. I've fixed this with forward lean shims which is a fiddle.

Flange the upper cuff sits in on inside of boot to lock upper and lower is blowing out. Now farking what?

Quote Originally Posted by phallic-menace View Post
    Short cuff issues exacerbated by the rear spoiler sitting proud of spine leaving 5 mm gap at top of boot resulting in slop.
    I felt this quite a bit today. Left boot popped out of ski mode a few times riding lifts. The combo had me skiing more reserved than typical. I felt like I was skiing on my heels/backseat.

I think I figured out the ski mode thing, though. I ran the third buckle (from top working toward toes) a little looser than before. I think the result was that the lower boot may have been deforming slightly allowing the ski mode to open up under the right conditions.

I tightened the buckle and didn't have the problem again, but it was toward the end of the day.

I'm going to try a pro tour liner and play around with a booster strap to see if that might help.

Seth

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    I think I figured out the ski mode thing, though. I ran the third buckle (from top working toward toes) a little looser than before. I think the result was that the lower boot may have been deforming slightly allowing the ski mode to open up under the right conditions. I tightened the buckle and didn't have the problem again, but it was toward the end of the day.
    Same here. Moreover, experienced top-forward part of boot goes off the hooks at the back of boots when going some forward pressure (me 75 kg), and this happened on right boot only(resulting top of boot suddenly goes few centimeters forward).
    You definitely don't want beasts to be loosen and should tight them properly.
    Also, my liners a wet outside, no matter if this is 100% lift-served or 100% tour, but this does not sense on the field.
    What irritates me most - top buckle goes to the first position (loosen) by itself quite often, have no clue how this can happen and how to fix.

That was kind of tough to read.

Has it occurred to either of you that your pant leg may have been caught in the walk mode lever? You may have already thought of that but it sort of happened to me yesterday.

My liners also get wet and it's bullshit. I definitely notice in the field. By the end of a big day my feet are sometimes quite wet and it's coming from the outside.

As far as your top buckle coming loose it's almost 100% due to the next one down being disproportionately tight compared to the one above.

Also dynafit still hasn't replaced my second broken buckle ladder. I've got more days on the boot without the fucking ladder than with it and my big toe is over it.

I've thought of the pant leg. Its definitely possible.

I haven't noticed wet liners, but that would be a major bummer.

Is dynafit/salewa answering your calls or emails about the broken buckle?

answering emails sporadically. will be calling direct when I get back from my hut trip.

I was planning on a four day traverse later in the year. Hope they have this figured out by then.

a broken buckle never stopped me before so i don't see why it'd be a deal breaker now. I don't want to seem to be making a mountain out of a molehill, it's mostly annoying.

The water ingress however is a touch more concerning.

I am sending dynafit half my bill for intuitions. Wtf is up with their liners. For a 1K boot it has cardboard liners. With all the plastic and flex zones it does not tour as well as an intuition luxury, its heavier, packs out in days and just overall a shit liner.

While Scarpa don't fit me I find it interesting that they can buy tech fittings from Dynafit, liners from intuition and still make money selling their AT boots

While the Dynafit makes the boots which do fit me, Dynafit already have the real tech fittings so they don't pay extra for those, Dynafit source some shitty liner which is useless right out of the box and they charge me mo money than Scarpa

and so I have to accept that all I'm actualy buying ... is a shell
    Last edited by XXX-er; 01-22-2017 at 09:57 AM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Yes, pretty steep price for a shell. Scarpa intuitions are not really real intuition liners though. They are very low volume. People would think the boots they are trying are too small if the boots came with proper intuition liners. Still they are way better than what dynafit sells. Also the soles on these boots wear out faster than a rock climbing sole. I would have had to resole them at the end of this year. If it was not for their fit dynafit would be at the bottom of my list.

yup^^ but I wouldn't say they are not real intuitions, I actulay asked the intuition people and they tell me yes Scarpa liners are intuition liners but they are made slightly different to Scarpa's specs ... which I would agree with

but yeah way better than what dynafit is offering

Being stuck in a dynafit boot is still > no boots

I'm probably in the minority here, and probably don't have enough days on my Beasts to know how long it will take them to pack out, but I don't hate the stock Beast liners. I have a pair of pro-tours (left over from my vulcans) that I am going to mold one of these days, but so far, I have been satisfied with the Beast liners. As others have stated also, I'm sure that Dynafit is spec'ing what they believe to be the best liners.

I really hated the Vulcan liners. I haven't even molded the stock beast liners - they just fit well right out of the box. No pressure points, they seemed to walk as well (carpet test) as the Pro-tours, and when I buckle the boots down, they feel plenty supportive. That may change as I go forward.

Seth

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    I, I'm sure that Dynafit is spec'ing what they believe to be the best liners.

I'm sure Dynafit have some good reasons for chosing the liners and that would be price, price and price

I don't believe they chose their liners based on what is best

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I'm sure Dynafit have some good reasons for chosing the liners and that would be price, price and price

I don't believe they chose their liners based on what is best
    I'm not that pessimistic/cynical. Dynafit values performance. Like any company, they have to make decisions and price of materials is definitely a factor in the running of any profitable business. For all I know, they really like the Palau liners. I have no data about cost of Palau vs. Intuition, or if there are other factors that may affect this decision. Like usual, we're armchair quarterbacking.

Seth

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    yup^^ but I wouldn't say they are not real intuitions, I actulay asked the intuition people and they tell me yes Scarpa liners are intuition liners but they are made slightly different to Scarpa's specs ... which I would agree with

but yeah way better than what dynafit is offering

Being stuck in a dynafit boot is still > no boots
    To that point (OEM relationships with Intuition), my boot fitter is a big fan of the touring liner they make for Dalbello (I.e. the Lupo TI ID).

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

yeah I also have 2 pair of Dalbello alpine boots with the ID power wraps and they work great, also full tilt has intuition

Its not hard for a boot maker to find out if people are ditching their liners for an aftermarket product and if they are palau or intuition or what and for that matter how many threads do you see asking "what Palau liner" to buy?

I think its a combo of cheap and stubborn