Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JRainey View Post
    Any hints on sidecut radius? LRC style?
    From the 90 to the 102 to this xxx, it's a natural evolution in shape and intended use.
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

Funday stoke Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1469373885.189008.jpg
Views: 911
Size:  237.5 KB
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

I sent a PM to everyone who expressed any interest in a ski order. If you didn't get it and are interested, send me a PM. The order isn't due until 8/15, so there's plenty of time.

Geo, do the pre-cut skins come with a fixed or adjustable tail clip?
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

Quote Originally Posted by swerve View Post
    Geo, do the pre-cut skins come with a fixed or adjustable tail clip?
    Adjustable
    DOWN SKIS

Bump for order update: 8 committed, 1 maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by dschane View Post
    Bump for order update: 8 committed, 1 maybe.
    dschane, I got your PM and I truly appreciate you throwing this together... I thought the 114 would be the ticket, but am concerned about the length and geo stated the flex is a med and I do not think this will be enough ski to support my size (6'4ish and 205 lbs - solid muscle of course)...

Thanks again D...! Def a standup Mag...!

I'm in for a pair of Lowdown 102 179cm

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    dschane, I got your PM and I truly appreciate you throwing this together... I thought the 114 would be the ticket, but am concerned about the length and geo stated the flex is a med and I do not think this will be enough ski to support my size (6'4ish and 205 lbs - solid muscle of course)...

Thanks again D...! Def a standup Mag...!
    No problem, that makes complete sense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Side View Post
    I'm in for a pair of Lowdown 102 179cm
    Excellent, one more committed and the order is happening.

New MOQ is 20 (you will thank me this winter)
    DOWN SKIS

I'm looking for a touring ski but focus mainly on the down. Waffling between the CD104 and the LD102. Mainly ski in CO but some trips to WY and UT thrown in. Any one have any opinions or inputs to help me decide between the 2? Realize that the CDs would be a bit more than a half pound heavier but wondering if the extra weight is worth it for better downhill performance. Also, are the LD really that much stiffer to justify the huge difference in turn radius?

Input greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    I'm looking for a touring ski but focus mainly on the down. Waffling between the CD104 and the LD102. Mainly ski in CO but some trips to WY and UT thrown in. Any one have any opinions or inputs to help me decide between the 2? Realize that the CDs would be a bit more than a half pound heavier but wondering if the extra weight is worth it for better downhill performance. Also, are the LD really that much stiffer to justify the huge difference in turn radius?

What type of down is the question? Steep and variable the LD. More pow then mank the CD. Drop me a mail for more detail but that is the easy macro answer.
    DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by geo039 View Post
    New MOQ is 20 (you will thank me this winter)
    MOQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    MOQ?
    Related to us, not you. Minimum Order Quantity.
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post

I got that same question in a PM. It's a tough one.

I can say between the CD 102 and the 102L, I prefer the 102. I appreciate the extra ~0.75 lb per ski and stiffness for the ride down (and I weigh in at 185 lb). It can get heavy and manky here, and while the ski area is open, I typically tour for 2-3 hours in the early AM and then spend the day skiing with my kids. So shaving that little weight for a short time on the up is not so important to me. In the late spring, I'm more likely to count grams and go lighter.

I am comparing identical ski shapes with different cores. The CD104 is somewhat of a different ski than the LD102, so there are other factors in play, as Geo pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by dschane View Post
    We made this happen last year and, although not without minor glitches (e.g., total of ~$100 in custom fees), it worked out well. These guys have been uber generous with mags over the years. Anyone interested this year?
    Interested, very much, in a YD8 179cm. I have one question, of unlikely answer:

Any mags 'Merica or euroland by chance had the opportunity to compare these to the Black Crows Navis Freebird. Both get rave reviews for moderately light but great overall performance in a touring-oriented ski; both 102 waist and 179 offering. My wife has shorter Navis FB's, but she's not exactly tech talk material for the nerd feedback I want (ie. the nuances described in this thread).

Bump because I sent a group email to those who said they were either definitely or maybe in on the order. If you didn't get my email, check your spam can and send me a PM if it's not there.

The deadline is 8/15, only 12 days away . . .

And sorry, Dr., I have no time on Black Crows skis.

Down Skis 2016/17 Pre-Season Sale - U.S. Group Buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Scientist View Post
    Interested, very much, in a YD8 179cm. I have one question, of unlikely answer:

Any mags 'Merica or euroland by chance had the opportunity to compare these to the Black Crows Navis Freebird. Both get rave reviews for moderately light but great overall performance in a touring-oriented ski; both 102 waist and 179 offering. My wife has shorter Navis FB's, but she's not exactly tech talk material for the nerd feedback I want (ie. the nuances described in this thread).
    I have the 2017 178 Camox Freebirds, the YW8s, the old 1800g Countdown 102s, as well as the Line Sick Day Tourists. I haven't been able to do any detailed comparisons with the Freebirds - only had 4 days on them this summer, but the ski is pretty damn good in my opinion, though smaller radius than I like. Posting up a prelim review on Blister this week or next.

10-days-left bump.

We're at 9 committed. If one of the maybe's or another commits, this deal happens. Carbon fiber skis at wholesale pricing.

Bump, 4 days left in the 2016-17 early season sale . . . .

Bump, only a few days left, and if my understanding is correct, we need one more person to commit in order for this to happen...

I just got a PM from another, so we're at 10 or 11 depending on rudy.

Rudy, if you're listening, check in.

Cheers.

Final call . . .

Sorry about the delay on my part PM (and email sent).

Got it, you are in. We are 10.

wwwlw, check your PMs if you're still interested.