Bake Temperature 2016 Lange liners

I have.a pair of 2016 Lange liners from an RS130 Blue with florescent orange at the top.

So the liners are a tight fit in my shells and I definitely want to get some movement from them in a couple of places.

Does anyone know the temperature for these liners. Not sure if it is the same foam as the Intuition liners so not sure if the same heat in the oven. My oven is a newish gas oven and the temperature settings go down to 170.

paging mtnlion to the white courtesy phone

There's no heat moldable closed cell EVA foam in the Lange Pro Fit liners (Ultralon or any other brand), it's polyurethane foam that isn't really designed to be cooked. If you do try to heat them I'd suggest heat stax rather than the oven. (I assume you mean that your feet are a tight fit in the boots, and not that the liners are hard to fit in the shells).

If you need the boots bigger "in a couple of places" you'd best find a reliable bootfitter to work on the shells.

Thanks gregL. I thought they were different foam.

Going in a 2007 Lange RS shell. Took a bit of work to get the heel pocket to settle in without wrinkles. Also some greater pressure in spots with this liner compared to old liner.

What are heat stax?

Was planning to see a boot fitter I know this fall, but these came up on fleebay for a descent price and thought I would try them.

heat stacks. The giant blow dryers that heat with hot air, into the liners

Yeah I kind of guessed that afterwards.

Lange says they are ready for heat molding. Would prefer to do at home.

ANY liner can be heat molded, it just helps speed up the pack out process that will happen naturally anyways to any/all boots.
    if you heated the left, and not the right, after 10 days they will feel the same

not mandatory, and does not inject magic to the boots, but not harmfull to do (or not to do)

Thanks mntlion

I was stupid. Last year I bought a pair of 2007 Lange RS year off the board with almost new liners for a good deal. Threw the liners in my boots and put 30 days on them and felt they were moving closer to the end of their life and the new Lange RS liners showed up on ebay. The boots I bought last year were in better shape so I put the new 2016 liners in them. Too small-owwie go to internet for answers. .............Then think well lets shell fit the boots. Mine are the 97 and the ones I had bought were the 92's. Put liners in my old boots. Ahh much better now.

Went ahead with the turkey bag boiling water method to push them a bit. I like this better than the oven or the rice. Those 10 days are likely close to my season in these boots. Still may need to see the bootfitter this fall for a punch as my feet have decided extra bone is needed on the wings.

Thanks

Like mtnlion says, any liner can be heated but not all of them will retain the shape of your foot once they cool down - in the latter case you are just hoping to speed the break-in process. Putting boots with sewn vinyl uppers in the oven can be hard on the vinyl and sometimes the straps will pull out if they are partially fixed with heat melt glue; heat stax just heat the lower part of the liner.

There's a limit to what heat molding even a high volume Intuition can do; when the liner is fully compressed in a tight spot and the shell prevents it from moving further, you need to change the shell shape.