Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Night Of

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    I meant the final episode left me feeling MEH. The only bright light in the whole thing was the fact that they will probably catch the real killer eventually. Oh, and the cat was saved. I loved the show, and I don't mind dark. When the cat is the only one that ends up better off, I just don't know if I like that. I never really expected a happy ending here though, so I wasn't too surprised.
    Me too. I think it should have ended with the hung jury...after that, I kept waiting for something to happen...and then credits rolled and I wondered: what was with the extra ten minutes???
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Ending with the hung jury would have been too tidy for me, and not fit with the overall complexity of the series. I felt the cat was the perfect, just-enough-happy, ending.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Ending with the hung jury would have been too tidy for me, and not fit with the overall complexity of the series. I felt the cat was the perfect, just-enough-happy, ending.
    Agreed... Been touched on too, but the acting, particularly Turturro=phenomenal. Reminder to watch "Miller's Crossing" again. "Look in your heart..."

I too felt a little meh about the last episode. There was just something missing that I can't pinpoint.

The series, though, was excellent. Character develop and acting in general were both strong suits.

I wanted Naz to end up being a hardcore psycho and the last episode he murders Freddy and takes over the prison. The innocent nice guy routine all an act, Kaiser Soze style.

Very disappointed with final episode(s)....
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PassTheDutchie View Post
    Agreed... Been touched on too, but the acting, particularly Turturro=phenomenal. Reminder to watch "Miller's Crossing" again. "Look in your heart..."
    Agreed

Very well acted.. Thought the hung jury was interesting, there is something missing though, and I think Naz went a bit too easily to the 'dark side'. But that said it's a 7.5/10 for me.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.