Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Hehe, I've got no dog in this fight, but come on, he's not exactly some small time beater. Quite the resume for an "intermediate" skier and "moderate" fitness guy...
    Look at the videos for highlights of his ski ability. Nothing wrong with intermediate skiers skiing big lines cautiously. Again, it is all in how he presents himself.

Likewise, compare his route times to a large contingent of skiers and hikers/runners in CO, and it is far from the elite superhuman he would have his readers believe.

What Bean said.....
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by trogdortheburninator View Post
    Look at the videos for highlights of his ski ability. Nothing wrong with intermediate skiers skiing big lines cautiously. Again, it is all in how he presents himself.

Likewise, compare his route times to a large contingent of skiers and hikers/runners in CO, and it is far from the elite superhuman he would have his readers believe.
    Tell me about the large contingent of skiers, hikers and runners who are skiing down a bunch of 14ers before May.
    I'm not worried about route times, or how he gloats about his #epic #adventure lifestyle, or if if his skiing is film worthy. Sure, he might be an egotistic, cocky prick, but he gets after it.

The guy looks like he'd have trouble skiing in blue square basin. He pretty much sideslipped the apron in that Capitol video.

Never said he doesn't get after it. Anyhow, the personality trumps the physical in this case. I'm just pointing out that the physical is not as elite as he portrays.

Here is that TGR thread about Marmot

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...iing-all-14ers

Is Kedrowski the fastest person to ski all of CO's 14ers?

Bean's posts summarize my opinion pretty well, so read those first if you haven't already.

I'd just like to add that, after reading through all 55+ pages on the 14ers thread, and the 30 or more pages of related links, and all of Davenport's trip reports, I have a new appreciation for just how difficult and dangerous it is to actually ski all of these peaks from their summits. In particular, Capitol and Pyramid are suicidal for most people to attempt. So I would put those two at the crux of the issue. If you don't have some proof that you have skied those from their summits, then I don't think you can claim a record of skiing all the 14ers faster and more efficiently than anyone has done before.

Not to say that JK didn't accomplish a huge feat, and much more than I would dream to attempt.
    Last edited by billyk; 07-15-2016 at 10:15 AM.

The best thing about this thread is that it links back to what that guy Marmot did over 10 years ago. That guy was the real deal, and did it in great style w/o calling attention to himself. The polar opposite of this Kedrowski character. I randomly ran across some of JK's selfie videos, and I thought hmm this guy seems like kind of a douche... everything above seems to confirm that.

Quote Originally Posted by jimw View Post
    The best thing about this thread is that it links back to what that guy Marmot did over 10 years ago. That guy was the real deal, and did it in great style w/o calling attention to himself. The polar opposite of this Kedrowski character. I randomly ran across some of JK's selfie videos, and I thought hmm this guy seems like kind of a douche... everything above seems to confirm that.
    Marmot defined good style
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

A guy is trying to self promote himself so he can carve a job in the ski industry and does some pretty bad ass shit in the process. Now he is hated? What a world we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    A guy is trying to self promote himself so he can carve a job in the ski industry and does some pretty bad ass shit in the process. Now he is hated? What a world we live in.
    Well then you can buy things from his sponsors. I find him to be a bit of a douchebag. I think hate is strong in this situation.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    I haven't been on TGR for a few months, but this "Dr. Ted" stuff has me poking around the interwebs. Hated might be a bit of a stretch; I'd say appalled at the tone moreso. Having now read the 14ers threads for the last hour, I would reiterate the main point of Jon's critics: it's about ethics and attitude. Jon continues to make ambiguous claims and carefully-worded statements to promote himself, his books, his $4k speaking engagements... He's hasn't accepted or respected the expectations of the cadre he's trying to join, but rather states that the project and it's "completion" are up to his own interpretation. That's fine in your own head/world, until you discredit others and claim to be first/fastest/baddest.

No one is discrediting his physical abilities or the majority of his accomplishments; he obviously has taken a lot of time in the last decade to commit his life to being in the mountains and finding joy/providing stoke. However, for this goal, it's disappointing the attitude he's taken and the statements he's continued to make, even after his supporter and ski partners on Maroon (Davenport and Mahon) chose to speak the truth on the topic. Some might argue that Davenport is a big-self promoter of the same vein [I would say he rightfully earned that place, before the social media "pros" took over], but Chris takes on his goals with transparency, authenticity, and a commitment to ethics. See the post script from this TR 10 years ago - http://www.skithe14ers.com/p-mt-lindsey.php Chris and Ted's statments on Twitter and the Aspen Times are calling a spade a spade.

I chuckle about this whole drama because I looked Jon up this fall when he was listed as a speaker for a winter talk series in Aspen that I often attend. Having grown up in the PNW, his choosing to publish a book about sleeping and skiing the Cascade volcanoes seemed odd and overstated. As I dug around more, the genuineness and authenticitiy of his whole persona seemed to disappear . Months later, my wife unknowingly attended the "talk" and was baffled by the whole charade. I laughed when she came home and complained she "couldn't leave because she was sitting in the front row." True hardships!

Anyway, I'll end my rant. Here's a great article that ties a bit into what's going on here: http://www.outsideonline.com/2070866...ldest-crossing The honesty of the MH Athlete manager is the sad truth.

You've put a lot of thought into not liking this guy. It just seems like a weird way to spend your time with all of the other assholes in the world that are much easier to not like. If that's your thing.

carry on~