Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is Kedrowski the fastest person to ski all of CO's 14ers?

Seems to be some debate out there about this subject. Some heavy hitters have weighed in and said that they don't believe Kedrowski's claim. You fucking lackeys love to stir the pot, right?

So, let's hear some opinions! Did Jon Kedrowski ski all the Colorado 14ers faster than anyone before him?

Background:
    http://us6.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...&id=e07821a260

http://14erskirecord.com/

https://twitter.com/tedmahon/status/750735274485751808

And some light reading on good ole 14ers.com
    http://14ers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=49176
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Per Jon Kedrowski, the answer is "no" : https://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/1...s-fourteeners/

The real question is "has he skied all the 14ers?" I haven't seen anything suggesting he actually skied Pyramid.

Dude's about as fit as it gets and has had some great adventures this season, but he just doesn't seem to care to engage "the community" and is more interested in impressing laypersons.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Who bloody cares!
    Mohan is an another boring east coast gaper.

This guy has a job? And he completed them. I'm impressed. Plus he has got to be a physical mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post

And some light reading on good ole 14ers.com
    http://14ers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=49176
    wow that thread goes on for 55 pages

From the persona he projects and data he shares, guy has:
    No real job
    A shitty personality
    A moderate level of fitness
    An intermediate level of ski ability
    An expert ability to fabricate the truth he wants

He seems to do all of those things so completely as to have convinced himself he completed his goal. In the process he did seem to have an amazing season by nearly any standard except that which he keeps claiming.

Quote Originally Posted by trogdortheburninator View Post
    No real job
    A shitty personality
    An expert ability to exaggerate and self-promote
    I changed the last line. This describes many instagram "pros". They are much better at promoting and exaggerating themselves than actually sliding downhill (sometimes embarrassingly so). The gullible eat it up. Such is life, no harm done. The thing that actually gets me is how poorly they promote their sponsors products. They seem to forget that part after a while, and focus purely on themselves. It is an illness of the personality.
    Life is not lift served.

That thread is fascinating. Sounds like he's angered some of CO's skiing elite.

His posted video of skiing some of Capitol:
    https://youtu.be/9ep7suDYUWY

The answer is no. Guy seems like a tool but it's a shame this whole project has created so much fuss(all his fault though).

Dav summed it up well in this article
    Davenport wrote. “I like John and have skied with him a bunch and I’m sad to see how he finished this project with a lot of unanswered questions, holes in his story, and half-truths. Didn’t need to be that way.”

http://www.aspentimes.com/news/22618...ports-14er-ski
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

This by the way is a great July thread on TGR
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

Certainly pissed off Dav and others who have finished all the peaks from the summit.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Definitely the fastest to kinda ski all the 14ers.

Yeah, Dav and Mahon definitely let him know their opinion on his claims of having done them all faster. Their twitter discussion is great.

He also leaves his business card aka litter on every summit which is really uncool.

He also leaves his business card aka litter on every summit which is really uncool.
    Holy shit that's douchey. Dude would get lynched for that around here.

Interesting debate and ensuing clash of egos.

A new level of dbaggery

Quote Originally Posted by trogdortheburninator View Post
    Hehe, I've got no dog in this fight, but come on, he's not exactly some small time beater. Quite the resume for an "intermediate" skier and "moderate" fitness guy...

Sounds like he didn't claim the title, just that he was done with his version. The phalanx of Dawson, Dav, and Mahon is going to be tough to get approval of a accomplishment like this short of complete photographic documentation.

Mahons comment about reducing the prestige tells you a lot of the motivation to neg others'.

Who was that TGR poster who they nixed his 14er accomplishment a few years back for not being able to ski off of some summits?

Quote Originally Posted by m-ruta View Post
    Holy shit that's douchey. Dude would get lynched for that around here.

Interesting debate and ensuing clash of egos.
    Believe me, this was one of the big things people on 14ers.com had with him years ago. His narcissism is off the charts.

That thread is fascinating. Sounds like he's angered some of CO's skiing elite.

His posted video of skiing some of Capitol:
    https://youtu.be/9ep7suDYUWY
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Hehe, I've got no dog in this fight, but come on, he's not exactly some small time beater. Quite the resume for an "intermediate" skier and "moderate" fitness guy...
    ^^4 turns in a minute long video. however, v impressive side slipping skills.

^not to take away from his accomplishment... but wow. was there a cliff down there or something?

Quote Originally Posted by smitchell333 View Post
    Who was that TGR poster who they nixed his 14er accomplishment a few years back for not being able to ski off of some summits?
    I think it was ivanahuckalot. That dude took the high road and I think a lot of folks have serious respect for him and his accomplishment because of it. Kedrowski may well have gotten as much or more done in a season as Jason did but his public persona was so much less palatable because of his penchant for hashtags and his absurd self promotional littering that I think a lot of spectators found it difficult to embrace him because of it.

Either way, it's mighty cool to see the 14ers getting skied more regularly. As a lazy ass front ranger who likes to hike them during the summer, I find it pretty inspiring to see these guys hammering away at them on tech bindings in good snow years like this one.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Sounds like he didn't claim the title, just that he was done with his version.
    He makes claims, sometimes ambiguous, then gets called on it, dials it back, and makes bigger, bolder claims a week or two later. A couple weeks after "I don’t think it’s a clean record. I don’t feel right saying I definitely got it done the right way" he went with "I still skied every single 14,000' peak in Colorado in 160 days, faster and more efficiently than any other person ever has."

It's a shame he's got such a penchant for self-aggrandizement, he's clearly a fairly competent and fit ski mountaineer and what he managed this spring is rather respectable if it weren't tainted by the ego and deception. I think his claim that the "haters" are just fat slow weekend warriors who can't hold a candle to his moderate level of fitness was my favorite.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

It's Doctor Kedrowski, you weekend warrior beaters.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

yes this guy is a tool for sure

how many people are out there doing things, skiing lines, climbing mountains, and having a good time? Dr Jon takes it too a whole nother level of self promotion and bragging. That is what makes him a tool. Thats what makes alot of people hate on him. If he just went out there and skied 14ers, documneted what he did and then said "hey look what I did" show me some respect it'd be different. Instead he grandstanded from day one.

I watched a video of him skiing down a 14er a few months ago, and it was horrible, it was nothing short of gaper turns down a green run. He had a selfie stick focused on himself, as he did a turn by turn commentary. He then set off a small avalanche but was too into himself and bragging about what a high end person he is to put the stick and camera down and realize what was going on around him. If others were skiing with him, he would have put them in alot of danger by his tool like actions. That video is where he lost me.

Alot of it is jealously for sure, some guy who doesn't have to work a day in his life, just gets to go out and ski and fuck off everyday and gets to be a big man on campus. If we were to meet and have a beer, I wonder if he's a big of a doosh, one on one as he is on the internet and at his speaking engagements?

Sounds like Jason I? (can't remember his last name). He might have posted under the user name "raven"?

He sought no publicity, he just did it. Some friends of his talked up his accomplishment, then the internet got mad at him.
    "The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't." - Rancid Crabtree

"never buy anything you can't fuel with a salami sandwich" - XXX-er