Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by DropCliffsNotBombs View Post
    No. Demos are not "exactly the same" as Schizo's.
    The demo toe has the moldings for the schizo wire (big clue there eh?), both toes move on a track, Schizo moves with heel, demo is adjusted independently.

They are basically the same. Except with the demo you can move you MP down to about 1mm increments.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
    Somewhat related question: do the schizos use the same track as Marker demos? Can I put demo toe and heel in the schizo track?
    No because for the demo the toe has a similar adjuster to the regular heel to position it so the track needs the parts to facilitate that adjustment.

DCNB seems to be a bit bent out of shape about this, and obviously they are not the same or interchangeable, but for all intents and purposes both toes and heel sit on a similarly designed track with identical properties in terms of slop potential etc. The toes come out of the same mold.

Yeah I tinkered with this a while ago. If you have a regular jester heel with the longer demo heel plate, and the front toe and track from a schizo binding, you can combine them to be exactly the same as a normal demo binding (just dont put in the cable).

The heel on the schizo is actually very tight and has no slop on my pair after 3 years. The toe is where the slop comes in, so both the demos and schizo's have the exact same amount of slop.

Basicaly, that all sums to the fact that demos and schizo's are exactly the same, other than the fact that the schizo is a little heavier, but allows you to move your mount point on the fly without worrying about/resetting forward pressure. With the schizo, I also don't have to worry about the toe moving slightly on its track without the heel moving the same amount (the demo toe adjustment screw is pretty easy to turn/not tight like the rear track screw).

(In my opinion) the schizo is a better designed version of the demo binding. Still let's you adjust for a huge range of boot sizes without remounting, and let's you change the boot center position on the hill in 30 seconds without worrying about screwing up forward pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    (In my opinion) the schizo is a better designed version of the demo binding. Still let's you adjust for a huge range of boot sizes without remounting, and let's you change the boot center position on the hill in 30 seconds without worrying about screwing up forward pressure.
    That's certainly a solid advantage.

I love that I get to travel with 3 sets of skis and 1 set of bindings.

Marker Schizo

Quote Originally Posted by DropCliffsNotBombs View Post
    First of all, Marker Schizo's are way less sloppy than ANY demo binding. Don't believe the hype. They are only slightly less rigid than most regular bindings and that is because of the tolerances required with the moveable toe piece.
    I have dealt with Schizo's for years and I will tell you that THEY ARE BURLY! I have seen more breakage in "race" bindings honestly.
    The ability to move your mounting point for and aft allows you to fine tune the sweet spot and also adjust for different snow conditions.
    The only real negative is that they don't have an adjustable toe height feature. Perhaps that is where people that have reported "slop" is coming from. Their boot toes have worn.
    Hi Drop. I had a pair of older Katana's and found I liked them much better mounted forward of the recommended Boot Center. So when I bought new Katanas I went with the Schizo so I could dial them in. The Schizo work great and are super easzy to move BUT they are really hard to click into especially in Powder or on slope. I gave the seller my boot sole length and they mounted. wondering if I need to move the heal back or if this is typical?

It's typical of the Royal Family bindings relative to all others (save for maybe FKS which is also a bit of a pain to get back into in soft deep snow)

Moving the heel back will alter your forward pressure which should be set correctly upon mounting. If the seller just mounted for BSL then you may be onto something as it is not likely FP was set unless he did that with a boot same BSL as yours. But if you mounted middle of range then it's not going to make a dif to step in resistance, but it would be a good idea to ensure your FP is set correctly.

Was that really a serious question?

yes it was a s question.

When you move the schizos forward, the connecting cord can bunch up slightly. To avoid this, I overshoot how far forward I want to go by maybe 5 mm, then move them back that amount.

And yes check your forward pressure screw on the heels, which is separate from screw that moves the bindings (on the toe)

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    When you move the schizos forward, the connecting cord can bunch up slightly. To avoid this, I overshoot how far forward I want to go by maybe 5 mm, then move them back that amount.

And yes check your forward pressure screw on the heels, which is separate from screw that moves the bindings (on the toe)
    Thanks, I'll give that a try. I did set the forward pressure when I got the skis. The screw on the heal is supposed to be flush but I backed it off a bit to make it easier to click in, set screw is out about 1/16" from flush.

Do not do that. the screw should be flush...

About 5 years ago I had Schizos mounted on some Bibbys for about 100 days of skiing.
    They developed a huge amount of side to side play, not in the boot/binding interface but between the binding and the track that it slides on. I didn't feel right trying to sell them off so in the garbage they went. Nice concept but not bomber at all.

Thanks MD. That seems to of helped.

@Katoom - 100 days is a lot. I had a pair for about 40 days without noticeable slop. Can't remember the last time I kept a pair bindings that long. Of course I tend to buy and sell skis often...