Photo TR: Angel Fire, NM

Last week, I went down to Angel Fire for a few days with a couple other maggots (Powtron and Donkey Punch) to scope the place out as a potential destination for future trips for my adventure travel company, Chasing Epic. I had been invited by the "higher ups" at the resort, since they're focusing on developing their XC trail systems and want to attract a different kind of rider than they do currently. Because of that, we were shown around by their bike park director, a kick-ass rider and super cool guy named Hogan.

Angel Fire has an incredible bike park, which is obviously an attraction already... but their XC trails are fairly underrated and very off-the-radar for being so close to Denver and ABQ. We ended up riding the South Boundary Trail from AF to Taos, a couple local "valley" trails, and then I went out with Hogan on our last day and rode some of the Elliott Barker trails that were used for the Scott Enduro. I'll put the South Boundary Trail right up there with any high-country trail in Colorado... it's absolutely incredible.

On to the pictures- taken both in the bike park (obviously) and on our trail rides.

Nice stoke. Might have to pop over the ridge.

Yew!! Nice smokan!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Looks fun.

Killer place and the SBT is awesome. Single track through alpine meadows, aspen forest, ending up in desert tech. It's got everything. Riding it in the fall colors was awesome.