Page 33 of 80 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    Funny comment about Curry running into the locker room like a scared little girl... no mention of the dagger eff you three he hit at the buzzer right before doing it?

https://streamable.com/7j5oe

That was a Steph statement game right in Westbrook's face, no KD or 4th quarter necessary. Future OKC opponents should also watch video of what the Warriors did to him with that zone defense - sometimes it feels like Kerr has been on auto pilot this year and not making as many adjustments as he could, but that was pretty clever.

https://theringer.com/steph-curry-fi...edd#.xfk2zq670

Yeah, Bill Simmons is big on the FU statements. Funny, Curry looked like vintage Mike Iupati on Taj Gibson; moved the bigger/taller dude back about 10' during the typical basketball "nobody really wants to fight" scrum.

NBA dust ups are kind of funny. Everyone's gotta look tough but no one actually wants to lose six figures over it. That's probably why Westbrook avoided Green because Green is a bit of a nut-job so who knows with guys like him.

Hey Guys! Curry hit a dagger eff you three at the buzzer!
    "You're young and you got your health, what do you want with a job?"

OKC and Houston on Sunday for all...the MVP hype?....

This is pretty cool; Dr. J at Rucker: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jK6OPqHpyWo

And just like that the Celtics are now essentially tied with the Cavs atop the East...

i figured after beating the w's last year, the cavs would win 74 games.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    And just like that the Celtics are now essentially tied with the Cavs atop the East...
    Well, as a Celtics fan, that makes me happy.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Based on their play since the break, you'd have to say the Celtics are the favorites in the East right now. But we'll see how much LeBron can turn it up during the playoffs and whether or not their defensive short-comings are merely out of boredom / lack of effort. Between Cavs / Celtics / Wizards / Toronto, the Eastern half of the playoffs are finally going to be interesting again.

Based on their play since the break, you'd have to say the Celtics are the favorites in the East right now. But we'll see how much LeBron can turn it up during the playoffs and whether or not their defensive short-comings are merely out of boredom / lack of effort. Between Cavs / Celtics / Wizards / Toronto, the Eastern half of the playoffs are finally going to be interesting again.
    ^This. All of it.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Celts wiz series would be fun.
    Decisions Decisions

I was looking forward to the Warriors / Spurs game this Wednesday since they're only 2.5 games apart... then saw they have to play the Rockets in Houston the night before. Ugh, fucking league schedule makers suck. They need to cut the regular season down to 74 - 76 games and eliminate back to backs on the road (at home is fine).

The Celtics may be favorites for the #1 seed, but Lebron has always been able to turn it on at playoff time. One more regular season game between the C's and Cavs will probably determine the top seed. It will be a fun post season, looking forward to seeing what the Celtics can do.

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    The Celtics may be favorites for the #1 seed, but Lebron has always been able to turn it on at playoff time. One more regular season game between the C's and Cavs will probably determine the top seed. It will be a fun post season, looking forward to seeing what the Celtics can do.
    C's have an easier schedule for the home stretch. And finishing first would be a big deal for that team. But Celtics favorites to make the finals? I wish. Unfortunately the C's aren't in the same class as the Cavs if Lebron and Kyrie are healthy. I hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    Read: LeBron is lazy. Seriously. I'd fire him.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Read: LeBron is lazy. Seriously. I'd fire him.
    After what happened to the Warriors last year I'm a firm believer in pacing yourself, especially with all of the miles on LeBron. (Greg Popovich is nodding somewhere). Regardless of Curry hurting his knee, if they take it easy down the stretch and win 67 games instead of 73 I think they would have won in the finals. Guys like Iggy clearly ran out of gas by the end.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

You're absolutely crazy if you think the Celts are favored to win the East over the Cavs.

The Celts are a very good team but are no where near as talented and as deep as the Cavs are. And while they're the toughest competition for Cleveland, there's no way they beat them in a 7 game series in the playoffs.
    I still call it The Jake.

I didn't say I would lay money on it... but since the all star break the Cavs have looked like shit. But again, I also said LeBron would likely turn it on during the playoffs and they've just been bored waiting for the season to end. The question is can his teammates do that after weeks of mediocre play and no defense? They're literally the worst defensive team in the league the last few months. Worse than teams that are tanking.

It's also fair to note that as of just last week is the first time all season that they've had everyone healthy (even tenuous at that as Korver sits tonight). Coach Lue is trying out lots of different lineups and guys are getting used to playing together.

Yeah, their d sucks right now but they're also saving their legs for the post season. As they say, would you rather win a game or win a series?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    You're absolutely crazy if you think the Celts are favored to win the East over the Cavs.

The Celts are a very good team but are no where near as talented and as deep as the Cavs are. And while they're the toughest competition for Cleveland, there's no way they beat them in a 7 game series in the playoffs.
    I'm a serious Celts fan and even I think this is true. If the Celts make it to the EC Finals, that will be success in my eyes.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    It's also fair to note that as of just last week is the first time all season that they've had everyone healthy (even tenuous at that as Korver sits tonight). Coach Lue is trying out lots of different lineups and guys are getting used to playing together.

Yeah, their d sucks right now but they're also saving their legs for the post season. As they say, would you rather win a game or win a series?
    They are lazy. Led by a lazy cry baby. And ya, they will most likely kick the Celtics collective asses.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    They are lazy. Led by a lazy cry baby. And ya, they will most likely kick the Celtics collective asses.
    Rehabilitated-LeeeeBron-fan me doesn't care.

Championships cure all ills.

Cavs slump is pretty extreme...losing becomes a tough habit to break after it goes on too long. Money has to be on the Warriors right now.

Of course I choose to chime in tonight as the Cavs get boat raced in SA.

They'll be fine. Or they won't. No excuse not to win at least the Eastern Conference. They have the best player in the NBA and one hell of a supporting cast.