Page 4 of 80 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Yeah, both Bogut and Barnes to the Mavs where they should do well. Ezeli is probably on the way to another team too. Will be interesting to see how the sets and chemistry work out and how Kerr deals with all the talent. Oh, and Mike Brown replacing Luke Walton. Strength to strength. Maybe I shouldn't have doubted Lacob.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post

cleveland fans probably have a sick feeling in their stomachs.
    I can't speak for every fan of the reigning NBA Champions, but I'm glad he stayed out west. I would have felt way worse had he gone to Boston or NY. The only time they'll play is twice in the regular season and in the Finals. There's still only one ball and a team only scores so many points - you won't see as many prayer 50 footers from the 73 wins and no title team - does that equate to more wins? Who knows. He makes them better I think, but will it work has yet to be seen.

It's very interesting that's for sure!
    I still call it The Jake.

67-15
    Title
    73-9
    1 minute from back to back and legendary team status

Reload - Sign Kevin Freakin Durant

Can't really ask for better entertainment than this - after so many years of pure suckage - this is awesome!

Main reasons he left:

Westbrook was his boy but he was frustrated by the lack of ball movement in an offense with RW at point. Least passes in the whole league. Just ask Ibaka about that.

When OKC traded Harden to avoid the luxury tax. Breaking up a young trio to save money.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I had that thought watching fans burn KD jerseys today. Kind of on a high horse considering they stole their franchise. And it's not like he was from around there like LeBron / Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I had that thought watching fans burn KD jerseys today. Kind of on a high horse considering they stole their franchise. And it's not like he was from around there like LeBron / Ohio.
    Totally man...I'm excited and a little nervous to see the Ws lineup in action. The zers are pretty much F'd for the next 5 years because of this. My only hope in the west is that a series of injuries sidelines both KD and Curry, otherwise I just don't see how the zers can really compete. That said, I love the move because it's a big F you to Clay Bennett and Stern for moving that franchise from Seattle. Also, sounds like Westbrook is going to tell them to pound sand by the end of the year. I could see him signing with the Fakers...maybe reunite with Love there. That would be a solid lineup that could do some work in the west.

One other thought on the KD move...I think it all goes back to OKC being cheap and not signing Harden to an extension years ago...they basically only did that to save $5m of salary and I think potentially having to pay the lux tax...but, think about it...I think had they ran that lineup back out there for the past 3-4 years they would've found a way to win at least one championship...fucking morons is all I can say about OKC...and glad that they shot themselves in the foot.

I read somewhere that Celtic fans think Westbrook would go there...but how does that make sense unless they blow up their current lineup?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

I know he's good, but I wouldn't want Harden on my team. Not just because he went to ASWho either.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    I know he's good, but I wouldn't want Harden on my team. Not just because he went to ASWho either.
    Agreed...but he seemed to be a little more willing to play D when he was on OKC and I figure his career trajectory would've been different had he stayed in OKC. Like I say though, happy he didn't since it lead to where they're at now.

Holy shit, Cavs officially followed D'wayne Wade and his wife on their Twatter accounts today!?!? WHAT CAN IT ALL MEAN!?!?

westbrook to the lakers
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Lulz

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    just silly thinking about a bunch of butthurt sooners crying because a Texan wanted to go to California.
    Pretty sure KD is from a Maryland suburb of DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Pretty sure KD is from a Maryland suburb of DC.
    PG County represent.

Anyone see Stephen A's hot take (it's well known how I feel about him) on KD leaving OKC for OAK?

It's like he can't stop himself this season.

"I'm from DC, that's all you need to know."

don't you old fucks listen to hip hop?

such a lack of culture

Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Celtics are going to Okafor from the sixers, cash in on next two years of Nets picks and rise to the top when the Sonics break up in the next few years.

It makes a lot of sense for OKC to trade Westbrook and get a young return on him now. Would love to see him go to a team in the East to make it tougher on the Cavs. Celtics is intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    It makes a lot of sense for OKC to trade Westbrook and get a young return on him now. Would love to see him go to a team in the East to make it tougher on the Cavs. Celtics is intriguing.
    I don't like the trade chips that Boston has though...but they're better than the Fakers IMO. They'd have to throw in some of the Nets picks...but then they would need to feel somewhat confident that he would stay in Boston. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the east...but since he's from LA, and all that LA has to offer, just seems like a more logical fit.

I still think the Lakers get it done somehow...they trade for Westbrook now with a package that includes Russel....they have plenty of cap space to absorb Love's contract if Cleveland wants to get rid of him....although they might want to keep him now.

D Wade to sign with the Bulls? Can't wait to hear Stephen A's hot take.

I'm on cloud 9 as a Dubs fan right now. I've loved to hate Lebron, but always had mad love for KD and Westbrook. Would've just tipped my hat to him if they'd beaten us.

Is this really the Warriors? After Hardaway and Mullin they've been hellbent on trading away mvp's. This is crazy.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    D Wade to sign with the Bulls? Can't wait to hear Stephen A's hot take.

Careful, a well placed Major League reference could send this thread on a full-steam derail.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Careful, a well placed Major League reference could send this thread on a full-steam derail.

Cavs - Dubs

Tribe - Giants?

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Cavs - Dubs

Tribe - Giants?
    Don't get me too excited!