Page 34 of 80 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    westbrook 37-13-10, and the game winner to cap a 14-0 run by okc to pull out the road win (against a shitty team).

6-9 for march qualifies as a problem if it costs you game 7 at home. getting pasted by a main challenger in march is usually overblown unless it occurs as part of said problem.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    They are lazy. Led by a lazy cry baby. And ya, they will most likely kick the Celtics collective asses.
    Not that I disagree with the cry baby part, but this did get me thinking: has any NBA player ever played as many games / minutes as LeBron has from 2007- 17 over a 10 year stretch, including post season?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Cavs slump is pretty extreme...losing becomes a tough habit to break after it goes on too long. Money has to be on the Warriors right now.
    Agreed - it's not that easy for everyone to just stop those bad habits with a snap of your fingers. LeBron can do it but not sure about his teammates. As for the Warriors, they're on a roll right now but KD is still a big question mark and working him back into the mix right as the playoffs get started could be tricky. I'd say San Antonio might be the favorites...

The flop and floor crawl last night in SA was classic Lebron. Something's wrong with that guy. Seriously. Great player, no doubt, but he ain't right in the head.

I actually don't think the Dubs or Cavs will make the finals. Just doesn't feel like either teams year.

Cavs are in deep shit. Stephen A. still thinks they're going to coast through Eastern Conference.

Oh, and Thompson is still dating a Kardashian...

It would be funny to see the finals be San Antonio against Boston after all of this talk about the inevitable Warriors vs. Cavs matchup during most of the season. I don't think the same two teams have ever met in the finals for three straight years before, so it would be a first.

Just saw LeBron's antics from last night. David Lee must be the strongest man on the planet. It's so pathetic, he needs to knock that shit off.

2016-17 NBA Thread

I was watching SA Cleveland last night live. Lebron was beyond pathetic. He shouldered Manu in the head with quite a bit of force, not on purpose I'd say, but he definitely leaned into. Foul on Manu who was just standing there.

Then they start to get more and more behind and you can tell with about 8:00 left in the third that Lebron is coming back out with a vengeance and all of his coaching skills in full opera... 3 or 4 minutes later they are more behind and he's ineffective and you can see it on his face. Then the "shot" to the back came and I knew it was coming. Even if he did get a stiff back the most physically imposing guy crawls back to the monitor to try to get Lee ejected for a shot to the head. Then he got to sit and watch his team lose.

The story last night was that SA looked undeniably, incredibly good. I hope Draymond and Leonard get after it post season. I think those two are in the top 8 players in the league as a total package.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Lebron has made the finals the last 6 years. His team has been the #1 seed twice in that span. His teams are 12-3 versus #1 seeds. Celtics will stir some shit up if they play the Cavs though.

I think the Spurs beat the Cavs handily in the finals. After a tough series versus the Warriors, Spurs roll over the Cavs 4-2 in a series in which Leonard outperforms Lebron in both basketball prowess (just barely) and likability (by a mile). Cavs win two on monster games from their stars but the series isn't as close as the score.

At least consider the thought that the East is a cakewalk compared to the West, and either the Warriors or the Thunder even beating the Raptors in the finals after the battle to get there would have been remarkable.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

2016-17 NBA Thread

Watching Houston sucks. They have 31 FTs in the first 33 mins against Dubs (and are still behind)
    Last edited by 54-46; 03-28-2017 at 08:17 PM.

Curry keeps making these MVP candidates look bad.

Rockets shoot 39 FTs and lose by 7 at home to Dubs. Curry had to sit a lot with fouls (he still scored 32 with 10 rebs and 7 assists in only 33 mins)

Like pulling teeth watching the Rockets play negatively to draw fouls. Harden had triple double but was 5/20.

Shittiest called game by the refs I've seen in a few months.

Apparently if you fart within five feet of Harden it's a foul. What a joke... glad they don't call it that way in the post season.

Please let Leonard win the MVP...
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Dubs play in SA for the 6th time in a row on a SEGABABA. Who does these schedules?

He thrusts the beard like he's getting hit every time and it's a foul.

That is the worst style of basketball I've ever seen. It's nearly cheating. I get it's within the rules, but it's not in the spirit of the rule- and it's fucking boring basketball. Isn't the idea of a shooting foul that if you are in the act of shooting and a defender touches you in way that alters that shot, then you get to the line? Running into the defender with no intention of shooting and then flailing your arms in a semi-shooting manner... that's bush. Harden is no MVP.

^^^That's my personal opinion as well. Also: rumors of Curry's death were greatly exaggerated.
    edit to add dagger 3:
    Last edited by plugboots; 03-29-2017 at 12:59 PM.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

That Steph Curry guy is actually pretty good.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Kobe Bryant started the, "your arm is on my and I'm gonna wrap it up and shoot. I thought it was dirty back then. Hell, you could just be holding your arm out in front of you and he'd sweep it up "in a shooting motion."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Kobe is the one of the greatest. The beard is not.... How often did Kobe get to the line? The beard it fucking pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    ^^^That's my personal opinion as well. Also: rumors of Curry's death were greatly exaggerated.
    edit to add dagger 3:
    that shot was just silly

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    He thrusts the beard like he's getting hit every time and it's a foul.
    maybe this whole absurd statistical aberration of westbrook and harden is a league conspiracy.

57-13-11 in ot win on the road. 30 footer with 7 seconds left to send it to ot. 7 of 12 pts and 4 boards in ot.

8-2 in the last 10, .5 game out of 5th, 2 out of 4th.
    Last edited by wyeaster; 03-29-2017 at 08:23 PM.

Westy MVP.

Dubs crushed it after they got down 22-3...

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Westy MVP.

Dubs crushed it after they got down 22-3...
    must be a demoralizing loss at home for spurs