Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    I am actually volunteering at my trailhead to educate mtnbikers, and hikers. I usually don't ride weekends anyways, so I will sit there for a few hours and make sure people understand protocol of passing and overall how not to be a jerk on the trail.

Thank you for taking one for the team, as it were. Please let us know how the message is received.

The Local Bike group here had a woman who was a hiker complain about being run off of a local trail by a biker who yelled, "Fatty get out of my way".

Damn near has started a lynch mob in search of the rider. The hiker was pretty good about the whole thing and accepted apologies from the folks with GVBC. Still, one asshole tars us all with the same brush.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    And thanks for your crazed rant creaky. I learned two new words today; solipsism and illeism.
    You actually learned a bit more about satire, the kind of thing you can't learn from Kelvin Bizarre, because he only knows steal-and-pass-off/over-as-own. Kelvin's "satire" is lifted from cf/uc history on TGR and many other places under many other handles.

As to illeism, please don't assume I'm not aware of how my posts can be misunderstood by people stupid enough to think Kelvin Bizarre is honest and not copying me nor taking credit for my comedy as if it were his own. Also, please don't pretend I'd use such a pretentious word as "illeism," that's the sort of thing Dunfee or Lindahl would do.

Thanks, though, for calling it a "crazed rant." When a person with a 75 Stanford-Binet thinks he can assess "crazy" in someone he never met -- you know, like RootSkier and kidwoo and rontele and rideit and Joetron/etc have done for over a decade now -- I can sit back and laugh at the mental midget thinking himself a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by bunion View Post
    The Local Bike group here had a woman who was a hiker complain about being run off of a local trail by a biker who yelled, "Fatty get out of my way".
    Wait -- stuckie moved back to Bozo and got a gender-swap surgery and now hikes instead of fantasizing about riding a bike?

In other news, who'd like to explain the exact basis behind Ryan "CORE BRO! SOOOOO CORE!" Dunfee being completely ignorant of Van the Man's history? And how on that basis, Dunfee is the Home Office Expert on all "action sports" for Maggotworld, despite being a total eedjit rookie who can't ride a bike but surely can get a new $10k one every 3 months as the Home Office Expert.

Can someone do that?
    Last edited by creaky fossil; 06-21-2016 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bunion View Post
    Thank you for taking one for the team, as it were. Please let us know how the message is received.

Sorry for laughing.....that is ridiculous.

There's definitely a growth in bros just riding like assholes everywhere on public trails. Seems like a lot of matching kit and eyewear combos that go along with it. I get passed by more and more of that shit climbing up trails lately. I usually just scream at them for sucking and going so slow. But yeah, total pricks, don't change lines, don't slow down....... There are a few times that if I were not a mountainbiker well aware of how fast some sections of trail are, I'd get nailed. Or at least shocked into a heart attack at the last second.

I go fast on public trails all the time. I'm just very picky about the days and times of day I'll do it, and in the rare occasion I do see one, I slow down and not look like I'm trying to freakin kill them. Other days, it's good to have some non public stuff around.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Sorry for laughing.....that is ridiculous.

There's definitely a growth in bros just riding like assholes everywhere on public trails. Seems like a lot of matching kit and eyewear combos that go along with it. I get passed by more and more of that shit climbing up trails lately. I usually just scream at them for sucking and going so slow. But yeah, total pricks, don't change lines, don't slow down....... There are a few times that if I were not a mountainbiker well aware of how fast some sections of trail are, I'd get nailed. Or at least shocked into a heart attack at the last second.
    When there is a slow friend behind them, or a nice friend who actually slows down for me climbing, I tell them, "Your friend is an asshole". I'm guessing there is a 99% chance the word gets passed on. (The 1% is when they are two guys who happen to be riding the same trail at the same time and don't know each other, ha)

They do seem to come in pairs...... Hmmm.

Maybe riding like asses is an expression of love in the bromance brewing between.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

To the A- hole who knocked me over on Blackmore lake trail as he flew by on his mountain bike, yelling "Outta the way fattie".. Thanks for seeing if I was ok because I wasnt. I scraped my leg rolled my ankle as I went down. BAD!! As in swollen as big as a softball in secs bad.. I really hope you are reading this.. I hope karma gives you heaping dose when she catches up. I have Cushing's Disease (look it up) I am bigger for a reason, amd I least my fattie butt does 10-20 miles in hikes a week. Thank you to the gentlemen who helped me down the mountain. If you are reading this, you have no idea how relieved, I was you came along.. Thank you for the ace wrap and stick!!
    The entire story.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I wish the lynch mob success!

Just to clarify, I was saying the fact that this idiot did that is ridiculous, not the story.

I called several other private school alumni from my Home Office Expert Home Office and no one knew what illeism meant. I doubt very much it's a word.

Otherwise I only skid front and back at the same time. Equal skids equals equal rights!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    I called several other private school alumni from my Home Office Expert Home Office and no one knew what illeism meant. I doubt very much it's a word.

Otherwise I only skid front and back at the same time. Equal skids equals equal rights!
    You no have Google fu?

C'mon Dunfee, look it up. We have this thing called the internet. Find it. use it. learn from it.

Illeism is the act of referring to oneself in the third person instead of first person. Illeism is sometimes used in literature as a stylistic device. In real life usage, illeism can reflect a number of different stylistic intentions or involuntary circumstances.

Kidwoo respects a thesaurus.

It helps kidwoo with endless internet diatribes that last decades.

I go fast on public trails all the time. I'm just very picky about the days and times of day I'll do it, and in the rare occasion I do see one, I slow down and not look like I'm trying to freakin kill them. Other days, it's good to have some non public stuff around.
    Exactly. If it's a holiday or weekend I'm going to ride a lot slower than on a Wednesday at 10am. I've definitely called out some friends on strava before who have ridden in my backyard way too fast for a saturday afternoon. My comment being something along the lines of "No wonder you guys have no legal singletrack in Marin. Please don't fuck this up for us."

When did Creaky get a hard-on for Dunfee? Was there an important thread I missed? I've always thought he comes off around here as relatively humble...

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    When did Creaky get a hard-on for Dunfee?
    When he found out how young he is.
    Buh dum schhh

I'll be here all week folks
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Sweet

Mike Vandeman Mike Vandeman Mike Vandeman Mike Vandeman

corn
    Super trollpocalypse!

Scott Abraham Scott Abraham Scott Abraham Scott Abraham Scott Abraham

Let the shit storms begin!

Ooh, I don't know that beetlejuice. What variety of nutjob is he? The vandeman/uncle creepy variety that just repeats their own self-reflexive statements ad nauseum, or a more interesting ilk? Is that vandeman anitmatter?

The google just tells me he's a sharp looking young sports reporter on ABC.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    C'mon Dunfee, look it up. We have this thing called the internet. Find it. use it. learn from it.

Illeism is the act of referring to oneself in the third person instead of first person. Illeism is sometimes used in literature as a stylistic device. In real life usage, illeism can reflect a number of different stylistic intentions or involuntary circumstances.
    El Chupacabra thought it referred to the societal need to place "illest" stickers all over a WRX.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Kidwoo respects a thesaurus.

It helps kidwoo with endless internet spats he began himself but blames on his target, whom he's been jealous of for decades.
    I know, Fonz.

You were wrrr....wrrrr....wrrrr.....

Come on, Fonz. You can say it.

uncle creepy
    Yeah there it is. You've never met me, but you feel comfy alleging that paedo status anyway. Good job Fonz. Defamation is what all the 40 year olds who can't handle being 40 do, isn't it?

I bet you have at least 5 neighbors who are plastic surgeons. You can always go get a facelift so the roofie + facelifted visage combo nets you some sweet twinks at the lakeside bar, bro-softie!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    I know, and I doubt very much that kidwoo can admit he's been wrong. At least both of you still have that Idle Rich thing going for you. Yee haw, 'n' shit.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    When did Creaky get a hard-on for Dunfee? Was there an important thread I missed? I've always thought he comes off around here as relatively humble...
    Ahhh, that old Juvenile Inversion Humor! So clever!

Maybe it's the way Professor Dumb-Fee-Been-Paid-Yo! acts the hero while being the prat? You know, like stuckie? Acting wise, seasoned and expert when he's a greenstick who has money but no skill or sense? Like stuckie?

Or like kidwoo when it comes to writing, comedy, and anything else besides "I raced BMX as a kid."

I do find it interesting how many of you want me to be gay. Why is it that so many of you really want badly for me to be gay?
    Last edited by creaky fossil; 06-22-2016 at 08:36 AM.

"Hard-on" was a substitute for obsessed, you're being a little too literal for TGR.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Super trollpocalypse!

Scott Abraham

Let the shit storms begin!

Ooh, I don't know that beetlejuice. What variety of nutjob is he? The vandeman/uncle creepy variety that just repeats their own self-reflexive statements ad nauseum, or a more interesting ilk? Is that vandeman anitmatter?

The google just tells me he's a sharp looking young sports reporter on ABC.
    Old ski board nutjob. Before my time but he gets mentioned occasionally on here so I've heard the story a couple times. Death threats were involved
    http://www.wired.com/1999/11/usenet-...lippery-slope/

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post

Old ski board nutjob. Before my time but he gets mentioned occasionally on here so I've heard the story a couple times. Death threats were involved
    http://www.wired.com/1999/11/usenet-...lippery-slope/

Sweet jesus.

If only they knew in 1999 what they were headed for.

"I want to get the ACLU involved. This is an abuse of the Constitution. I think the judge thought she was making a petty ruling on a misdemeanor, but she unwittingly stepped into the deep doo-doo of Internet censorship."

Oh the oppression!