Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    You wanna do it for me?? I was too lazy to deal with shortening the dropper post hose but only the internet bikers have noticed so far .

But yeah, let's go ride!
    Haha. I had my first reverb hose wrapped around my bar for about 6mo.

Now, I'm contractually obligated to not work on products from Es-Ram Corp.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Nobody ever called me smart, but what is the black triangle on the top tube?
    The place where he holds the reading comprehension from earlier in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by bsavery View Post
    External hard drive for storing the best forum insults directed at me. Also doubles as Bluetooth speaker.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    External hard drive for storing the best forum insults directed at me. Also doubles as Bluetooth speaker.
    Oh, you are one of those guys that play music as they ride. people must love that about you.

Quote Originally Posted by bsavery View Post
    Fuck, I thought that was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Oh, you are one of those guys that play music as they ride. people must love that about you.
    Quoted to get the word out...nobody likes "that guy".

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    well, it's not like he goes by 'muted'.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Check yer pivot and shock bolts regularly.
    I think I saw 3 guys over the course of practice and race day at the Moab Enduro Cup messing around with one of the 300 pieces of hardware on that frame.
    You mean the chainring bolts that they are passing off as pivot bolts in an attempt to re-coup some of the absurd weight gains associated with having 14 pivots?

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    well, it's not like he goes by 'muted'.
    Maybe he does press mute as he goes by people.

Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    Quoted to get the word out...nobody likes "that guy".
    A friend of mine has become "that guy." It's become a point of contention.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    A friend of mine has become "that guy." It's become a point of contention.
    Been playing with how good or bad of an idea this is. Way more fun than a bell for alerting area Bears, for sure. Also good for hikers to hear me coming, although I will always stop, wait for my group to amass, and then pass as respectfully as possible with the thing muted if we're on a downhill. Always trying to defend the good name of mountain biking, although some of you may doubt it
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Honest question, why does it need six bolts on the pivot? Its there something unique going on there?

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Honest question, why does it need six bolts on the pivot? Its there something unique going on there?
    I think it's so you can flip the chip they attach to around to get a slacker head angle and lower Bb. It's a triangle piece so three bolts needed to hold in place. I swapped it the other week and it was super easy though.

FWIW, just swapped out the bushings in the top shock pivot on my Following with the RWC needle bearings ($35), HUGE upgrade in performance and feel from the rear of the bike now. Way silkier and can keep the shock pumped up relatively firm to make the most of corners and jumps while climbing it's incredibly supple off the top and janky shit just disappears. Highly recommend!

Also extended the Pike to 140mm, swapped in some RWC hi-glide seals, and flipped the flip chip to High. Really liking how it's feeling so far.