Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    According to Lou, Eldora will be charging $150 for an uphill access season pass. Pass holders will have to pay an extra $99 - to not use the lifts they already paid for.

Also, uphilling will be limited to operational hours.

Here's the post: https://www.wildsnow.com/20881/ski-t...ember-housing/

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Is that some kind of joke? Apparently not. That is really disappointing.

^^^ that is ridiculous!

Eldora ... being dragged (kicking and screaming) into the 21st century :-(

... Thom
    Galibier Design

I will bet that charging for uphill access will only be the beginning of the joy arising from powder corp management. After all, it takes a special kind of managerial skill to forget to renew your 100 year sweetheart deal. On a day to day basis expect maintenance to be put off until something breaks, and lifts to open late. Oh yes, and you can expect prices to continually climb as your skiing experience diminishes.
    Last edited by snojones; 09-18-2016 at 08:25 AM. Reason: poorly written

Eldora is so mismanaged it is absolutely pathetic.

I have some ideas about the resort

1- Build a terrain park to attract Boulder college kids. How the fuck do they not have 1???

2- night skiing at said terrain park.

3- wind fences on corona.

= Profit ??

Agreed. All 3 are no-brainers.

I'm not the least bit jibby, but at the same time, I recognize a money making opportunity (terrain park - so close to Bouulder) which will benefit the operation and (indirectly) all of its customers.

Instead (taking a warming planet into consideration), they look to expand downward in altitude & on a Southern face. Where's that hand-slapping forehead emoji

... Thom
    Galibier Design

I always thought Eldo could put in some lights on the XC trails and sell a night pass. It wouldn't take much infrastructure investment, a few thousand I'm guessing, and some operational investment in staff, to pull this off. With all the crazy Boulderites down the hill, many would buy a pass for that. And you could run some weeknight race series events, etc.

That place just continues to miss the boat. The uphill travel is a step forward, but charging more than a nominal fee makes it only a tiny step forward.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I'm dumbfounded that no one has yet mentioned a mountain summit topless bar built on a rotating foundation for an improvement.

Don't wait for the Utah-link to build one on top of Superior via tram service Colorado. #thatshitisgoingtohappen
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Sugar Bowl charges for an uphill pass out here, but it's free for season passholders. Tacking on an additional charge is the worst kind of stupidity.

Danno, Boreal has a pretty great light/park system (in the winter, not really big enough for MTB stuff in summer). I'd think they'd be smart enough to do that with Eldora. (ETA: Same owners.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

https://www.eldora.com/woodward/

woodward clinics at eldora.