Sublingual Allergy Therapy

Anyone have experience with this? Under tongue allergy drops used in place of shots. Used to build up tolerance to environmental and possibly food allergies.

I got sold by a local doc to give it a try to cure my nasty spring, summer and fall allergies. Planning on starting next wk. I don't have any expectations and the treatment isn't going to break my bank.

Anything I should know regarding this stuff?

Anyone ever use it for food allergies?

I assume since you're going to an allergy doc that you've tried pills, nasal steroids, etc. I have no experience with this--personal or professional--but reading about it it sounds legit. I would have thought Tetons would be pretty allergy free--mine were really bad in Sacramento but gone in Truckee. Shows what I know.

I have lots of experience with allergy shots. I did it for years as a kid and again for a couple years in my 20's. Waste of time for me. NO effect whatsoever. Pills have too many side effects (drowsiness, increase in sinus infections) and don't work well. Nasal steroids are extremely effective for me. I still have symptoms but much reduced.

Edit to add: I have no food allergies, but last time I had a prick test (go ahead, make all the jokes you want, your welcome) I had a reaction to 37 of the 40 allergens the stuck under my skin. Apparently I'm not allergic to a few trees.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I assume since you're going to an allergy doc that you've tried pills, nasal steroids, etc. I have no experience with this--personal or professional--but reading about it it sounds legit. I would have thought Tetons would be pretty allergy free--mine were really bad in Sacramento but gone in Truckee. Shows what I know.
    Yup. Tried everything. Allergens are all over the Tetons! The Doc I see is legit. He's not an allergist but I went and saw the local allergist also and had a chat about this strategy. They both use a company out of WI called Allergy Choices. Figured it can't hurt to try. After the initial blood test, (about $500), the drops are 99/bottle. 3mo supply.

From what I've read it seems pretty sound but you can find any answer you're looking for on the internet!

I'll report back after a while of using the drops. Fingers crossed I can finally stop gushing snot.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I have lots of experience with allergy shots. I did it for years as a kid and again for a couple years in my 20's. Waste of time for me. NO effect whatsoever. Pills have too many side effects (drowsiness, increase in sinus infections) and don't work well. Nasal steroids are extremely effective for me. I still have symptoms but much reduced.

Edit to add: I have no food allergies, but last time I had a prick test (go ahead, make all the jokes you want, your welcome) I had a reaction to 37 of the 40 allergens the stuck under my skin. Apparently I'm not allergic to a few trees.
    I am allergic everything living and dead too with the exception of a couple trees. Fucking allergies have been making summer a time of suffering. Good to know I'm not the only one getting bent over everything related to summer!