Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Jason you've posted more than a few sweet TRs full of pics, stories, and stoke.

KansasBoarder was just saying last week about how this place went downhill ever since it became vogue for some JONG to pop in, post a "TR" with a quick blurb, 2 or 3 pics and a link to their personal blog.

I hope you aren't switching to that modus operandi.
    He posted considerably more than a link to his blog. And he's not some jong. Give the guy a break summit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Jason you've posted more than a few sweet TRs full of pics, stories, and stoke.

KansasBoarder was just saying last week about how this place went downhill ever since it became vogue for some JONG to pop in, post a "TR" with a quick blurb, 2 or 3 pics and a link to their personal blog.

I hope you aren't switching to that modus operandi.
    When I posted this story, I wanted to share it in a format I liked. My thoughts were that if someone went to the effort to press the link, they'd read the story rather than look at the images and move on. To be honest, I usually don't press on a link either. It's usually self gratuitous...I'm better than everyone else, etc., but I wanted the story to look good. It wasn't a TR I threw together in a few hours...this took 80 hours to write and edit the imagery and words. After writing 100's of stories, I figured those that knew me would click through and read. If others did, great! I'm glad you did. Moreover, these stories have always been a way for me to give back to the community in a format that wasn't abbreviated...such as a magazine would have...or seen months from now. It makes the story more personal. I have more leeway. But...being a photographer is my full time job, my only source of income. Giving these stories away to the community for instant gratification isn't the best business decision, at least in any tangible way, but I've always said to hell with that. So, while in my RV, about to go mountain biking, I made a quick post with a link, rather than cherry picking a few images to go with the words.

I'll probably post links at times and continue to put entire stories with imagery on TGR. As for TGR going downhill, most online communities are suffering from Facebook and other 'instant' gratification platforms like twitter and instagram and stuff I haven't even heard of. That's another reason for having a story on my own webpage. I'm in control of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unemployed View Post
    When I posted this story, I wanted to share it in a format I liked. My thoughts were that if someone went to the effort to press the link, they'd read the story rather than look at the images and move on. To be honest, I usually don't press on a link either. It's usually self gratuitous...I'm better than everyone else, etc., but I wanted the story to look good. It's wasn't a TR I threw together in a few hours...this took 80 hours to write and edit the imagery and words. After writing 100's of stories, I figured those that knew me would click through and read. If others did, great! I'd glad you did. Moreover, these stories have always been a way for me to give back to the community in a format that wasn't abbreviated...such as a magazine would have...or seen months from now. It makes the story more personal. I have more leeway. But...being a photographer is my full time job, my only source of income. Giving these stories away to the community for instant gratification isn't the best business decision, at least in any tangible way. So, while in my RV, about to go mountain biking, I made a quick post with a link, rather than cherry picking a few images. I'll probably post links at times and continue to put entire stories with imagery on TGR. As for TGR going downhill, most online communities are suffering from Facebook and other 'instant' gratification platforms like twitter and instagram and stuff I haven't even heard of. That's another reason for having a story on my own webpage. I'm in control of it.
    Fair enough... your layout and presentation is extremely well done!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Keep on doing what you're doing Jason. Awesome write up!!

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Keep on doing what you're doing Jason. Awesome write up!!
    Will do. Hopefully another ski trip in my blood before the snow melts.

Summit,

Thanks. I'm not a big poster here, but when I do post something, I make sure it is full value

Here's a short video of the trip for a different perspective:

My website with this story linked in the original post was hacked. The story is still up, but the formatting of the imagery is toast as I had to reinstall, etc. Anyhow, working on fixing that eventually.

right on>a real adventure! great job and awesome pics
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz