Middle Fork Salmon beta?

Launching on MFS in a week June 8. Looks like the super high water is over and expecting flows 4-4.5 feet.

Never been, definitely planning on taking a rod or two. I'll be rowing solo, so fishing will be from camp. Any advice on fishing MFS this early in season? I'm a streamer junky. Not much into nymphing unless I have to. Can I expect any hatches?

44 trips on the MFS.

Probably going to be pretty sporty even at 4-4.5' which is a great level but still punchy. Do not under estimate the first 5-10 miles. Lots of unnamed features that can surprise you. Murphs Hole is in the 1st mile and has flipped more boats that just about anything else downstream.

Take along a bunch or orange and yellow Simulators and some stonefly nymphs. I never really threw streamers but there are plenty of deep holes that could harbor some big fish.

Should be quite a few salmon and golden stoneflies around and about and the fish in the Middle Fork are mostly dumb and not over fished.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Sweet thanks. I packed a variety of stimis, salmonfly, and caddis. Along with a whole lot of other stuff...

Leaving tomo! Flows are 4.5' today, which still seems plenty stout. Was hoping to run my super puma, but 15' E-series gets the nod for gear capacity this trip.

Long time guide buddy just got off and said the bottom was running more like 5.5' and had a blast.

I took off Saturday. Caught a lot of Cuttys on caddis flies. Adult Salmonflies were hatching from Camas Creek downstream. Kreelex was streamer of choice. Whitewater was great, Loon, Cams, Waterfall Creek and Big Creek were definitely kicking in more water than the streams above the gauge, so the lower river was running higher than what the Middle Fork Lodge gauge indicated.

Headed over tomorrow for our launch on Monday. Current gauge height is 2.9 ft. I'm planning on bringing my 12' boat but we have enough boats if I leave it at home. Am I gonna be in over my head in my little boat or is it doable at these flows? I'm only bringing it because I want to row through the fun stuff and not get stuck a princess while someone else has all the fun.

Any word on the fishing in recent weeks?