Page 248 of 255 FirstFirst ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... LastLast
Results 6,176 to 6,200 of 6353
    The Aztek tent doesn't look great (the entryway hoop looks to be made from the kind of pole set used on very cheap tents), but at least the fabric is reasonably taut throughout. Whereas with the Tesla tent, its biggest side wall is basically draped from a tall pole arch; that's going to be terribly noisy, and probably drafty, in any kind of wind.

Serious "project car under a tarp" vibes.

Easing the transition?

The third installment of Elon's giant flying phallus is scheduled to launch Thursday:

I could give two shits about Tesla but SpaceX has really changed how we launch things into space. If they can get this monster Starship rocket running as reliably as the smaller Falcon9, it could be HUGE for space exploration.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    The third installment of Elon's giant flying phallus is scheduled to launch Thursday:

I could give two shits about Tesla but SpaceX has really changed how we launch things into space. If they can get this monster Starship rocket running as reliably as the smaller Falcon9, it could be HUGE for Elon's plan to create a defacto monopoly over the satellite payload business and give Starlink a massive competetive advantage
    FIFY

Just drop that space exploration bullshit already. Scientists are nearly unanimous in the opinion that choking earth's orbits with a halo of satellites and the inevitable debris will hinder real space exploration for generations to come.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    I've seen nicer pickup truck tent converstions in West Oakland.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

snort

The truck-bed tent thing is kind of pathetic even if it wasn't a droopy piece of shit, even if they'd designed it to resemble the original angular mock-up. They think they're marketing to outdoors enthusiast buyers, but it's a niche accessory, at best. As I recall from two decades ago, seeing the Aztek marketing with that hatch-tent as its centerpiece (right at the time when I was about to buy a new car to support my outdoors lifestyle, and actually I didn't even care what the damn thing looked like) precious few people who actually camp have any interest in pitching a tent in the particular spot where they've crammed all their gear.

I’m pretty sure that the people that designed that tent and developed it aren’t the kind that go camping.

^ That’s what I’m saying. They’re clueless. And their best hope is that there are enough buyers who are similarly clueless.

shouldn’t play with snakes in the first place…

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    ^ That’s what I’m saying. They’re clueless. And their best hope is that there are enough buyers who are similarly clueless.
    isn’t it just marketing like track times? The biggest disadvantage imo is the places where you would want to and could legally* do it are far from chargers (and gas stations).

*bunch of trailheads/parking lots/whatever where people bivy in the bed aren’t legal to do so, or weren’t. The huge tent thing spoils the ruse.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    isn’t it just marketing like track times? The biggest disadvantage imo is the places where you would want to and could legally* do it are far from chargers (and gas stations).

*bunch of trailheads/parking lots/whatever where people bivy in the bed aren’t legal to do so, or weren’t. The huge tent thing spoils the ruse.
    Eh, "far from chargers" is relative. Most trailheads I've been to that are a pain to get to are still well within the round-trip range of some kind of town that should have charging capabilities before too long. Not a big deal; I even talked to a guy who did Saline Valley (50 miles of dirt each way, plus some remote pavement getting to the dirt) in a Model S (though he was nervous about the 5000' of gain drive out).

And yeah, pictures of a vehicle in a sequoia grove with a mocked-up tent system is marketing. It's just stupid marketing. If they want to play up the C-Truck's outdoors cred, show it with a big beefy roof rack with some hard-shell kayaks and bikes on it, and a bunch of other gear in the bed. That big beefy roof-rack could also support a beefy RTT for people want that sort of thing. Oh right, that won't work on a Cybertruck because Elon's 1980s sci-fi design, that he drew up on a napkin while high, dictates that the vehicle have a sharp pointy top instead of a roofline.

Pretty sure that original tent wasn’t a mock up, just an artist’s rendition.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Eh, "far from chargers" is relative. Most trailheads I've been to that are a pain to get to are still well within the round-trip range of some kind of town that should have charging capabilities before too long. Not a big deal; I even talked to a guy who did Saline Valley (50 miles of dirt each way, plus some remote pavement getting to the dirt) in a Model S (though he was nervous about the 5000' of gain drive out).

And yeah, pictures of a vehicle in a sequoia grove with a mocked-up tent system is marketing. It's just stupid marketing. If they want to play up the C-Truck's outdoors cred, show it with a big beefy roof rack with some hard-shell kayaks and bikes on it, and a bunch of other gear in the bed. That big beefy roof-rack could also support a beefy RTT for people want that sort of thing. Oh right, that won't work on a Cybertruck because Elon's 1980s sci-fi design, that he drew up on a napkin while high, dictates that the vehicle have a sharp pointy top instead of a roofline.
    I got a double flat up in the Trinity Alps once, it’s left memories of how far from anything you can be even in CAn know someone who had to jury rig charging for their model s too

big burly roof things reduce range.
    Last edited by dunfree ; 03-13-2024 at 02:52 PM.

Tesla under 170 today.

Here's Elon looking fit for his fight with Zuck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elonChubs.JPG 
Views:	146 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	490378

This Don Lemon drama is not surprising but incredibly entertaining. I can't wait to watch the interview on YouTube on Monday.

Elon is a full spectrum tard genius boy wannabe.

No surprise here

https://philanthropynewsdigest.org/n...tion-Shortfall

A significant portion of the foundation’s donations has been directed towards initiatives associated with Musk himself, including his non-profit school project, Ad Astra. Despite its noble intentions, Ad Astra has faced criticism for allegedly favoring admission for the children of SpaceX executives over lower-ranking employees.

While Musk has emphasized the transformative potential of his for-profit ventures like Tesla and SpaceX, critics argue that his personal philanthropic contributions remain disproportionately small compared to his immense wealth.

“Tesla has done more to help the environment than all other companies combined,” Musk said last year. “As a leader of the company, I’ve done more for the environment than any single human on earth.”
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    The lower the stock goes the angrier he gonna get. There’s no reason it can’t be a $50 stock.
    Working its way there. 163 today on my tracker.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    FIFY

Just drop that space exploration bullshit already. Scientists are nearly unanimous in the opinion that choking earth's orbits with a halo of satellites and the inevitable debris will hinder real space exploration for generations to come.
    And how do you feel about the van allen belts.
    Asking for a friend.

PS yep. Low earth orbit is full of shit. And more shit every day.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Scientists are nearly unanimous in the opinion that choking earth's orbits with a halo of satellites and the inevitable debris will hinder real space exploration for generations to come.
    Im no rocket scientist, but its doesnt seem too futuristic to just send up a fleet of drone sattelites to go around nudging the debris and dead sattelites out of orbit into space? Wouldnt take much of a nudge.

Basically, just send up space roomba's that nudge instead of suck.

Technically the starlink satellites are designed to de-orbit and burn up on reentry once they reach end of life. Apparently this has already happened (successfully)

.... and that way we recover all those precious metals ....... eventually.

Just have Lord Helmet deploy Mega Maid.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Im no rocket scientist, but its doesnt seem too futuristic to just send up a fleet of drone sattelites to go around nudging the debris and dead sattelites out of orbit into space? Wouldnt take much of a nudge.

Basically, just send up space roomba's that nudge instead of suck.

JFC he’s resurrecting the Reagan space pebble bullshit.