Page 250 of 255 FirstFirst ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,250 of 6355
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    https://www.npr.org/2019/01/16/68605...rder-crossings

people like Elon are cheating the system working illegally and overstaying. i’m all for fixing the process but that can’t just be for people who arrive via the southern border, especially with people like elon or melania that shouldn’t be able to pass a character test.
    My point is that the majority aren’t degenerates, and they aren’t ‘stealing’ American jobs.

sure, but sometimes they do, like elon and melania. in fact the ones that arrive via plane probably have a much better chance of doing so than those at the southern border that people like elon complain about. maybe we should just have a system that tracks and treats everyone fairly to provide some sort of path and punishments for wrong doing.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

1992 elon attends upenn on student visa

1994 he begins working in the us after dropping out of college. these are now “internships” on wiki. he admits to trying to get a job illegally at netscape at the same time even though he wouldn’t have been eligible to work. good on netscape for rejecting him.

there is no legal path from college dropout to zip2 on a student visa. where is the outrage over these undocumented people stealing opportunities from Americans?
    Or?
    He’s a spook.
    Selected “leader” of the next great black ops project.
    . . .

sure, but sometimes they do, like elon and melania. in fact the ones that arrive via plane probably have a much better chance of doing so than those at the southern border that people like elon complain about. maybe we should just have a system that tracks and treats everyone fairly to provide some sort of path and punishments for wrong doing.
    Weirdly, the people who talk about immigrants being criminal drug addicts who are stealing American jobs aren’t, in general, out there advocating for greatly increasing legal immigration.

Edit: And not clear, but are you saying highly educated immigrants are stealing good paying American jobs? Cause again, that’s not how it works.

Tangent, but my Indian coworker who was on an H1B told me that every country gets the same number of green cards per year. That is, we allocate the same number of annual green cards to Indian immigrants that we do to immigrants from Finland. So if you're coming from Finland, the wait is miniscule, but if you're in the line for Indian nationals, you will wait literally decades.

He and his wife took their four degrees to Canada and got permanent residency there in like a year.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    that every country gets the same number of green cards per year. That is, we allocate the same number of annual green cards to Indian immigrants that we do to immigrants from Finland.
    A slight correction to this. Not all green card applications are affected by this.

Spouses, parents, and children under 21 – of U.S. citizens are completely outside this annual cap and make up the majority of green cards that are issued.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Saw a Cyber Truck today for the first time. Ugliest vehicle I’ve ever seen. Why would anyone ever buy that thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Saw a Cyber Truck today for the first time. Ugliest vehicle I’ve ever seen. Why would anyone ever buy that thing?

It’s the EV equivalent of the douche bags with the big trucks with wheel spacers jacked up that then can’t tow shit without squatting their dumb ass lifted 1 ton trucks…

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Because they are city nerds who have no fucking clue about trucks and they think this ridiculous attempt at masculinity will help them finally lose their virginity at Burning Man.

Because:

1. It totally sucks off road. The body is too stiff and once one wheel lifts of the ground, all the power goes uselessly to the wheel in the air. Tesla engineers didn't think it needed to have have locking differentials.

2. The bed is practically worthless for people who actually need to move large items.

3. Despite boasting a 5 ton towing capacity, if a cybertruck tows just 1/3 of that capacity, its range plummets to a meager 160 miles. Yes, that's a mere 160 miles over flat ground in warm weather. Of course, if it's cold and the terrain isn't level....well, you probably won't even get 120 miles down the road. That's why it needs it's own $3000 cybertent. Because if you actually try to tow a RV, you're totally fucked on range.

4. Bulletproof but not stain resistant. Well, that really says it all, doesn't it. The people who buy this piece of shit have priorities that make sense in some weirdass fantasy land.

Short answer is "the lulz"

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    4. Bulletproof but not stain resistant. Well, that really says it all, doesn't it. The people who buy this piece of shit have priorities that make sense in some weirdass fantasy land.
    Hadn't ever seen one til a week ago, and now I've seen three of them since. The one yesterday had a full wrap on it. Probably a good move to avoid rust/stains.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Hadn't ever seen one til a week ago, and now I've seen three of them since. The one yesterday had a full wrap on it. Probably a good move to avoid rust/stains.
    You can get them wrapped from the factory for the low low price of $6000-$6500.

Instead of paying to wrap it
    Isn’t it better not to put your dick in crazy?
    . . .

https://insideevs.com/news/711036/te...A5My4wLjAuMA..

Elmo's truck don't tug. Gist of it is that contrary to Elmo claims (and video submitted by Elmo of a Elmo-truck towing a Ford). The Elmo truck won't tug even a little bit. Damn. Guess I shan't buy an Elmo-truck now.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Instead of paying to wrap it
    Isn’t it better not to put your dick in crazy?
    I'm agreeing with a core shot post. Truly Elon makes everything possible.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post

Elmo's truck don't tug. Gist of it is that contrary to Elmo claims (and video submitted by Elmo of a Elmo-truck towing a Ford). The Elmo truck won't tug even a little bit. Damn. Guess I shan't buy an Elmo-truck now.
    If it won’t tug buy it a pony.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post

So it can't drag a truck, no big deal

What is more concerning, is the conclusion that the truck can get under such a load that the drivetrain cuts out.

I'd hate to be driving up a steep hill in a very heavy truck and find out that I'm putting too much pressure on the drivetrain so it just start rolling backwards...

Quote Originally Posted by ironhippy View Post
    I'd hate to be driving up a steep hill in a very heavy truck and find out that I'm putting too much pressure on the drivetrain so it just start rolling backwards...
    Try braking to avoid breaking?

The kind of person to buy a cyber truck is the kind of person who buys a G-wagon and then gets an obnoxious wrap or paintjob. Usually attention seekers who dont really care that much about the capabilities of their car... more that they get noticed for the car, questioned about their car, and it can act as a prop in their curated SM lifestyle.

“No, you fucking asshole, this is what freedom of speech is about.
    Federal judge tosses Elon Musk’s case against hate speech watchdog in excoriating rebuke

Not that Elon cares.

Saw my first one in the wild. Looks even dumber in person.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0110.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	248.8 KB 
ID:	492171

Name:	IMG_0111.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	230.0 KB 
ID:	492172

I am not a car person by any measure and rarely have an opinion about what vehicles look like but I really fucking hope this isn't what the future has in store for us in terms of esthetics. Those angles are brutalizing my eyes and brain. Damn thing looks like a stainless steel NES controller, I'd be annoyed if my fridge looked that angular.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

The fat and dumb delorean is fat and dumb.

But at least it's not another soulless 4 door highway queen SUV that looks like every other one on the road. Five points for being different.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

Saw one yesterday that was wrapped. Somehow it was even worse than the stainless steel.

I don't like it, but i think it's great that they have a design that's unique.

On the other hand the practicality of a 9000 lbs truck is questionable

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Free speech absolutism means the freedom to frivolously sue people to keep them from speaking freely:

Name:	75B28348-DD84-4408-B3F7-7CBCCEA3654A.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	318.3 KB 
ID:	492278

https://bsky.app/profile/brucearthur.../3kommsohykv2w