Feeler WTB: Small Full Suspension Trail Bike

Got a buddy looking to replace his wife's bike with something nicer than the 2006 Trek 6700 WSD hardtail she's riding now. Go ahead, look it up and have a chuckle. She's short and will need an XS or S frame. He's not exactly sure what he'd like to spend, I think it depends on what the bike is. Let's say $1k plus or minus $250.

26" wheels are fine. 4-5" travel preferred. Geometry that encourages progression would be good. She's a solid rider but doesn't push hard, probably because her current bike would get sketch if she ever did. Cosmetically ugly is probably fine as long as the bike is mechanically sound. Worn/no tires would probably even be okay since he has a stack of 26" tires from his last bike.

So. Who's got what?

How firm is that 1k budget you think?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

For the right bike he might pay more.. but I really don't know. Just trying to see what's out there at the moment. Our local craigslist is garbage for bikes and I haven't found a ton of things in the other places (pinkbike, facebook classifieds group, etc). I seem to keep finding enduro/freeride type bikes in this price/size range and definitely want something more pedal-friendly.

I've got a guerilla gravity megatrail that (to me) is nice and nimble because it's under 30lbs. But it sounds like that's not what he/she'd want anyway.

Good luck!
    Last edited by kidwoo; 05-26-2016 at 11:41 AM.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Price Point appears to be going out of business, and has been blowing out stupid cheap deals on parts, frames, and complete bikes. Might want to take a look over there.... and put your order on a credit card, in case it doesn't show up.

Example at $1200:
    http://www.pricepoint.com/Brand/Bree...-inch-Bike.axd
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Yeah, I had looked at those and passed them along to my friend. Well, not the Breezer, since I've heard nothing about them, but some of the Transition deals.