Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    What is the word in Denver locations?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    Call them

Called the Reno store twice this week to ask about equipment for sale, both times they said to "call back tomorrow".

Weird. Website says going out of business sale is on now at my local SA. Don't know about equipment yet. Gonna check it out in a few.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Seattle area stores start Friday.
    Some started Wednesday.

Bellevue outdoor store and regular store just have 10% on stuff, some 20%.

Nothing great yet. I imagine it will go up as time goes on like Joes did. 75% off may be a couple months away.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    started today at 92nd and hwy 36 in Westminster, friggin mad house

My store started their sale today but it's only 10 to 30% right now and none of the backroom stuff is out yet. I imagine it'll be a month or two before the mega sales, but they did take my name and number for notification once they start selling off tools and Shop stuff

Didnt go in yet but the sandy UT store has the store closing banner up, so it must be on.

Only 10-30% in CO right now. Doesn't even count as a sale, although the store was super busy and people are buying shit. No way there is any kind of real deal going on right now here.

Prices need to be at least 50% off before it's even considered a bargain...

Same 10-30% in Bay Area suburbs. Busier than normal for a Thursday evening, but not impressed. My small local SA (which only opened last year in a shit location, go figure) doesn't have ski gear. Camping/outdoor gear selection is pretty shit too. Only thing I actually saw was a TNF down jacket at 50% that my wife would probably like, but she's already set.

There's a much bigger location a bit farther away that I may check out next week to see if they have anything better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Are they selling the fucking shop tools yet?!
    No longer stuck.

Sounds like the shops in CO will try to hold out till their lease is up. Dillon's ends in August so that's when the bargains will be better.

I called again yesterday and the liquidators are still "figuring out what to do" with the stuff
    No longer stuck.

In Austin, they are up to 70% off on some items, but most are 40 to 60% off. I went by again on Monday, but didn't find anything I wanted to buy. All of the skis and bindings are gone, as well as the bike racks and roof top boxes. Some ski boots (Atomic) remain, and socks, mittens, and rather low end jackets, etc. Lots of Colorado State logo gear, so that may suggest where most of the winter stuff was trucked in from.

Anyway, the sale is all but over here. Not much left that is worth having.

Wow.
    Barely started here. Other stores not going out of business have better deals. Camel Backs are like 10% off. Don't even have any ski equipment.
    Bla.
    No longer stuck.

Yes north Denver stores are just 10-30% right now. Girl told me they have no plans to sell off their shop equipment either...

Stupid liquidators don't realized it's Gold, Jerry, Gold.
    No longer stuck.

SA in Lewiston ID is 10-30% off right now but all firearms are 30% and that is the lowest they will go on guns. Just picked up a sweet Benelli.

PSA: Sports Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    SA in Lewiston ID is 10-30% off right now but all firearms are 30% and that is the lowest they will go on guns. Just picked up a sweet Benelli.
    Shit! I wish my SA sold firearms. Which Benelli?

SBEII for $1,300

In SF it is all 10-20% off. Waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    SBEII for $1,300
    Not bad. Love my SBEII! I have had mine for 7years. Runs flawlessly.

Dang 150 for what looks like a new park stand is a great deal.

The one near me closed last year. Wasn't seeing any good deals. Before we left my son says he needs a sleeping bag for camping. We take a look, place is a shambles. we find 1 that is like a 35 degree bag, about $150.00 and one that is a 20 degree bag with no price. I get someone to check the price. They scan it and say, "you're gonna want this one". I say ok why?... its regularly (like) $150+ but its marked down to $15. I ask if they had any more. They went in to the back and came back out and said some guy was in earlier and bought every last one of them, or so he thought. He bought 13 of them for the boyscouts.

It took a little perseverance, but I was able to score quite a bit of gear from the shop in Eden Prairie. The regular employees didn't know shit, but I was finally able to make it happen with the head of the liquidation team for the region. I got a bomber wintersteiger vise system, p-tex gun, roto-brush, and a bunch of other little things for $75. I also bought a bunch of shelving from the shop area that will be great for basement/garage storage. I also got word today that they will be selling their rental skis for next to nothing. Looks like I'll be getting skis for my daughter for the next few years, too.