Thread: DB Mission 1

DB Mission 1

Anyone out there think its a terrible idea to buy a brand new DB Mission 1 for $1350? Seems like a good deal and I should pull the trigger as I havent found anything used near that price point that seemed like as good of a value. Live and ride in Tahoe. Anyone object? Thanks for any input.

A bit heavy and not dialed by most means but at 1350 you would be hard pressed to find anything that comes close new.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Just buy the thing dammit! And then lets go ride. 30lbs ain't bad I'll carry your beer (1) if that will help.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Ha. Yea I'm just pussy footing around. Thats almost two ski setups worth of money man.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Just buy the thing dammit! And then lets go ride. 30lbs ain't bad I'll carry your beer (1) if that will help.

Had a diamondback. Loved it. Most underrated brand imho, especially with promotive deals.

I was just kidding BTW, you gotta carry your own damn beer. Congrats on the new steed.

Hard to beat the deal on DB's and I feel they're much better bikes than people will admit. The Mission 1 also got a solid upgrade on tires and fork this year which is nice. Invest in a dropper at some point, and some better brakes down the line, and you should be plenty stoked.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Ive got a 2016 mission pro and love it.

Step 1 after purchase: Buy new wheels.

Seriously, the stock DB wheels suck badly.

Don't listen to the bike nerds. (which I guess I am too) Ride it, replace what you break. Climb, descend, smile, have a beer and make it your goal to go faster and beat the guys with 8000 dollar bikes to the bottom (or top)

Thanks for the input guys...got the bike and after a few rides it is far and away better than what I was on...feels like a different sport really..it weighs about the same but is far more efficient on the up and the down isn't even comparable ....as a follow up to the comment about the wheels what exactly makes them suck and what would be a good alternative that is reasonably priced?

Ride...break...replace.

Quote Originally Posted by jetski View Post
    Ride...break...replace.
    This^^^. I like the numbers on those bikes. They look fun. That bottom link fairly parallel to the ground makes it look like it might be a good pedaler as well . If you ruin a rim, I've been happy with my Easton arc's(decent price, width options, and possible tubeless)

The wheels are one the heaviest part of a bike (other than the frame). The stock DB wheels just don't spin very well, are heavy and aren't that tough. Wheels are the single biggest upgrade you can do to a bike, and the DB wheels are not worth keeping. You will drop 3 pounds off the bike by getting new wheels and going tubeless. Trust me, that will make the bike feel a TON different!

Sun Ringle are cheapish wheels that will be an upgrade. Check out some of the SRAM wheels too.

I think he's already tubeless, or was planning to anyway

Planning on tuneless as the very first thing ...they came with tubes inflated in the box so I've just been riding it that way for now...going to make that change very soon ...as far as wheels go that's further down the line but worth thinking about sooner than later

azonic outlaws are another inexpensive and blingy colors too.