Photos uploaded sideways?

The photos on my computer are oriented correctly. When I uploaded them, they were uploaded in a rotated form. The 10 limit attachment per post sucks. I had to create two posts just to post photos from the TR. I also couldn't delete photos via 'manage attachments' to change which photos were added. Nor could I edit attachments/photos after I've submitted the post. There's a lot of shit that ain't workin that used to be easy to do.

See:
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...3%29?p=4739098

Some photos are taken sideways, and the camera records in the metadata that the picture needs to be rotated, so your computer may display it correctly. When uploading to websites, many times the metadata will be striped out to protect your privacy. This also strips out the information on how to correctly display the image. If you want to send me your original image (IMG_4951.jpg), I can show you what I'm talking about in more detail.

As for the photo uploader, we built a more robust tool but rolled it back due to the feedback we received on it. I'm open to maybe making both of them available in an attempt to make everyone happy. I personally don't like vBulletin's native attachment module either.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    Some photos are taken sideways, and the camera records in the metadata that the picture needs to be rotated, so your computer may display it correctly. When uploading to websites, many times the metadata will be striped out to protect your privacy. This also strips out the information on how to correctly display the image. If you want to send me your original image (IMG_4951.jpg), I can show you what I'm talking about in more detail.

As for the photo uploader, we built a more robust tool but rolled it back due to the feedback we received on it. I'm open to maybe making both of them available in an attempt to make everyone happy. I personally don't like vBulletin's native attachment module either.
    The stash photo uploader was nice when it worked but it was a rare occasion when it actually did.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    The stash photo uploader was nice when it worked but it was a rare occasion when it actually did.
    Sending me some details on how it didn't work for you can help make it better...if I ever put it back into use.