Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Did everyone miss that someone sent his wife to Golden while he stays back east in grad school?

Lmao I got hit by alpine zone that is sweet

Great thread!. WTF is DAT - I don't understand your issue. Colorado is great, and everyone knows it. That's why all the people are there. You live in [one of] the best places in the country. Pipe down and enjoy that shit before the 4th Denver/Colorado renaissance is upon you and then you'll be posting about how you used to live there but now you live somewhere else that's way better. Colorado is great! I love Colorado. It doesn't get any better. You are a luck SOB. (And SFB and BigDude - with all respect - STFU!) Cheers!

The only insight I can ad to this compelling thread (above and beyond what's been said in the countless "what place" threads) is that you'll find nice people as well as idiots everywhere and you control your own destiny through your choices and attitude.

As a place becomes a victim of its own good press the ratio will shift toward the idiots. God help you if your home town/state makes a magazine's top 10 places list.

Having said that, there will always be places you can go where the idiot ratio is in your favor, and we're all fortunate to be able to be having this debate: Denver vs. Salt Lake vs. Seattle vs. ...

Did I have an easier time driving I-70 to the hill on a weekend snow day in 1987 than I do on a weekday snow day in 2016? The unfortunate answer to this is yes. And so it goes ...

Cheers,
    Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

File this under "First World Problem". There are many great places in the west with outstanding recreational opportunities, and Colorado is one of them.

I will say this Re: Colorado skiing, for lift served, the primo expert terrain mountains are usually light on snowfall, and the primo snowfall mountains are relatively short on expert terrain. That matters if deep days on expert terrain are what you're all about. One could argue Silverton checks both boxes, but that's a different experience. That's not saying these hills aren't worth your time, just the reality of what the terrain, climate and forest service permits have given us.
    Last edited by hatchgreenchile; 05-16-2016 at 04:49 PM.

uhhh

blurred better mountain sport athlete than the lot of ya

summit county terrain is not world class...c'mon

colorado basicaly a money extraction tool - the cops want you to buy legal weed while writing up summons and the local govt has its head up their asses

skiing better in Utah and WYoming and seattle and tahoe
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

while CO may have more bro's i think they are considerably less poser than those smug dicks found in the PNW skiing in arctryx with cute little hello kitty looking backpacks and brand new equipment

i like my skis with a little wear on em
    Zone Controller

I mean, if you idiots insist on visiting, we might as well extract some cash from you.

Go Pros and Arcteryx are expensive, yo.

hey i showed up to give my cash away

they could have been a bit more courteous and respectful towards me

i guess they learned their lesson
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    while CO may have more bro's i think they are considerably less poser than those smug dicks found in the PNW skiing in arctryx with cute little hello kitty looking backpacks and brand new equipment

i like my skis with a little wear on em
    Totally, man. Totally.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

I do not nor have I ever hated on Summit County / Eagle County and Denver.

The placed is packed so people must dig it there.

I do draw the line at all the CO plates showing up in MT with all the dickheads who want to tell me how great it is there.

So great they fucking moved here.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

there is a shit ton of killer skiing around Summit but unfortunately it's often a death trap. But when it's on the access and terrain is definitely world class imo.

I'm with ya DD, when ever I'm out on the mountain and I see one them tele tubby goobers wearing an Arcteryx jacket it just ruins my day and I gotta go home.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Those places can all be very nice. If you do it right

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    3: If you had read my original post you would have seen that I acknowledged that I70 can be a total clusterfuck on the weekends. I get it. The thing is, I would still way rather deal with the I70 clusterfuck than the absolute nightmare I80 from the Bay Area can be. The weekday traffic on I70 is nothing to worry about, and I would way rather have an hour and twenty minute drive than a minimum 3 1/2 hour drive.
    Not everyone who lives in the bay area lives in SF. 99% of my drives to Truckee are sub 3 hours. And at least I-80 has chain controls - that's part of the reason I-70 is such a damn shit-show.

Also, AKBruin wins the thread. Posts a quote from the OP acting like a Colorado shit-head on this exact forum. There's your answer, right there. IIRC you were given good advice and no one was even rude about it, yet you came into the Tahoe thread with that shit anyway.

P.S. I really like Colorado but the "Boulder smug" is annoying as hell.

^^^^^not all of us are smug

What a passive-aggressive smug thing to say! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Why does everyone hate Summit County / Eagle County and Denver?

^^^well I'm a Norwegian from MN so I'm genetically passive aggressive. There are a bunch of smug boulder fucks but there are also some really bad motherfuckers here who do crazy shit but won't bring up climbing, skiing or anything else unless you pry it out of em.

I call bullshit. A climber that won't talk about it? Unpossible I say!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Right? Like a Sasquatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    ^^^^^not all of us are smug
    Of course not, but there's a ton of outdoorsy smugness in that town.

Hey, I'll happily shit on a bunch of the types in the bay area too. :-)

Crowds, prices, lack of snow, traffic, mellow terrain, the list can go on and on. There's some great skiing to be had there, but most of it isn't inbounds. If you want to talk about inbounds skiing, there are a ton of way better places to go that get more snow, have less crowds, and have much better terrain.

Well, I ain't going back there.

^^^not core enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I ain't going back there.
    Last edited by Danno; 05-17-2016 at 10:12 AM.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    Lmao no, just sticking up for the place I was born and raised, and am genuinely curious why everyone on this forum hates Colorado
    I was born and raised here. I hate what has happened to Colorado.
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"