Look Axial bindings

I have a few pair of the old look/rosi bindings (not the ones they're currently producing). They are easily 10 yrs old by now, will shops stop working on these things anytime soon? I was thinking of mounting them on some skis but maybe I should just get some new binders.

thanks in advance for sharing the knowledge.

The toe mount pattern is identical to the current fks/axial3 toes. Heels are different.

Those were good bindings but every pair I had definitely developed a lot of slop in the heel, so may not be a bad idea to think about replacing them at some point and just drilling a new set of heel holes.

IIRC, fks mount will clear for a given bsl. No idea about px/axial3 heels. You could always print out some paper templates and make sure.

Search for "indemnified bindings list" if they are on the list any shop will mount them.
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

Quote Originally Posted by cooks View Post
    The toe mount pattern is identical to the current fks/axial3 toes. Heels are different.

Those were good bindings but every pair I had definitely developed a lot of slop in the heel, so may not be a bad idea to think about replacing them at some point and just drilling a new set of heel holes.

IIRC, fks mount will clear for a given bsl. No idea about px/axial3 heels. You could always print out some paper templates and make sure.
    bumping just to clarify.

My findings are different. FKS mount for heel is too close to that of old Axial 1's. The aft holes clear easily, the fore holes are too close.

BUT I have two pairs of skis that were mounted and used with Axial 1's now both using FKS and reusing the fore heel holes on the FKS. They are so very, very (very) close to the FKS spacing that they work no problem. I only needed to drill the two aft heel holes for the FKS and plug the aft heel holes for the Axial 1's.

All that said, if i recall correctly, this puts the FKS heel about 0.5cm ahead of where it should be mounted for same BSL meaning you have to dial it back a bit for forward pressure.

That all make any sense?

It's been forever since I tried to deal with this combination, so I'm sure you're right. Thanks for the correction.