Let's Chase some Poon

Just got back from Mex for my wedding and a week of unadulterated baby tarpon fishing, brown weed blazing and Nicolas Cage style drinking. It was fantastic.

I am not a great fisherman...despite living in a trout fishing mecca for several years, I didn't really get into until a few years ago but have been more or less fishing my tits off ever since. And for reference, I had only been Poon fishing one day before and it took me a little while to get the shift in mindset from trout/steel head to the bony mouthed, fight-you-like-you-raped-its-sister Tarpon. Let's just say I missed a few sets and broke a few off before finally landing a couple.

The morning would start off with a good old fashioned boat race. All of the boats were our buddies:

Our own Conundrum and his first taste of the poon, landed after repeated double black diamond casting under an overhanging mangrove. We could see it rolling from time to time and I think it was about his sixth well-place cast and strip that this little bastard finally took.

Conundrum stripping like a single mom working her way through dental assistant school:

Yours truly, zeroing in on one of many baby poon seen that week:

My very first poon...it was oh so sweet.

Scouting:

My buddy JB giving it hell and then the grip and grin:

I love Mexico:

The local wildlife was pretty cool, too:

And the obligatory wedding shot. No, we're obviously not Mormon nor good catholics:

All in all, an amazing fishing trip with a wedding attached to it. The last day I went solo with a guide and managed to boat one, lose one as we were pulling it into the boat, break off two and fucking trout set another two (which doesn't even begin to work, fyi).
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    congrats on landin the keepers
    and a good fishin trip
    thanx 4 sharin
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

That looks nice.

Congrats! Enjoy the little one.

Rad!

Congrats!

Well fuckin a Rev. Congrats on the hitchup. It's nice to see good people happy.

I hope you're well paid to wear pants like that though.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Most fun I've had in awhile!

Grats dude, baby poons in MX are super fun. Lucky you to combine all of those into one trip!

Did anybody warn you that you are FUCKED? Not talking about the wedding, that part is awesome Congrats! The stupid tarpon though are now in your blood and you will now jeopardize said wedding at any remote chance of getting after them again. I made the same mistake 6 years ago and now my life is pretty much one giant scheme to get back and chase them silver bastards every possible chance I get.
    Thanks for sharing, now I'm off to book tickets to the Keys. I hear they are migrating through Florida....
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

"Conundrum stripping like a single mom working her way through dental assistant school:"

Awesome.
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Did anybody warn you that you are FUCKED? Not talking about the wedding, that part is awesome Congrats! The stupid tarpon though are now in your blood and you will now jeopardize said wedding at any remote chance of getting after them again. I made the same mistake 6 years ago and now my life is pretty much one giant scheme to get back and chase them silver bastards every possible chance I get.
    Thanks for sharing, now I'm off to book tickets to the Keys. I hear they are migrating through Florida....
    Fact. It's all I can think about now. Went out last week and roped some carp just to ease the jonesin!
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    good thing about them carp
    is their way easier on the bum budget
    they live in beautiful places
    and the ghetto too
    1x rope?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Yeah Rev! Big congrats. Or should I say... Bradley Cooper? Cute little peanut too.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    good thing about them carp
    is their way easier on the bum budget
    they live in beautiful places
    and the ghetto too
    1x rope?
    8wt with 2x, minnow patterns and small Sculpin. We rope 'em on the Snake River using my Pax vaporizer and duck boat which has an outboard jet and a 12' PVC "flats pole". It is pretty f'ing fun.