Thread: Sell outs

Sell outs

Seriously, now we have click bait like cheerleader fails and Hollywood gossip!?

Just fucking sad.

It depends on what's in your browser cache, I'm getting Woodcraft, Max Tool Sales and Infiniti ads.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I have coloring gray hair made easy. I am exclusively on an iPhone since the new update. I don't have gray hair issues at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Seriously, now we have click bait like cheerleader fails and Hollywood gossip!?

Just fucking sad.
    Pretty sure you don't pay for anything to be here. It's like bitchin about a free lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Pretty sure you don't pay for anything to be here. It's like bitchin about a free lunch.
    Bootlcker talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    I don't eat lunch. Lunch is for pussies.

That stuff popped up out of our control. It blows and we're trying to see if we can get rid of it. Apologies for the clickbait in the meantime.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    I have coloring gray hair made easy.
    Link please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I got "Dumped At The Altar Chubby Bride Does The Amazing" so I guess I'm winning, but still not ideal...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    That stuff popped up out of our control. It blows and we're trying to see if we can get rid of it. Apologies for the clickbait in the meantime.
    One weird trick to increase advertising revenue!!! Google doesn't want you to know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Not going away, clean out the trash!!

Thank you in advance for your attention in this matter,
    sincerely, all users.

#bringbacktags

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi-Bell View Post
    Not going away, clean out the trash!!

Thank you in advance for your attention in this matter,
    sincerely, all users.

#bringbacktags
    Did you uninstall and reinstall the app yet? I'm told that's whAt needs to happen.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Content is king... You paying attention to the metrics Dunfee?
    Bounce Rate 63.90% up 3.00%
    Daily Pageviews per Visitor 2.43 down 9.67%
    Daily Time on Site 3:49 down 11.00%

Create more content and you should have no problem selling ads again? What happened you had an entire team to sell ads and create content (thats why you moved here, right) and now TGR is serving Google adds? Its about as lazy as it gets, ie you are having trouble selling the actual ad space.. Turns out I need a new cheap used car right??? I had to come to TGR to find that out though..

Figure out how to integrate the actual website into the forums, aside from the sidebar as anyone under 40 doesn't pay much attention to that shit. You guys really have 2 very different products and people buying ads are surely aware or traffic to the actual site where your content lives vs forum.

The irony is the affiliate program ya'll bailed on could easily have bought all those add units for hundreds of dollars a day.. Paid Placement has outdoor retailers competing against each other to be shown on publisher sites like yours and mine.

Now lets talk SEO....
    Your current keywords are not likely to generate any organic traffic. Seeing the numbers above, you really want to focus on SEO. Same can be said for the website description, as is these is almost zero chance of getting any organic free natural traffic based on the current description alone. ie people are not searching for those terms...

Do you really need 7+ ad spaces on the homepage. Also FYI you will get banned from Google if they catch you posting ads like articles. The BMC shit needs to say its an ad. Don't trick people to make money

Good info, I think.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

adblock origin... I cringe when I see the internet without an adblock. Android look in to gello mod and minminguard.

not a good sign at all.. First of all Adsense is not a revenue driver. Secondly these ads spots should not be hard to sell. Even at a major discount it would drive circles around the money earned via Google Clicks. (google ads are lazy at best)

The irony is we dropped the Avantlink program as ya'll bitched to much... remember your REI and Backcountry links that had a little code added to the end (your welcome) well that was easily a minimum 30k a month in revenue. A lot more had we got aggressive with it... Better yet you could sell the adspace to Backcountry.com and then make a commission every time someone made a sale through the banner. Double dipping 10-20% per sale..

So guessing if you bitch enough (paging tgr420) they might change the ads up?

Better yet, Todd give a ring and I can help dial this in for you....

or the 10 fucking Whistler ads on the homepage?

.. I wouldn't be in Jackson if this website never existed, I still have lot of love for the team. However what I am seeing does not look good on the digital side of things.. but what do I know, I run a fucking blog

Quote Originally Posted by media310 View Post
    First of all Adsense is not a revenue driver.
    For someone with a web site you sure don't know shit about it.

And BackCountry doesn't buy inventory, they just run through Criteo.

um so your telling me BC and REI are not buying ads?

I would like to invite you to see AvantLink's paid placement system that allows BC and REI and every other company to buy ads on publishers websites.
    http://support.avantlink.com/hc/en-u...Bidding-System

If it weren't for ad dollars, I would not be sitting in my pajamas at 11:37am on a Thursday.

But hey 6,000 post you must know something I don't or maybe this is my old kook boss Scott chiming in, if so go back to the bay area

Apparently nobody likes you and I'm starting to realize why
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Oh, I don't know... I've only been working in internet advertising for the past 16 years. Yes, they run through affiliate shit... big fucking deal. Otherwise they buy retargeting through criteo. You dismissing Google AdX is hilarious and shows that you know how to monetize a very small site with very little traffic and don't understand the difference when there's real scale involved.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    ...how to monetize a very small site with very little traffic...
    Hey! You're not talking about us are you?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    you know how to monetize a very small site with very little traffic
    mediaspam310 gets traffic to his shitty blog other than his mother?

Back to the topic at hand