Chic Cocs April 15-23

Invitation, trepidation, hall pass, vacation...Done Chic Cocs April 15-23

Logistical arrangements went a little bumpily, but Friday around 6AM the Suby and I were on the road.

Got to Camping du Mont Albert well before sundown. Saturday dawned crispy so I determined to wait until 10:30 or so before setting out for Hogsback but started to assemble the day pack....

drum roll, please...

Shock and stunned stupifaction....my shells were back home. Zipped down to Sainte-Anne-des-Monts, 42 klicks North(ish) and scored some make-do category gear. It turned out the pants were not really needed, but the jacket served well.

Okay photos by the day. Day 4 a trip to Xalibu is not here because I took binoculars instead of a camera. No vids yet. There are some, but serious anti-shake editing is pending. Snow on all days was either soid or corn, very soft

corn.

Day 1 Hogsback (solo, skied easy way)

Day 2 Moose pic and Mont Lyall (solo, no hijinx would like to hit it in pow)

Day 3 Back in my spiritual backyard

Day 4...no pix A trip to Xalibu we went, saw and dropped an easy gully. Got rather firm as we went up.

Day 5 A run to Mont Jacques-Cartier, I skied Mont Comte

Day 6 Double sessions. Backdoor Bowl-Lunch(thirst quenching)-Apostrophe (Apostrophe warned me off so I went for the Birches and tried to film the Apostrophe crew.

Day 7 Freak and S dropped by some of the crew, I settled for lesser runs

Day 8 Raining...kayackers seem to like it

Last edited by robrox; 04-29-2016 at 05:06 PM.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Looks like a good time was had. What's with the slide out rig?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Every year a new perspective and then I think , some day. Thanks for that. Always looks worth the trip

SkiChicChos round tripped us to Mines in the cat. Worth every penny! #donewithmytimeinpain

I have skinned in and skied our three times, twice with the sled.

The Park skimo baggage transport helped a lot going in for those three trips but they were already shut down for the season. Because of that, SCC carried the loads in the cat. They have a non-compete arrangement, btw. When both are operating there is a 65L pack allowance for the cat, which SCC strictly enforce.

nice

Did most of my provisions shopping in Campbellton, NB.

Groceries from Atlantic Superstore, just off Rte 17 on Val-d'Amour Rd. (NB 270). Scored the Bulleit Rye, Picaroons Ales and 4L of surprisingly tasty Merlot (in a box) at the NB Liquor (next to Sobey's on Roseberry St.). Prices were good at both locations, even better when I got my card statements.

I recommend against bringing produce and booze into Canada, as it can get complicated and rather expensive. I brought a couple of boxes of cigars with me, but well under the limit of 50 sticks.

Try to remember about not bringing any Canadian produce back with you. The US Border Agent was very nice on the way back home. The identity confirming questions were not onerous.

Nice Rob...looked like a good time and decent snow.

btw...great use of the tele binder!

Nice!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

I really want to get a group together for this trip next Spring.
    Thanks for the stoke.

Next year will be the year

I grew up in Fredericton, NB but really at Crabbe Mountain. For many years I have been intrigued by the Chic Chocs. This year will be the year to make a trip up. Thanks for the motivation

Chic Cocs are on my list for sure